• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems after trying to change X850 pro to X850 XT

adz81

After running the tests, is it safe to have the Mem and Core at the value just before it crashes or just before it reports an error?? Would that be detrimental towards the card at all??

mmx

What value are before crashing? And there is another button "scan for artifacts"
Set the max value whitout artifacts.

adz81

Well when running the find max core test, my computer crashed at 580,
do you guys know what would be a good value to have this at??
Would my core and memory be able to go higher if I had another heat sink on there??

Cheers

adz81

I'm looking at it now, how do I set the max value without artifacts?
I can see scan artifacts, but I cant see an option to set max value without artifacts.

mmx

580 for the memory?? if so that is a good oc. Set it to 570, then scan for artifacts and if there are no artifacts is good, then do the same for the core, but the mem set it to default.

adz81

No its 580 for the core.
I went into the option for artifact scanning and scrolled the bar all the way to the right to select "Less artifacts detected: Higher overclock", should I perform another Core test now?

adz81

After setting the core to 570 then scanning for artifacts it drops the core back down to what it was originally a few seconds into the test.

mmx

Set core speed to default, and run find max mem

adz81

Ok I have done the memory test and it goes up to 610.
Should I put both the core and the memory up to the max and then do scan for artifacts??
Was what I described earlier on when I set "Less artifacts detected: Higher overclock" all the way to the right correct also?

mmx

Ok, now if the core runs at 570 or 580 , you wont se the difference.
My advice is to set the core to 570 and mem to 600, and run 3dmark, and play some games to se if it runs stable, if you see artifacts in games then lower the clocks a little.
An example: i have x800xl(400\500) and a Call of duty2 benchmark i get around 39FPS, then i oc the card to 440\570 and there is only 1FPS gain.

mmx

Google for FRAPS, and download it.

adz81

Thanks alot for all your help tonight mmx, I really appreciate it, you have given me a life time of information!!
I just have one more question,
if I bought another fan for my graphics card, would that allow me to over cloke it further?

Thanks again for all your help,
I really appreciate it.

Cheers

mmx

adz81 said:
Thanks alot for all your help tonight mmx, I really appreciate it, you have given me a life time of information!!
I just have one more question,
if I bought another fan for my graphics card, would that allow me to over cloke it further?

Thanks again for all your help,
I really appreciate it.

Cheers
Who am i to allow you :laugh: but i dont recomend it because the performance of 10-20Mhz
to the core and mem in the games is zero.
Good luck.

Last edited: