• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Revo Uninstaller incompatibility

Hey, thank you for your work, the utility is really cool!

Please help me to fix this issue. I usually install drivers via Revo Uninstaller so that when I need to uninstall them - there will be no (hopefully) traces left. And usually I used NVCleanstall with the following options:

- picked graphics driver (required) and usb-c (for an unknown reason there's a device for it in the list of devices, although my 1660ti has no visible usb-c ports);
- checked disable telemetry and clean installation

And then, when I tried to install it via Revo Uninstaller, it would install just fine.

Today I updated NVCleanstall from 1.6 to 1.7 and downloaded the latest driver which is 451.67, I did everything like usual but added 2 expert tweaks - disable driver telemetry and enable MSI, and it failed to install via Revo Uninstaller, it said "Error: NVCleanstall settings file not found". When I then tried to run setup.exe directly (not via Revo) - it seemed like everything got installed like usual.

So my question is - how to fix that so that I install it through Revo Uninstaller?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Core i7-8700K
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 3080
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Hmm good question, this might be a Revo Uninstaller issue.

When you select "Disable driver telemetry" it rebuilds the digital signature on the installer files, and signs them with a certificate it creates

revoaller

Hey, thank you for your work, the utility is really cool!

Please help me to fix this issue. I usually install drivers via Revo Uninstaller so that when I need to uninstall them - there will be no (hopefully) traces left. And usually I used NVCleanstall with the following options:

- picked graphics driver (required) and usb-c (for an unknown reason there's a device for it in the list of devices, although my 1660ti has no visible usb-c ports);
- checked disable telemetry and clean installation

And then, when I tried to install it via Revo Uninstaller, it would install just fine.

Today I updated NVCleanstall from 1.6 to 1.7 and downloaded the latest driver which is 451.67, I did everything like usual but added 2 expert tweaks - disable driver telemetry and enable MSI, and it failed to install via Revo Uninstaller, it said "Error: NVCleanstall settings file not found". When I then tried to run setup.exe directly (not via Revo) - it seemed like everything got installed like usual.

So my question is - how to fix that so that I install it through Revo Uninstaller?
Hy

System Name Soon to be replaced
Processor AMD FX-8300 Eight-Core
Motherboard ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura
Cooling CoolerMaster Nepton 240M AIO
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR3 PC3-12800
Video Card(s) EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Storage C: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB, D:Seagate 1TB, E:Seagate 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" widescreen (1920x1080@100Hz)
Case CoolerMaster CM590 Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Generic speakers
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620 Fully Modular
Mouse Logitech M185 wireless
Keyboard Logitech MK270 wireless
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Core i7-8700K
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 3080
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
NVCleanstall settings file not found
With certain tweaks the original NVIDIA setup.exe gets renamed to setup.nvc and NVCleanstall puts its own setup.exe there, so it can control the setup process. This error message is when "NVCleanstall.ini" cannot be found.

Does that file exist next to setup.exe ?