• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer DeathAdder Problems

Hello
I need help big time here with this little black animal with leds..First my rig:
A64 4050e (x2) oced to 3ghz
DFI CFX3200M2/G RD580 Chipset
2gb ram
WinXp x64/Vista x64 dual boot
Razer Deathadder "walking" on a Razer ExactMat

1. I have BIG tracking problems at 900DPI,450DPI with 500hz and 1000hz pooling rates.There is a very very awkard movement at this settings..Mouse freezing or when go right or left slowly and trying to be precise the cursor keep going down vertically..I need to keep a speed of the mouse above a limit..Man this mouse is so frustratring..I have latest firmware and drivers... 1.27 with 1.08..In conclusion 900 and 450 DPI are useless...

2.When i try to go diagonals it works like a stair on both sides of the pad BUT the problems way bigger on Control side of the ExactMat.Is like you climb on bricks instead of stairs...This is the second mouse because i RMA one and this exhibits identical behaviour.I tested on my PC and my Dad pc with drivers and without drivers and on wood table,printer paper,cloth cheap mat..

3.1800DPI is way too much for me...Before i had an A4tech x750F and then MX518 (1600DPI) version..With A4tech i made miracles in my fav game Half-life 2 Deathmatch.I used 1200Dpi with InteliMouse drivers.The only thing i have to complain about x750 is the high lift off distance and quality of plastics but the mouse was perfect from tracking point..Then i saw mx518 at an offer and i said i should give it a shoot..The tracking was good but the problem was Setpoint...Man that program was a ton of crap..I couldn't find ANY settings that i like with setpoint installed..After 2 months of crapping out and dumbing i decide to sell it and get a DA.The drivers are OK and but i can't cope with 1800DPI..Is too much for me..Also the 1800dpi in aliance with stair-like movement made my "day" and after frustrations and stuff i end up going down in DPI again and i realizead that 900 and 450 are unusable...PLease advice because i am at a very little distance to sell it and buy a 20euro a4tech oscar gaming mouse..

NoN mouse related problems
4. After kicking around with different mices i realized that from some reason the settings in games are overwritten somehow that is beyond my control..For example i make the settings in mouse control panel, in windows etc and play the game..I say is aproximately fine but needs fine tunning...Ok..I restart computer and dang everything is different again..The mouse is different from last reboot and the only thing that i've done was a stupid reboot..I realized that is windows related because this problem is with the other mices that i had..

Thank you..

xu^

System Name Mr_average ( hoping 1 day to upgrade to Mr_above_average )
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700x @3.4ghz/4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AS-500 Plus - White | 6 Lian Li ST120mm case fans - White
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 - White
Video Card(s) Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4070 12GB OC
Storage 512gb Sabrent Nvme | 4tb Samsung SSD | 2tb WD Blue SSD| 1tb Crucial P3 Nvme| 1tb WD Blue HDD = 8.5tb
Display(s) D1: LG Ultragear GL850-B 27" 1440p 144hz | D2: Asus Tuf - VG249 24" 1080p 144hz
Case Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB - White
Audio Device(s) Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II | Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset - White
Power Supply Corsair TX650M Semi Modular 80+ Gold
Mouse Red Dragon M991 - White
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2
Software Windows 11 Pro
u are running x64 drivers rather than the normal 32bit driver?

i have a deathadder ,and havnt come across anything like u describe ,which leads me to think its possibly x64 related as i run 32bit xp.
maybe uve been really unlucky and got 2 duff mice mice 1 after another but unlikely i would have thought.

apart from checking u actually have a x64 driver im at a loss as wat to suggest tbh,maybe try the mouse on a frinds 32bit system and see if its the same on that?

Hello and thx for the answer.
The thing i tested on Windows 2000 Professional Sp4 with all udates installed and the stairlike movement is present.This test was plain and simple..Plug in the mouse without any drivers and stuff..I swapped the razer with A4tech x718BK gaming mouse and this one have great tracking at any pooling rate and any dpi on ExactMat.The biggest problem of it is the BIG lift off distance..The mouse have 16k memory and supports script creator,X Y individual settings, Click response time selection, Report rate 125,500,1000 and the best thing i loved by is 5 DPI hardware settings without any driver or stuff..There is a model also that supports weight cartridges.
Thanks