• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
good deal give him a thumbs up .. when you shut down or unplug the jack will it stay or will you have to go back and do it everytime

''I might be wrong but I suspect that even though you have installed the drivers, Windows is still using it's own driver''

I guess I overlooked that malware service called win- 10 I did see a lot of posts on it with this as well . win-10 tends to do as it wants not as you need

maybe Microsoft will not override your settings and driver used everytime you use it , thats 10 for ya.

Last edited:

Dean89

good deal give him a thumbs up .. when you shut down or unplug the jack will it stay or will you have to go back and do it everytime

''I might be wrong but I suspect that even though you have installed the drivers, Windows is still using it's own driver''

I guess I overlooked that malware service called win- 10 I did see a lot of posts on it with this as well . win-10 tends to do as it wants not as you need

maybe Microsoft will not override your settings and driver used everytime you use it , thats 10 for ya.

All checked if I restart then plug them in it’s all good!!!!!!! If I don’t plug them in then the laptop speakers/intergrated mic works, happy f**king days!!!

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
ya some brands like gigabyte us e there own realtek sound that's not the real realtek so to say [its a realtek sound they programed or did the software for ] I had a giga board and learned this and funny thing it was over the mic not working plug and play kinda as your getting - it will work but you have to go in a set it up [ I cant remember all that was involved ] once you do it should work from then on unless you change it back to default

I had screen shots showing that how the say gigabyte realtek was not the realtek . i'll try to post that if I did it up to show the difference

one off the top of my mind is when you open the manager at the bottom the real realtek will show realtek the motherboard branded realtek will have the motherboards brand name where realtek would be normally

like seen from this

as you see one is the gigiabyte realtek sound the other is a true all realtek sound by realtek

all depends on how asus set there's up or how giga or who ever set there's up to work with there own way of doing things of features added over realtek's

my buddy and I seemd to spent a hr. jacking around to get the mic to work on that old giga board ..lol..

here's what the modern version of the Realtek HD Audio Manager looked liked like with a modern Gigabyte non-gaming budget board that I got several months ago (with a Gigabyte OEM look) [and using Realtek HDA drivers from late 2015 & newer]: :D

realtek-hda-control-panel-gigabyte-oem.png

ya. thats gigabyte branded . its reltec ,but has ''improvement's '' by giga. realtek should have realtek instead of gigabyte as the logo [opinion] anyway that's what lesson I learned form my gigabyte board with its gigabyte branded realtek audo.. my latest boards all have realtek brand logo's now not a motherboards manufactures brand /logo.. not giga not asus not MSI just all realtek..

maybe wrong but that's what I seen back then with my gigabyte aand then my ''last'' asus as well

like from thjis review of a x299 board its real tek not a asrock branded for example

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11823/asrock-x299-taichi-motherboard-review-skylake-x/3

same with the z370/ all realtek

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12706/asrock-z370-taichi-motherboard-review/3

notice it is the real realtek pop up screen not a fancy looking modified as yours still today on a latest board ?

any way as long as it works foir you that's all that matters in the end

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
yup. and when I switch from using traditional Realtek HDA driver to the newer Realtek UAD driver on my Gigabyte board and then install Realtek audio console from Microsoft store, I get this kind of Realtek UWP control panel (gigabyte style) instead of the regular Realtek Audio Console for UAD driver:

realtek-uad-audio-console-gigabyte-oem.png

btw, original HDA (nonUAD) Realtek driver for my Gigabyte board was 6.0.1.7457 from early 2015, which still produced the modern gigabyte look for the Realtek HD Audio manager app (and using the RtkNGUI64.exe file instead of the RAVCpl64.exe file - I can tell which exe file is loaded at startup by looking in Task Manager and clicking on either Processes or Details tab)

I don't know ? there all realtek chips used but the chips say gigabyte get are reprogramed to promote gigabytes branding and any added on gigabyte features/ hype / burned in permanently' to the chip . the realtek drivers will work but through giga's ''improved'' fancy interface.

weather good or bad I just now avoid non realtek interfaced branded boards [that's getting hard to do ] then with using that malware service called win-10 no telling what else is going on under your nose

''then install Realtek audio console from Microsoft store'' ???what ,really ?

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
well I get this "normal" Realtek audio console app from the MS store after removing the Realtek HDA drivers and installing the Realtek UAD drivers from a friend's ASUS M5A78L-M LE/USB3 board using Realtek ALC887 audio chipset (no ASUS branding on the Realtek audio console UWP app, unlike with the traditional Realtek HDA drivers which produced an ASUS brand Realtek HD Audio manager app) - running Win10 Pro RS4 (v1803)

realtekaudioconsole-advancedsettings.png

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Well I'm a little late to the party with my suggestions but your last screen shot is exactly where I was going. It has Jack reassignment which is where you are just assign your mic to the appropriate jack.

UAD or HDA, either option would have worked. Since the OP had already installed HDA drivers, I just wanted to keep him going down that path rather than changing to UAD drivers because he was getting to the point where he thought his laptop was faulty. Anyway, he's happy :)

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
actually Candor, the OP (Dean89) is using an ASUS FX504GM laptop, which came pre-installed with UAD drivers (the ASUS support site lists the 8396 UAD driver which is 21Mb in size for that model; the ASUS FX504GD & FX504GE models have the 8443 HDA driver listed which is 178Mb in size). though his old HP laptop used the traditional HDA driver.

if OP's ASUS laptop can handle either HDA or UAD driver, so be it. I use UAD drivers on newer PCs or motherboards that run Win10 v1803 and HDA drivers on older machines that run older versions of Windows.

actually Candor, the OP (Dean89) is using an ASUS FX504GM laptop, which came pre-installed with UAD drivers (the ASUS support site lists the 8396 UAD driver which is 21Mb in size for that model; the ASUS FX504GD & FX504GE models have the 8443 HDA driver listed which is 178Mb in size). though his old HP laptop used the traditional HDA driver.

if OP's ASUS laptop can handle either HDA or UAD driver, so be it. I use UAD drivers on newer PCs or motherboards that run Win10 v1803 and HDA drivers on older machines that run older versions of Windows.

Yes I'm aware of that, but he had already uninstalled the UAD audio drivers and installed the HDA drivers. As I said, I just wanted to keep him going down that path rather than confusing the matter more.

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
here's a mordernized Realtek HD Audio Manager app with a Hewlett-Packard [HP] logo on it used on some HP computers (including mine when I modded an INF file and installed the Realtek HDA driver using the modded INF file) - this one normally gets installed on HP computers made in 2014 and later

realtek-hda-controlpanel-hewlettpackardlogo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.