• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Naga V2 Pro

pzogel

Reviewer
The right-handed ergonomic Naga V2 Pro is more than just an MMO mouse: with three swappable side panels each offering a different button layout, up to a maximum of 20, the Naga V2 Pro can adapt to any kind of game. Up to 150 hours of battery life in 2.4 GHz wireless and 300 hours in Bluetooth along with the latest sensor and optical switches round things off.

Show full review

System Name Better than before
Processor 10400
Motherboard B460 Pro4
Cooling Id-Cooling 224
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) 1650 Super
Storage Swordfish 500 GB
Display(s) AOC G2
Case Coolermaster Ammo 533
Audio Device(s) Micca MB42X
Power Supply Pure Power 11
Mouse G403
Keyboard Sidewinder x4
Software Windows 10 (ugh)
There's some useful tech here. The side buttons and scroll wheel really stand out.
I still think it's about 50 dollars too expensive though.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
There's some useful tech here. The side buttons and scroll wheel really stand out.
I still think it's about 50 dollars too expensive though.

I agree. I have the Razer Naga X it was $79.99 on launch, I love mine. The cable on the Naga X is insanely well designed, so comfy to use.

I ended up getting a second Razer Naga X for $39 when they went on sale recently. No regrets. I am set for many many years now. It makes playing games like Dragon Age so much nicer.

Finally!! A scroll wheel that it isn't one of those mechanical encoders that always die first just within months of use! That absurd reticence to use at least optical encoders: planned/sudden obsolescence driven by the users themselves.

2 side-keys is not enough and the 6 key adapter is too close to each other for exact heavy gaming.
Make one for around the thumb, with 1x extended down-clicker /1x front/1x behind and two up-keys, would be better.

People love to hate on Razer but time and time again they're among the very few ones who actually innovate when it comes to peripherals, and they've done it yet again.

I just got a Cooler Master MM731 after my Logitech 102 started double clicking everything. It's so light, it can be both wired and wireless and with 5 buttons, it has enough buttons for me for WoW and any FPS game I play. And at around $50, it's a really good deal. I don't feel anything more expensive is worth it to be honest.

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
2 side-keys is not enough and the 6 key adapter is too close to each other for exact heavy gaming.
Make one for around the thumb, with 1x extended down-clicker /1x front/1x behind and two up-keys, would be better.
I mean, there's already the Naga Trinity with its 7-button-circle side panel. Sure it is an older wired mouse, how much of an issue that'd be would be up to you.

I mean, there's already the Naga Trinity with its 7-button-circle side panel. Sure it is an older wired mouse, how much of an issue that'd be would be up to you.
Yes, wired... and not one extended thumb down key as I have said. Ok, near, but not exactly what I have described what some of us want to buy.

Am I reading this right? The only major difference between the Hyperspeed and V3 Pro is that one has mechanical and the other optical switches? Does that really warrant almost 2x the price for the Pro?

EDIT: Never mind, I dug a little deeper and found out the Hyperspeed only has one profile and no detachable sides. Still looks like a much better deal for MMO people.

Processor Intel I7 6700
Motherboard Msi Z170i Pro Gaming AC
Cooling Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP
Memory Corsair LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 980ti Extreme Gaming W3
Storage Samsung Evo 850 500GB + 250GB
Display(s) 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
Case Ncase M1
Power Supply Sharkoon Silentstorm SFX
Mouse Logitech MX Master, Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Corsair K65RGB
Software Win 10
Would like to add a comment to the durability of the side buttons as well. I use them extensively when playing wow, and after 2 years now of constant use (i use them for spells, so i click them constantly) and they are still going strong. That is for the Razer Naga V1, but I doubt they changed the side panels with v2.

Logitech and other mice have died in months, so I'm very happy with this.