• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

realtemp is showing the max multiplier even when i have the power save turned on..

trader1up

when i run realtempgt it's displaying the correct core speed moving up and down..the one difference i can see in the programs is that realtempgt displays the processor as "intel 6700" while realtemp shows "6700"...i read a post from unclewebb where he said he was definitely going to update the program after he enjoyed the summer,can't be mad at that, but i'm just posting to see if this is something anyone's encountered ....wondering if it's something i can change using powershell or something..

thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
It will make any difference however realtemp GT is for hex core processors...(GT stood for Gulftown IIRC).

Did you confirm you clockspeeds with another program like CPUz? I have power savings disabled so, I wouldn't be much help.

trader1up

It will make any difference however realtemp GT is for hex core processors...(GT stood for Gulftown IIRC).

Did you confirm you clockspeeds with another program like CPUz? I have power savings disabled so, I wouldn't be much help.
yeah, it's locked @ 4009 mhz but on realtempgt it goes up and down as it should, since i have the computer on power saving mode...i've confirmed it on core temp ,cpuz and hwmonitor

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Neither version correctly supports the Skylake CPUs. The temperatures should be accurate if that is what you are mostly interested in.

trader1up

Neither version correctly supports the Skylake CPUs. The temperatures should be accurate if that is what you are mostly interested in.
yeah ,the temps look good....this is my only skylake processor so i can wait for this to be addressed at a later time...thanks