• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek HD driver - tying front and rear jacks

BertieB

I've got an issue with HP OMEN Obelisk, which I'm using the HP installer of the Realtek drivers which I've updated to the latest version from the HP website. 6.0.8794.1 Rev.D is the version I've got installed. It's got a front analog headset port and mic port, and the usual rear analog speaker port.

On my old Dell XPS 8500 (Realtek HD also) I used to be able to have both the rear and front outputs tied using the Dell/Realtek control panel, this meant that I'd use headset and speaker output the same stream simultaneously.

I've disabled the multistreaming in the HP control panel, but it appears that plugging in the front port mutes the rear. There appears to be no way of disabling that in the HP control panel. I'm playing around with Realtek HDA Driver Test Utility - but I'm not getting very far.

I'd really welcome your thoughts - I know you must get hundreds of these - and I have had a search - I can find a thread on how to stop this behaviour but not start it!

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.7 KB · Views: 306

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
I've got an issue with HP OMEN Obelisk, which I'm using the HP installer of the Realtek drivers which I've updated to the latest version from the HP website. 6.0.8794.1 Rev.D is the version I've got installed. It's got a front analog headset port and mic port, and the usual rear analog speaker port.

On my old Dell XPS 8500 (Realtek HD also) I used to be able to have both the rear and front outputs tied using the Dell/Realtek control panel, this meant that I'd use headset and speaker output the same stream simultaneously.

I've disabled the multistreaming in the HP control panel, but it appears that plugging in the front port mutes the rear. There appears to be no way of disabling that in the HP control panel. I'm playing around with Realtek HDA Driver Test Utility - but I'm not getting very far.

I'd really welcome your thoughts - I know you must get hundreds of these - and I have had a search - I can find a thread on how to stop this behaviour but not start it!

Cheers

Rob
Try to uncheck the "DrvCtrl > FrontOutInMuteRearOut", "DrvCtrl31 > FrontHPOutInMuteRearOut" and "DrvCtrl39 > RearOutInMuteFrontOut" policies, as in the images below. (Only elements highlighted in blue)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

BertieB

Thanks so much for looking at this for me. I've tried it and it's not working. I should have mentioned that the front port is a headset port, I'm not sure if that makes any difference?

Again thanks for looking at this, don't waste lots of time on it, HP appears to have done weird things to the sound on this system.

Cheers

Rob