• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

powerspec 9200se problems

sturgan

I know, I know, I desperately need to get a new video card, but for now I am stuck with rubbish. So this is my problem.

Right now I have a powerspec radeon 9200se 128mb AGP card, which is recognised as a c.p. technologies 9200se. I am running it with ATI drivers version 6436.
I want to update the drivers to ver 6476 preferably the altered drivers soI can OC abit, but no matter what driver I use, even if I re-install the 6436 drivers from the ati website, nothing recognises the card as a 3d card, after updating drivers, all I can do is rollback what I have now.
When updating the driver and trying to atitool, it just says that my card is not recognised as having hardware acceleration and vertex shader 1.1.

I am using windows xp with directx 9.0c.

Any suggestions please, and yes I do know that I should get a new video card, thanks

kirunaboy

I can only say that! try too uninstall every atifile! then install the agp 11.70 or some ather i don´t know whats your computer is. then you can install the latest driver but not the really latest becouse that one is not good for the 9200cards...

kirunaboy

hi! i have talking too a friend and he says that you most start the computer in safe mode and then remove all atifiles and agpfiles then restart and clear cmos in your book for the motherboard you can read how to clear cmos. after that install the atifils fron 200310 that one is the best for your card but remeber someone matbe say somthing else // Fredrik one more thing in windows\system32\ you have a map called reinstall in that map you have somee maps called 0001 0002 0003 clear this map inside them not the 0001 map but all files inside..... good luck

sturgan

well got it to work, all I had to do was to get rid of all the ati files, and bingo, thanks again kirunaboy