• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

@unitek1, I can see from your screenshot the driver has not installed, it says 'High Definition Audio Device', and not 'AAF'.

@rambosix, normally to get the LFE channel with stereo (2 channel), the receiver-speaker system should have built in crossover.
It's possible the Dolby app like the DTS app adds crossover to the effects line before audio is sent out.

It can depend on the app, effects and in some cases the ALC. But your speakers should have hardware crossover.

Getting the Correct Subwoofer Settings for Home Theater (avgadgets.com), I like 180hz, but you should tune to LFE, or ears.

----

Given the amount of people using Z906, it seems Z906 is the most common sound system, would love to see the Z910 upgrade.

Last edited:

matigi

Hi there @Ferather . I'm hoping you can help me out. I've installed the latest driver pack without all the extras. DTS is working great. My issue is that my front headphone output mic input, and rear analog outputs have disappeared. S/PDIF out is the only sound device i have. I've got an Aorus Master X570 Mobo, Win 10 with AC1220. Where do I start, I can't seem to find any mention of this issue with other installs. Thanks!

Hi there @Ferather . I'm hoping you can help me out. I've installed the latest driver pack without all the extras. DTS is working great. My issue is that my front headphone output mic input, and rear analog outputs have disappeared. S/PDIF out is the only sound device i have. I've got an Aorus Master X570 Mobo, Win 10 with AC1220. Where do I start, I can't seem to find any mention of this issue with other installs. Thanks!
False Alarm! I removed every Realtek driver and device I could find, reinstalled the OEM driver, Removed it and installed your AAF installer. Everything it working wonderfully. I can't believe I'm able to play my FLAC 5.1 files over optical S/PDIF, using DTS on Potplayer. Thanks so much for this ground-breaking work! :)

Yes that happens a lot, 99% of the time if someone installs my driver and it does not work, it's because of residual-old driver(s) that remain.
I am sure the AAF pack is exactly the same, meaning, make sure you fully uninstall everything using 'pnputil' or similar.

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Hello again!
I've tried many many unlocked drivers, many edited drivers but I could not get the real sound quality. But now I've found the ultimate solution.
I bought an msi motherboard that supports nahimic and it works perfectly fine.
I don't think unofficial drivers will work as you intended, sorry. That is the only solution I guess
1644424763570.png
ution

That's because its all legit and not mixed up with other APO's hehe, fair enough enjoy all the updates.

:)

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF Optimus Sound:

Downloads & Updates Here

Now, an installer package with just the necessary Realtek content is available, for those who are only interested in enabling their Realtek ALC audio chips with the basic features. I hope they make good use of it.

Latest Version: 6.0.9301.1

• Realtek Interface
    • Realtek HD Audio Manager (Legacy)
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital Encoder
  • DTS Interactive Encoder
  • Realtek APO Patched
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Atmos Speaker System
    • Atmos For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
I like this application for the simplicity of installing it but the bad thing is that it does not have Dolby Pro Logic II technology, which is what I use to convert my stereo audio to 5.1 Surround

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
@Alan Finotty hi! in the last driver the devices has the same name
-speakers = output out
-Headphone = output out
Realtek and Rogue Sonic doesnt work anymore.
any AAFDCH driver makes discord have fullcontrol of the device so some games can't use untill i start the game first and then the discord.

Does it work for Windows 11?
i'm trying to make it work here, but nothing happens...

When I try to install the package, it says that I already have another Realtek Driver installed. But, using driverstore I can't see anything related to Realtek... could anyone help me?

Sonikko

Is there going to be 88.2khz support in the drivers at one point? Is there any reason it's not supported anymore in the official drivers either since 2010 or something?

Sonikko

Is there no way around it? I have lots of albums mastered in 88.2khz and I'm forced to resample them to 44.1khz.
Can't find anything about it online

Hmmm, you probably will need Win11, since it got updates in the audio department. On Win10 it doesn't fully read the ALC properly and uses a set range for sample rate.
For example, my ALC 889 from 2008 supports, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192k on analogue and 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/192k on SPDIF, but only some show.

The full range for SPDIF is: 22.05/24/32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192k, on Win11 its shows all the samples supported by my ALC 889.

Push comes to shove, then set device to 96k, it will up sample, but there should be 0 loss.

Last edited:

Sonikko

I'm running W11, fresh install, running AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8960.1 ALC897 cause it's the latest version that allows me to set the output to 7.1 while keeping the blue line in jack as line in and not force me to use it as rear speakers, for some reason since they switched to the new control panel, it won't let me pick anymore.
Using analogue output too.
I tried the most recent release just today and still no 88.2khz support. As of now I'm just upsampling, but it'd be nice if I had the option to not do that.

Last edited:
The next time I try Win11, I will let you know. I cant remember what shows on analogue.

----

So you are correct, it is the driver, if you don't use the driver all samples show, I don't remember it like this so the change may be recent.
I also just checked on Win10 21H2, with the update, its also the same and all samples show (no driver). I apologize.

If the change is more recent (21H2 got some changes), then it might be the Realtek driver needs to catch up.
Else it might be to do with third party APO's, and the fact Realtek supports so many.

Analogue 1.png
SPDIF 1.png

No 176.4k on analogue although my device supports it.

Last edited:
System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
Realtek console won't start :mad::banghead:

LOG:

Faulting application name: RtkUWP.exe, version: 1.35.264.0, time stamp: 0x61ef9795
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1503, time stamp: 0xb2acaea9
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000010b382
Faulting process ID: 0x217c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8221967820060
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\RealtekSemiconductorCorp.RealtekAudioControl_1.35.264.0_x64__dt26b99r8h8gj\RtkUWP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 19056342-6164-4364-8fc8-bf2577acc40f
Faulting package full name: RealtekSemiconductorCorp.RealtekAudioControl_1.35.264.0_x64__dt26b99r8h8gj

Win10 PRO x64 21H2
ALC892
rtk.gif

Last edited:

Sonikko

I tried with the windows stock driver as well and no luck. Ehhh, I guess I'll upsample and stop worrying about it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer ii
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL15 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage 1Tb NVME Kingston KC2500 / 500GB Evo 860 / 3x 7200Rpm HDD
Display(s) Xiaomi Surface 34" Ultrawide
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-2090 / Logitech X530 5.1 / Sennheiser HD555 / Corsair Void USB
Power Supply 750W Corsair
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Laser
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
@itachimendes
First thing did you enable windows developer mode before installing AAF pack? (settings, privacy, for developers, toggle on)

If you did then based on the error , There are several things you can try,
Easiest one, remove realtek app using the microsoft store. Re-download the store version

This 0xc000027b error is region / clock sync error.
Either your windows time is not correct due to the following from most likely to least likely issue:
-Clock is out of sync (change the time server under date and time in control panel) , sync with windows time / nist / pool time servers
-The wrong region set - location service reporting different area to the real location of where you are
-Motherboard button battery needs replacing as that is the power source for the BIOS clock which windows uses as well

Clean install the AAF pack, remove the current one, use driverexplorer to remove remnants, reboot, reinstall AAF pack

P.S Also i noticed that you are in test mode, did you need the driver signing disabled for something else?, TEST MODE will break UWP apps and cause them not to open.

Does it work for Windows 11?
i'm trying to make it work here, but nothing happens...

When I try to install the package, it says that I already have another Realtek Driver installed. But, using driverstore I can't see anything related to Realtek... could anyone help me?

@Sonikko, you said you have an ALC 897, but I think you mean 887, the second is 889:

1644929593895.png
1644929652667.png

You can do it via SPDIF, analogue not so on 887.

HaruVM

Hi anyone know how to fix this issue my rear speakers only shows as side pair
image_2022-02-15_122113.png
image_2022-02-15_122037.png
the only way to fix this is using 7.1 even i have 5.1 only
1644938520152.png
and the settings are okay i installed the last version AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9301.1 , anyone know how to fix this?

You need to edit the policy, if you don't know how, or cant be bothered, here is one. If you are using the RTK Tool, search for swap, its swap rear and side report you want to change.

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9305.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: This driverpack isn't eligible for USB-based Realtek audio chips.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "Alan Finotty", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

HaruVM

You need to edit the policy, if you don't know how, or cant be bothered, here is one. If you are using the RTK Tool, search for swap, its swap rear and side report you want to change.
thanks it worked

MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "Alan Finotty", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
There is no sound with this patch :C

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer ii
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL15 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage 1Tb NVME Kingston KC2500 / 500GB Evo 860 / 3x 7200Rpm HDD
Display(s) Xiaomi Surface 34" Ultrawide
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-2090 / Logitech X530 5.1 / Sennheiser HD555 / Corsair Void USB
Power Supply 750W Corsair
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Laser
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
This 9305 driver pack doesnt work properly at all, for analogue sound it is only working if the following settings are applied:
-front panel detection is disabled
-make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams is picked
-separate all input jacks as independent
-speaker out is set to headphones

so at the moment it is restricted to headphone channel only
DTS ultra still does not work, it turns on but there are no differences between the presets

MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

RECOMMENDATION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "Alan Finotty", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

unitek1

@unitek1, I can see from your screenshot the driver has not installed, it says 'High Definition Audio Device', and not 'AAF'.

Hello Mr.Ferather you say it not installed but i installed it i try everything reinstalled it but nothing help me where hiding my problem? can you help me solve the problem?
изображение_2022-02-16_045924.png