• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC has suddenly begun to freeze

Processor i7-4790k 4.00 GHz
Motherboard Msi Z97S SLI Krait Edition
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB RAM DDR3
Video Card(s) Msi GTX 980 ti
Storage Western Digital 1TB HDD
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse Logitech Proteus Spectrum G502
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 8.1
Alright so I ran a few full scans with Zone Alarm Free AV and have been gaming for about 6 hours since and am having no problems now. Thank you all very much for your time and patience. If I am having more problems I will report back and if anyone is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated.

I've started using cromodo but am having a small annoying problem with it not saving settings and search engines and I'm not sure if this is normal.

System Name barely hangin on...
Processor Intel I5 4670K @stock
Motherboard Asus H81m-cs (nothing else available now)
Cooling CM Hyper 212X (in push-pull)
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RX 580 4GB Dual
Storage WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Display(s) Acer KG241QP 144Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III (Transparent side panel) - illuminated with NZXT HUE RGB
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K>Boom 3D>ATH M50/Samson SR850/HD599SE
Power Supply Corsair RM 850
Mouse Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
Software 7-64bit MBR, 10-64bit UEFI (Not Multi-boot), VBox guests...
Alright so I ran a few full scans with Zone Alarm Free AV and have been gaming for about 6 hours since and am having no problems now. Thank you all very much for your time and patience. If I am having more problems I will report back and if anyone is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated.

I've started using cromodo but am having a small annoying problem with it not saving settings and search engines and I'm not sure if this is normal.

What the hell are you talking about? "saving search engine"?? You installed the yahoo search and changed the homepage during comodo install because you blindly clicked "yes" during install without reading anything. Just change your browser's default home page and search and all will be as it was.

Edit:
Learn how to use the software before complaining. It's a powerfull tool, but still a tool. YOU need to know how to use it properly to get the desired results.