1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Raijintek Styx

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The Raijintek Styx is a larger variant of the Metis. It offers the ability to hold an mATX board and comes with 240 mm radiator support. Thanks to the slightly larger size, you may also go for bigger components, like GPUs and air coolers, and up to five hard-drive bays and a slimline ODD bay. Just like the Metis, the Styx is available in a large number of colors - so take your pick!

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Raijintek/Styx/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
    erixx, X800, Ikaruga and 3 others say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Folterknecht

Thanks Received:
    I like what you did there - calling out the marketing BS and scoring accordingly.

Keep that up

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. mascotzel

Thanks Received:
    Good points made on both the negatives and the positives.
    I just got this case a few days ago, but it was on a good deal ( it had a bit lower price and a CPU cooler included, although I would have skipped the crappy window).
    I would add :
    + it seems that all the panels can be taken apart, they are held by screws
    - in front of the case, above the ODD drive it seems as if there would be enough space for a 3.5 HDD
    - 1-2 cm higher and raising the motherboard area would have allowed for enough space for (more common) 160mm deep PSU's, maybe space for a 3.5" drive in the floor, maybe space for the ATX connector and cable

4. Nordic

Nordic

Thanks Received:
    I am becoming a really big fan of the Raijintek designs. They make actually compact cases unlike others who make itx cases that can fit matx boards.

Both of these are true on their smaller Metis case.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. D1RTYD1Z619

Thanks Received:
    My next Matx build is between the classic version or one from Case labs bullet series.

6. mascotzel

Thanks Received:
    Raijintek just launched an improved version of the Metis. Maybe they'll do that to with Styx.

7. Caring1

Caring1

Thanks Received:
    I'm not a fan of inverted motherboard layouts. I would consider it if it was the other way around.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Konias New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thx for review. I was building media PC in this case in December. Its realy nice case. The biggest problem was HDD and SSD placement. I was unable to connect SSD drives behind mobo. There is almost no space, and drives are too close to the motherboard mounting plate. Ideally, You need straight sata power connectors.

Sys Spec:
    Rajintek STYX Black + Windows
    White Led Corsair 12cm fans
    PSU Corsair CX550M
    CPU Intel Core i5 6600
    CPU Cooler BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim ( Tower with 92mm fan )
    MOBO Asroc 170M Extrem4
    Ram 16Gb DDR4 Kongstone
    SSD system Drive 480Gb Kingstone
    HDD 1Tb For Data
    NVDIA Quadro VGA
    Slim Optical Drive HP

I use opposite airflow. Air was suck from behind throu the cooler and PSU serve as exhaust. 12 cm Fans on the top sucking air inside the case. I try to make positive air pressure.