• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rosewill Line-M

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Rosewill Line-M may not look like much, but it comes with a long list of features that make it not only interesting to office users but also budget-minded gamers. Will its inner values be enough to stand out from among the plethora of mATX chassis on the market? Only a closer look will tell!

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure it a little extra in price for a Rosewill, while right today Egg has a 15% off w/promo code HASRW15, although $6 shipping... so $52.75. Knowing it's a relatively new Sku at Egg, it should be a nice $35-45 case soon enough, and then it’s the perfect balance. By the Eggviews 93% 4-5 Stars, and not any 1-Stars it seem to do what folk like.

Love that fact they didn't go bottom mount PSU just because that's the "in thing"; less dust/maintenance and noise, do yourself the favor... for the PSU go modular. You don"t mention a tower cooler height it can accept? At 7.26" overall while no room behind the mobo tray, the standard 1-inch rule is respected, so about 6.26 inches [159.7mm] meaning the choice of tower coolers can be limited. Although, one Eggview said he got a C-M Hyper 212 Evo on a FM2 mobo to fit, so I could be off a little. I take it there's no filter on the front fan, while are the clips that hold the bezel stout enough for recurrent use? My biggest gripe why they tethered the front O/I to the bezel. On their Blackbone the bezel comes and those connectors are on the chassis, they shouldve have done it in this case! The two 120mm side fans seem a little over-kill for what most of these case would end up equipped with, one would've sufficed. Face it more often than not they’ll go unused and just let noise-out, dust-in while upsetting the normal front rear air flow.

On that blue fan probably like the Blackbone there's a wire on them you can snip to kill the LED's (at your own risk). That would be a smart option to have a loop with a little sticker says "cut here" to make into non-LED, but then you just must make sure power side is protected from grounding. Come to think about it might be a little perilous for some.

Line-M

I too have a Line-M, used it for a budget gaming build with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 and Powercolor 2GB HD 7850.

I really like the case looks and compact size. For cooling, I used a Zalman AIO cooler, with the rear fan sucking air through the radiator, expelling it out the back. That works very well, and keeps my Phenom II OC'd to 4.0Ghz very cool, and the front to back airflow keeps the HD7850 (also overclocked to 1050Mhz) cool as well with a few tweaks required to the GPU fan profile.

The case provides easy access, and I've swapped out parts with relative ease.

The initial build cable routing was a challenge though, actually more of a challenge than my Silverstone SG08. Highly recommend a modular PSU.

I also thought the stock fans were loud (I have a quiet office, and this is a secondary PC), so I replaced with Noctua fans.

Finally, dust prevention is not so great, so I'll be adding some filters.

Overall though, once the initial build was done, I'm very happy with this case, especially for the money.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
Is there space behind the motherboard tray for a 3.5inch hdd?