• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Remote Sensor Monitor / GPU-Z Shared Memory Update Frequency

Ganesh_AT

I am making using of GPU-Z's shared memory feature in a freeware application that I developed last week:

http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Introducing-Remote-Sensor-Monitor-A-RESTful-Web-Server

In the introductory post, I talk about a client script to record values to a CSV file over the network. It polls for the values via HTTP every second. Even though the call completes within 20 - 100ms, I see that the values from the sensors are repeated 2 (or sometimes 3 times). For HWiNFO, setting the scan interval to a little bit less than 1000 ms helps. However, GPU-Z doesn't seem to have any such feature (or, I am not aware of it). Would it be possible for GPU-Z to have a configurable scan interval?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
The refresh rate for sensors is 1 second, the shared memory gets updated every 2.5 seconds. Will be fixed in next release

Ganesh_AT

The refresh rate for sensors is 1 second, the shared memory gets updated every 2.5 seconds. Will be fixed in next release

Awesome! That explains the issue I had with my client script (just posted in the shared memory thread).

I would still like to request a configurable scan interval. Thanks once again for the awesome tool!

Best Regards
Ganesh

Ganesh_AT

Thanks for v0.7.5 ; GPU-Z shared memory polling every 1s over the network works absolutely fine now!