• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS-222
Processor Intel i9-10980HK
Motherboard Laptop
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) nVidia RTX-2080 Super
Storage 3TB NVME SSD
Display(s) 17.3" FHD (1920x1080), 300Hz, 3ms, IPS-Level
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220
Software Windows 10 Pro
Unfortunately, it sounds like the S/PDIF 5.1 issue still exists in 9045.

We all understand & appreciate the effort that Alan has put forth providing improved drivers.

I really wish he would weigh in on this nagging issue and briefly explain the root problem.

Meanwhile, I'm sticking with 8996 as it is the only one that provides a workable S/PDIF 5.1 solution for me.

Alan, thanks again for your tremendous effort.

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Unfortunately, it sounds like the S/PDIF 5.1 issue still exists in 9045.

We all understand & appreciate the effort that Alan has put forth providing improved drivers.

I really wish he would weigh in on this nagging issue and briefly explain the root problem.

Meanwhile, I'm sticking with 8996 as it is the only one that provides a workable S/PDIF 5.1 solution for me.

Alan, thanks again for your tremendous effort.

Curious: I got full Surround-Sound (7.1) on my harman/kardon AVR347, optically driven by my ALC1220 @ AAF-6.0.9045.1

1.png
5.png

In the third figure, are the drivers installed correctly?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 3,629
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 153
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 178
Hi again :(, again sound problems for updated windows to October 2020 version. I Explain:

- I have 6.0.1.8004 driver with (is more important for me) this feature:

View attachment 173842

But now dont work for the crappy microsoft update. I Tried to reinstall and problem persist. I have Asus z370 E-gaming motherboard

Any new driver with that important feature sould work whith the lastest windows 10 update?. Thanks and sorry my poor english language.

P.D - Need that feature in SPDIF output. With windows 10 2004 (april update) worked fine, October update broken all :(

P.D - Resume: - Need that feature or another (I need to listen virtual 5.1 sound in 2.0 sources like mp3/flac music) in my home cinema sony dav-dz830w,
connected by spdif from motherboard. Need to (obvious) Digital live 5.1 and DTS, no need more.

Thanks again!

Help pls :(. @Alan Finote

TechJeff

Question: Am i able to increase the rear boxes general volume with AAF Realtek Audio Device Tweak ?

Hello Alan @Alan Finote The question is: - ALC890 chip. The driver costs AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9045.1 Asus Rampage III motherboard (7.1 support). A Microlab 2.1 (jack 3.5) is connected to the rear green input - everything works great. When checking sound in realtek dispatcher, only 2 speakers play. The problem is
when headphones are connected to the front connector of the system unit, the sound palette becomes wider. When checking realtek, 7 speakers are already playing. But at the same time (apparently the headphone jack is poorly shielded or there is interference from usb) - there are light extraneous noises (crackles, squeaks), they are barely audible, but after a while they begin to annoy. Question -
Can I change the front panel headphone input to the green speaker input via Realtek Audio Device Tweak? So that the rear input is defined exactly as headphones in dolby atmos and sonic III. What should be done? Tried it through the registry along the way as in the screenshot and in Pin14 - changed to 02 - does not help (after reboot, the value is not reset -
changed again to 04). Pin19 is a microphone. Pin1b - as I understand it, headphones.
I play, for example, in Hell Let Loose - when connected from the back - the background seems to be absent. When connected via the headphone jack - the background is present!
I would be very grateful for your answer !!!
P. s. who has stationary computers-check yourself - you will have exactly the same-the correct sound (jack 3.5) only through connecting to headphones. Alan has a laptop, so he can't check it.

❗
The question is closed!
Understood! The speakers in the Realtek manager are all working. It turned out that I emulated my own / blocked Cinema 5. With this setting as in the screenshot, it does not block. Audio output redirection was not useful.
I also found Alan's answer to about the same question. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/realtek-speaker-headphone-recognition.266504/
It didn’t help - but gave me an idea. Maybe someone will come in handy - switching audio outputs works when the rtkhdaud file is by default (or reset - where VID, DID, SID is 0) But after that you can add an equalizer to HDA. If you add a skin, then the reassigned audio output will fly off.
Anyway, respect to ALAN !!!!
P.S. -
Even if I knew the Realtek Audio Device Tweak table - what is responsible for what - it would be great!

Attachments

• Alan.jpg
    Alan.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

adaaje

Look at this speaker configuration, there's an option for side pair.
I have tried to change the connector detection to the side speaker, but no sound comes out.
I think it's supposed to be for rear speaker.

RLTK6ch_9045.1.png

and this is from the older one
RLTK6ch_8984.1.png

RLTK6ch_8960.1.png

Unheilig

hi guys! intel corporation released a critical update "Intel management engine (me) firmware 11.8.81.3781"

fix: Security update Addresses security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-8705, CVE-2020-8750, CVE-2020-8747, CVE-2020-8753, CVE-2020-8754, CVE-2020-8746, CVE-2020-8760, CVE-2020-8756, CVE-2020-8745, CVE-2020-8744, CVE -2020-8757, CVE-2020-8761, CVE-2020-8755, CVE-2020-8751, CVE-2020-8752,CVE-2020-8749, CVE-2020-12297, CVE-2020-12303, CVE-2020-12304, CVE-2020-12354, CVE-2020-12355, CVE-2020-12356

After installing this update, the modified audio drivers stopped working normally.

Last edited:

WizzardHat

Hello everyone! This seems like amazing work! But do all features only work on higher end codecs like ALC1200/1220? Or all work even on cheap motherboard with ALC887?

Also do i need to select install only one of the drivers? I am guessing that installing all of them will make matters worse. Thanks!:)

Can't get it to work, it installs the driver and I have audio, but all enhancements are missing the various bundled guis[thx, atmos] work but don't change the sound etc...
Things like dts are greyed out...
The Realtek Audio Device Tweak shows only 0s and blanks...
Flashes that there's no realtek .dat but there is.
and I tried uninstalling realtek's driver with ddu etc and reinstalling this several times no success
Asus z170a

hi, i have a problem or error, dolby access and dts sound unbound are not activated i install them but it ask me to purchase the app thanks for help
dolby.png
dts.png

and my driver stay realtek R audio not change to AAF optimus
audio.png

Last edited:

wajubalo

Hi there,

@Alan Finote

A few issues:

In sound properties, only Dolby Digital 5.1 is available. Moreover, using plex my sound cuts out after a little while, often after I scrub a few seconds. A restart of the app is required to fix it. This doesn't occur on the base drivers.

My mobo is a ASUS 570 Plus, I just installed AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8960.1, but Plex seemed to have sound cut out after pausing or fast forwarding sometimes.

Thanks,

Waj

Last edited:
System Name Lenovo ideapad 330
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard LENOVO
Cooling LENOVO
Memory 4Gb BUilt in RAM
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics
Storage ST1000LM035-1RK172 500 GB HDD
@Alan Finote from the old archive none of the mods works for me. Everyone has an issue. Mine is the latest one of the windows(20H2).6.0.9003.1 was working well before, but now that too not works for me.

hi, i have a problem or error, dolby access and dts sound unbound are not activated i install them but it ask me to purchase the app thanks for helpView attachment 175015View attachment 175016

and my driver stay realtek R audio not change to AAF optimus
View attachment 175018
You are skipping a few steps and need to read up a little so you can manage your audioRealtek HD has lots of important setting too depending on the quality of sound you are after. The two screenshots of DTS and Dolby are the Microsoft store 'app' versions and unrelated to AAF. You have to pay for those versions. You need to go into sound setting control panel and select your choice and dial in the settings for how you play back and the type of output you prefer.

JD8091994

Hello, I installed your latest driver package about a week ago, I finally managed to get it installed after following the guide with a few issues along the way. However, I am having issues with one program in particular which is Red dead redemption 2 for PC, when I try to launch the game with driver package installed I get an error code related to the audio driver which is: error code: 7002.1. I have researched the error code, and gone through various steps to the isolate the issue including disabling all non Microsoft programs on startup, closing all background programs, disabling anti-virus and running as administrator, unfortunately nothing has worked...

I've had to uninstall the driver package for now due to this issue, and I'm wondering if you had any recommendations of how I could make it work with this program or any workarounds, thanks.

Hello, I installed your latest driver package about a week ago, I finally managed to get it installed after following the guide with a few issues along the way. However, I am having issues with one program in particular which is Red dead redemption 2 for PC, when I try to launch the game with driver package installed I get an error code related to the audio driver which is: error code: 7002.1. I have researched the error code, and gone through various steps to the isolate the issue including disabling all non Microsoft programs on startup, closing all background programs, disabling anti-virus and running as administrator, unfortunately nothing has worked...

I've had to uninstall the driver package for now due to this issue, and I'm wondering if you had any recommendations of how I could make it work with this program or any workarounds, thanks.
Hello! I specifically checked it myself - RDR2 - everything works. You probably got a "crooked" driver Alan. Reinstall.
I am doing the following:
The uninstall / install looks like this:
❗

1. Net is disabled. Revo unistaler - remove the standard Realtek driver .... in short, everything related to sound (create a restore point just for everyone) Revo will also create it
we clean everything, delete it, WITHOUT RESTARTING, everything with sound ...
2.driver store explorer (as administrator) - delete realtek, dolby, dts, Alan Finnoti (if any) - forcibly check the box on the right in the corner.
3. Grind CCleaner (Registry) - 2-3 times until completely delete - do not save - not found.
4.Reboot (preferably without the signature of the drivers - F7 - just for everyone)
5. Windows will install a compatible device with HDA (There are sound improvements in the properties here).
6. Program Data - delete folders (if any) A-Volute, Dts, Dolby. CCleaner - registry - do not save - delete (2-3 times). (I check, in the regedit registry, look at the software - so that there are no dts
, Dolby, realtek - if there is someone who does not need it difficult, skip.
7. Installing AAF (the choice is yours) Uad - simplified - you don't need to do anything - set yourself up for yourself .. Hda- while I see more variations ..)))
8. Turn on Net.
Good luck!:toast:

JD8091994

Hello! I specifically checked it myself - RDR2 - everything works. You probably got a "crooked" driver Alan. Reinstall.
I am doing the following:
The uninstall / install looks like this:
❗

1. Net is disabled. Revo unistaler - remove the standard Realtek driver .... in short, everything related to sound (create a restore point just for everyone) Revo will also create it
we clean everything, delete it, WITHOUT RESTARTING, everything with sound ...
2.driver store explorer (as administrator) - delete realtek, dolby, dts, Alan Finnoti (if any) - forcibly check the box on the right in the corner.
3. Grind CCleaner (Registry) - 2-3 times until completely delete - do not save - not found.
4.Reboot (preferably without the signature of the drivers - F7 - just for everyone)
5. Windows will install a compatible device with HDA (There are sound improvements in the properties here).
6. Program Data - delete folders (if any) A-Volute, Dts, Dolby. CCleaner - registry - do not save - delete (2-3 times). (I check, in the regedit registry, look at the software - so that there are no dts
, Dolby, realtek - if there is someone who does not need it difficult, skip.
7. Installing AAF (the choice is yours) Uad - simplified - you don't need to do anything - set yourself up for yourself .. Hda- while I see more variations ..)))
8. Turn on Net.
Good luck!:toast:

Okay I've gone through the instructions and done a reinstall, and I'm having the same issue. Strangely if I reinstall the game, it will work the first time everytime after a reinstall, however on further attempts it won't unless a reinstall is made.

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Okay I've gone through the instructions and done a reinstall, and I'm having the same issue. Strangely if I reinstall the game, it will work the first time everytime after a reinstall, however on further attempts it won't unless a reinstall is made.
The problem is somewhere on your side - everything works for me!

tayyar86

@ Alan Finote

Hello Alan,

I have got a question for you.

I have a powerful 4+1 creative speakers (left+right+backleft+backright+LFE) and a 2+1 (left+right+weakLFE-unfortunately I have to hook this into the center/LFE output) no name weak speaker setups. I am using them in 5.1 without channeling LFE to the weak setup like this:

In realtek control panel I disable the center channel, then I swap center and bass channels then I enable bass management. This way, when the center channel is disabled and it's swapped with LFE, LFE becomes disabled and I can push the center sound to the weak 2+1 setup. And since LFE is disabled (with swapping method), bass is redirected to all the speakers and when I enable bass management, it's taken from all the speakers and redirected to the real LFE on the powerful creative setup. It's working perfect, however I wanted it to work.

In movies I have no problems, even with DTS music everything works as it should. However, since one of the channels is disabled games see the setup as 4.0 or 5.0 (if they support that format like Outer Worlds) and not 5.1.

Is it possible to use that HDA driver test utility or something similar like additional cabling to keep the real 5.1 option selected in the control panel but somehow swap the channels so the LFE doesn't go through the center/LFE channel to the weak setup but go through the 4.1 creative's front output so the center/LFE won't take over it?

In short, center output's center channel should go to the weak 2+1 setup but its LFE should be redirected to the 4+1.

Can you guys help?

Edit: Also how can I switch side speakers to rears? I checked the tuning app but it's too complicated.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2