• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

@kotobuki09

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...dio-driver-for-windows-10.250915/post-4425583

====

Ok so I got multichannel PCM to DTS working natively, I get all channels when playing for example 6 channel AAC or 6 channel Wave. I modded the driver to install on top of the current AAF driver.
I was using the "Both decoders" option (don't think it matters), and no additional software (again, don't think it matters), just base drivers and ASIO.

----

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t11djgj8uj1mu04/AAF_6.0.9091.1_DTS.zip

If you have E-APO installed, go to it's installation folder (C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\) and delete any .reg files. If you don't have any .reg files skip this step.
You will need to disable driver signature enforcement, see here for a guide, since the files are modded and I have not signed them.

Open "Device Manager", then right click "AAF DCH Optimus Sound", and select "Update driver", then "Browse".

1.png2.png

Now select "Let me pick" then select "Have Disk", and navigate to where you extracted the .zip file. Use HDXRT.inf, and for Intel use HDXRTSST.inf.

3.png4.png

Ignore the warning about the unsigned driver, and continue with the install, once done, wait a few seconds then restart your pc.

----

Optional: To get the digital decoder (DTS) to permanently stay on, you will need to enable "Stereo Mix" (I renamed it), mute it, enable listen, and playback to digital.

6.png7.png
8.png9.png

----

If you are using E-APO you can now set it up using the configurator, select "SFX/MFX" and "Post-mix" no "Pre-Mix".

5.png

====

10.png

Plus, I still have 24bit Microphone and Stereo Mix.

Last edited:
@Ferather

Thank you. Would it be possible to incorporate this fix in future (signed) releases of the driver, @Alan Finotty ?

Again, thanks to both of you for your work, it's greatly appreciated.

That's down to @Alan Finotty, I hope so, he can do both a DDL version and a DTS version as separate options, the dual mode DTS-DDL has its perks, but doesn't fully work on UAD.
The patcher that mods the APO and adds DTS-DDL, is dated, and wont work on newer versions, it wont patch any APO past v .745.

Personally I prefer DTS, it has a higher bit rate. DTS = 1536 - 3840 kbps, DDL = 640 kbps.

@Ferather

A question about Equalizer APO: I can already upmix stereo using my Receiver (Onkyo HT-R395). Any advantages/shortcomings to using E-APO to upmix stereo, compared to letting the Onkyo do it?

Depends if your upmixer is doing stereo expand, which always sounds terrible on the rear speakers, if your getting stereo surround, then no advantage at all.

kotobuki09

@kotobuki09

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...dio-driver-for-windows-10.250915/post-4425583

====

Ok so I got multichannel PCM to DTS working natively, I get all channels when playing for example 6 channel AAC or 6 channel Wave. I modded the driver to install on top of the current AAF driver.
I was using the "Both decoders" option (don't think it matters), and no additional software (again, don't think it matters), just base drivers and ASIO.

----

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t11djgj8uj1mu04/AAF_6.0.9091.1_DTS.zip

If you have E-APO installed, go to it's installation folder (C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\) and delete any .reg files. If you don't have any .reg files skip this step.
You will need to disable driver signature enforcement, see here for a guide, since the files are modded and I have not signed them.

Open "Device Manager", then right click "AAF DCH Optimus Sound", and select "Update driver", then "Browse".

View attachment 184786View attachment 184787

Now select "Let me pick" then select "Have Disk", and navigate to where you extracted the .zip file. Use HDXRT.inf, and for Intel use HDXRTSST.inf.

View attachment 184789View attachment 184790

Ignore the warning about the unsigned driver, and continue with the install, once done, wait a few seconds then restart your pc.

----

Optional: To get the digital decoder (DTS) to permanently stay on, you will need to enable "Stereo Mix" (I renamed it), mute it, enable listen, and playback to digital.

View attachment 184797View attachment 184798
View attachment 184799View attachment 184800

----

If you are using E-APO you can now set it up using the configurator, select "SFX/MFX" and "Post-mix" no "Pre-Mix".

View attachment 184791

====

View attachment 184801

It's still unsuccessful to install the AAF DCH Optimus Sound after disable driver signature enforcement. I even try to turn on test mode but it's still the same.
explorer_gIErAAMwi2.png

It's still unsuccessful to install the AAF DCH Optimus Sound after disable driver signature enforcement. I even try to turn on test mode but it's still the same. After connect to Internet, the Windows automatic reinstall Realtek audio
explorer_gIErAAMwi2.png

6WCvQuBekq.png

I will send you a PM, the bit after ==== is a separate message. This forum will merge posts into one if you make too many too quick.

MADN00BIE

Have you tried uninstalling EVERYTHING driver related FIRST? Read the first post and uninstall. I use DDU cleaner as it also uninstalls Realtek and Soundblaster registries. Most people know DDU for GPU stuff but it works great here too. Just always try to read first and follow steps THEN post problems (if any)

DDU Webpage, very reputable for graphics but they added audio as well. Again, read first, follow directions then ask for help.
DDU did the job it's installed. I do get some random errors I do not understand how to fix but for the most part everything is working

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 81
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
@kotobuki09

====

----

View attachment 184786View attachment 184787

View attachment 184789View attachment 184790

----

View attachment 184797View attachment 184798
View attachment 184799View attachment 184800

----

View attachment 184791

====

View attachment 184801

What is the configurator ? Could I have a link ?

@Hearick

Link and config files for E-APO are below (in my signature). I'm only using E-APO to upmix stereo into 5.1-7.1, so its stereo surround not stereo expand.

I wanted to use Soundblaster 720 so I ran KGA configurator then AAF and it seemed to be3 fine. Usually it last a few days or until reboot ....now it was saying "no device" within an hour, check connection etc. I have firewall exclusion the software is running...

Looking for a standalone solution to use 720....suggestions? links? Do yoou run KGA afterward?

I found this: Realtek ALC BlasterX 720 HD Audio (sound cards) drivers for Windows (drvhub.net), check your hardware ID, then select download, not install driver (3rd party app).
It also contains and supports Dolby Digital and Digital Theatre Surround, hopefully your hardware ID will match, else you will have to mod the .inf file.

You will most likely want the top option with "hdxrt.inf", else try the other one if that does not work.

torang

hi
I can not run mb5 control panal properly, please help me!!!
@Alan Finotty @Ferather

mod version : 6.0.8960.1
windows 8.1 enterprise x64
asrock z87 extreme 4 alc 1150

Attachments

• IMG_20210120_071758.jpg
    IMG_20210120_071758.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20210120_053603.jpg
    IMG_20210120_053603.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20210120_055539.jpg
    IMG_20210120_055539.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20210120_055145.jpg
    IMG_20210120_055145.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 105
Hi.

Thanks for all your hard work on this driver. I'm having a problem with 5.1 sources over S/PDIF. The rear speakers don't play any audio. I have tried selecting DTS and DDL with no luck. Using an old realtek unlocked driver (from 2017, I believe) it works fine. Any configuration I'm missing or something else I need to install? I chose the basic options during install (both codecs + ASiO, none of the apps).

Hardware is ALC892 (Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard).

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.
@pyuras Just registered to say what did the trick for me. Hopefully it will solve your problem too. I too noticed that the rear channels don't seem to work with DDL or DTS interactive 5.1. For me it worked after I unticked the check box 'Enable audio enhancements' in the 'Advanced' tab of the S/PDIF output.

1611256878066.png

Let's confirm if this solves the problem for you. It will help other users with the same problem.
I'm running the DCH 6.0.9091.1 version in Win 10 x64 20H2 build on a Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac (ALC1220).

Last edited:
@torang

:( This is better answered by @Alan Finotty, mod version: 6.0.8960.1 is a little older, try mod version : 6.0.9091.1.

----

@dhrto

Nice find, however that option only shows if you install third party APO's such as Nahimic, it wont show if you did drivers only.
If I install Nahimic APO and drivers later (I have files), the 'Enable audio enhancements' does show.

1.png

Interesting result, didn't work either way for me :S, My modded DTS version works with 'Enable audio enhancements' enabled.

2.png

Another member mentioned having issues with foobar2000 and crashing with 'Enable audio enhancements' enabled.
I've been playing audio for 12 hours without issues with the modded DTS version and enhancements.

I have no other APO or drivers installed from the pack, no Nahimic, Sonic Studio or Atmos.

3.png
4.png

Unfortunately Neo: PC is expand not surround QQ.

====

@Alan Finotty

The Modded DTS version, is not using any APO keys, the only key present is E-APO, no Endpoint FX required.

5.png

The Realek APO (.838) also supports Dolby Digital, and I also found a co-exist setting for DD-DTS.

6.png
7.png
8.png

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASRock B550M PRO4
Cooling DeepCool AK620
Memory Kingston FURY™ Beast DDR4 3200MT/s DDR4 8 GB x 2 CL16-18-18
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256 GB
Display(s) HP Compaq LA2306x
Case N/A
Audio Device(s) GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS E1
Power Supply DeepCool PM750D 750W Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED
Software Windows 11 22H2
I have a weird problem.

Whenever I use these drivers, the AMD Radeon Software's game recording will not have sound. If I switch back to the regular drivers, this problem seems to go away.

Any thoughts on this? The motherboard I am using is MSI's P67A-GD65 (B3)

And while I am having this discussion, is it possible for me to use the DCH driver for my sound card without the mods? I want to use the standard DCH drivers for my ALC892, but I don't think they release them like that anymore.

That seems to be an issue with the AMD Radeon Software, for ages I had problems with it (I'm talking years), where it works with some AMD releases but not others.
I ended up just using the DVR built into Windows 10, It records audio both from speakers and digital, works with AAF drivers, and my modded one.

Windows can also do background recording, where you can save the last X minutes of gameplay.

1.png

Here is a quick DVR recording test of SWBF2, I'm using digital S/PDIF.

https://streamable.com/okkd4o

----

Here are brand based releases, pick your brand, sort by submit date, read its description.
Here for official Microsoft releases, sort by last updated, select download.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASRock B550M PRO4
Cooling DeepCool AK620
Memory Kingston FURY™ Beast DDR4 3200MT/s DDR4 8 GB x 2 CL16-18-18
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256 GB
Display(s) HP Compaq LA2306x
Case N/A
Audio Device(s) GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS E1
Power Supply DeepCool PM750D 750W Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED
Software Windows 11 22H2
That seems to be an issue with the AMD Radeon Software, for ages I had problems with it (I'm talking years), where it works with some AMD releases but not others.
I ended up just using the DVR built into Windows 10, It records audio both from speakers and digital, works with AAF drivers, and my modded one.

Windows can also do background recording, where you can save the last X minutes of gameplay.

View attachment 185054

Here is a quick DVR recording test of SWBF2, I'm using digital S/PDIF.

https://streamable.com/okkd4o

----

Here are brand based releases, pick your brand, sort by submit date, read its description.
Here for official Microsoft releases, sort by last updated, select download.

Thank you for your reply. While I am aware of the issues with AMD's ReLive not being able to record the audio, I feel that the audio drivers are responsible in this case.

I have tried downloading the official MSI UAD package, but I don't think they support my motherboard, as that driver simply refuses to install. I believe while @alanfox2000 was actively working on APO Configurator, there was a way to mod these standard releases to support motherboards that are left behind by the vendors themselves

@Ferather

Thanks for your extensive reply. I have only Sound Blaster Cinema 5 installed, that's because the drivers from my mainboard have support for it (I don't use it though). Other than that just the driver and DDL+DTS only ticked during installation. Now I can have 5.1 surround from my receiver, that is connected through S/PDIF (receiver decodes the signal), in games that support surround output. There's no upmixing (I didn't expect that either), when a stereo source plays, my receiver still shows 5.1 signal, but only the 2 front channels actually have sound. The other channels are just 'empty' I suppose.

I'm just glad it works. The whole APO thing is a bit over my head to be honest :)

@Romulus2K4

You have two options, either right click the audio device in device manager and select update, then browse for driver, let me pick, select your downloaded, and ignore the 'not for your device' warning.
Or, modify the HDX.inf (or similar), and look for the section [AzaliaManufacturerID.NTamd64.10.0...15063], remove all the lines but one, and remove its ending, looking like this (in red):

[AzaliaManufacturerID.NTamd64.10.0...15063]
%Device.ExtensionDesc% = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

Save the file, then disable driver signing to install it (not signed anymore since you modified it).

----

@dhrto

Currently the AAF driver does not work properly for multichannel PCM to DDL-DTS, as previously mentioned it merges rear with front and doesn't output rear (pretty much like headphone mode).
You can install my AAF DTS mod here, or wait for Alan to add it to his pack. It pretty much fixes everything, it even has functioning Neo : PC (stereo to 5.1-7.1, expand).

Personally I prefer stereo surround, as expand always sounds terrible on the rear, that's with all apps, even my speakers expand sounds terrible.
Creative X-Fi stereo expand also sounds terrible, its the way expand works, Creative does have stereo surround as well.

Essentially the mod version has everything but stereo surround options (I'm using E-APO).

Note: The THX app does have stereo surround option.

Last edited:
@Ferather But somehow the multichannel PCM to DDL-DTS does work for me, as long as I untick the enable audio enhancement option. It works in all the games I tested so far. But I will keep an eye out for updates from Alan.

As for stereo surround. I'd much rather let my receiver do this. For this to work, when a stereo signal is played, the DDL or DTS should only encode a stereo signal, so the receiver gets an encoded stereo signal instead of 5.1 (as is the case right now). This would be the icing on the cake.

Must be a bug, "enable audio enhancement" did not show for me with driver only, no apps. Very interesting find, here is the drivers only, with no rear.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/1-png.185041/

----

My receiver will upmix stereo as 5.1 expand or 4.1 surround, but in order to do so, it has to be stereo PCM (not encoded), is that what you mean?

Last edited:
No it doesn't have to be in PCM, a stereo DD or DTS encoded signal can also be expanded. My receiver has several options for that (including the option to just leave the signal as is = no expansion, which I usually prefer for music). I'm running an older Yamaha receiver (15+ years old).

EDIT
Of course in this scenario I can just switch back to PCM, since encoding to DD of DTS lowers the quality (lossy compression), but it would be a handy feature for the lazy because it saves me the step of manually adjusting the sound output on the PC :laugh:

Last edited: