• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recommendations on Low Cost, Bluetooth Headphones

Hey.

I've just thrown away my Asus headphones i had since 2014, can't remember which ones they were but they fell apart, lol. And even the mic stopped working. Never really used them much more than 2-3 times a week :/

I am basically shopping now for a set of Low Cost (but not cheapy) Blue tooth headphones that also have the ability plug into a 3.5mm audio jack. Basically I need something that can be used for taking outside and using Bluetooth with my Phone (I don't want wires) for listening to Music, and then plugged in for gaming and calls on my PC.

I have absolutely no idea which brands are good, lol. I am not an audiophile so they don't have to be amazing quality but still something good. I actually have a pair of Pioneer HDJ-1500s but i find them very uncomfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time... kinda regret buying them even though they sound great.

Budget is pretty much limited to around £30. though £50 absolute max.

Thanks for any advice you can give me :)

Ash.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Bought Acme BH203 as a preset for my aunt. They were less than $20.
The battery life is acceptable (claimed 11hours; mine work a lot longer than that), but the sound quality is beyond good (almost wanted to take the present back or trade it for some fancy frying pans).
http://www.acme.eu/en-us/products/headphones/acme-bh203-wireless-ear-headphones
I know they look like cheap shit, but believe me - the quality is just excellent.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Hey.

I've just thrown away my Asus headphones i had since 2014, can't remember which ones they were but they fell apart, lol. And even the mic stopped working. Never really used them much more than 2-3 times a week :/

I am basically shopping now for a set of Low Cost (but not cheapy) Blue tooth headphones that also have the ability plug into a 3.5mm audio jack. Basically I need something that can be used for taking outside and using Bluetooth with my Phone (I don't want wires) for listening to Music, and then plugged in for gaming and calls on my PC.

I have absolutely no idea which brands are good, lol. I am not an audiophile so they don't have to be amazing quality but still something good. I actually have a pair of Pioneer HDJ-1500s but i find them very uncomfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time... kinda regret buying them even though they sound great.

Budget is pretty much limited to around £30. though £50 absolute max.

Thanks for any advice you can give me :)

Ash.

I'll give you the 8323 Bluetooth variant (which I can promise you will sound better than any other bluetooth headphone under $100, and IMO, sounds better than $400 Sony MDR1000x bluetooth cans). Free, if you pay shipping and customs. I PM'd ya. I bought pairs for my friends and family, they were all blown away.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24735