• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Price increases of magnetic storage

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Yesterday I wanted to see how much is a spinpoint F3 since I wanted to add one. It's the equivalent of 102 Euros. 3 months ago I bought one for 50. It's insane.

a 1Tb F3 used to be £40 on the dot. now its something like £212 - more then double its original price. :shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu

----

I understand that the manufacturer has probably raised the costs due to the drives being in limited supply as there probably aint a factory in production thats capable of supplying every single retailer, or OEM across the globe, but these prices are just insane. An extra £20-30 ontop and I would have been like "me'h -fair enough...you gotta do what you gotta do" but this is madness. no-one in their right mind is going to purchase a hard drive at these prices unless it was a matter of life and death.

:EDIT:

Just to add to this.... Not only does buying a hard drive hurt, but it also hurts PC and hardware sales in general.

People will be less reluctant build a new PC because of the hard drive prices. SSDs are nice given the current prices but they are no substitute for massive storage. unless youre happy running with nothing but a 128Gb SSD.

Last edited: