• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rtx 2080 Super and GOP issue on Msi MB

Hello guys,

Since i have an brand new asus rtx 2080 super rog stric OC gpu in this MSI Z490 Tomahawk MB installed, using the latest publicly available bios, pc refuses to boot up normally; There is no GOP supported in this card etc as shown in the attached picture, is the problem i am facing.
Switching to UEFI or CSM does nothing, problem remains until i browse manually in the bios and boot manually from bios using the installed UEFI enabled nvme. After that everything work fine, until the next restart where the same "nightmare" begins; pc boots up and shuts down it self for several times, until i get this GOP error and prompt message to go in bios (should be noted that loading defaults does NOT help also). I have tried different DP and HDMi ports and cables, different pcie slot and monitors. Before have used different gpu cards, without such issue ever.
ASUS and MSI are saying that the problem caused by the other party, so this ping pong game is driving me crazy the last 2-3 weeks (i choose to keep the exchanged emails private, i do not intend to breach confidentiality unless it is needed in the future).
I have also attached a screenshot from nvflash, showing that in gpu vbios UEFI is present.
intel i7 10700, msi z490 tomahawk with bios version: 7C80v12, asus rog stric 2080 super oc, patriot dd4 4400, pny c3030 1tb, psu 750w platinum, acer xz272p monitor
Do you have any suggestions?

TIA

Attachments

• gopwtf.jpg
    gopwtf.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 4,975
  • rog_nvflash.jpg
    rog_nvflash.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 299

DonnaJap

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of the Zephyrus M15 RTX 2070 Super vbios to flash into my GS66 so that I can raise its power limits to 90Watts. Does anyone happen to have this particular model and is willing to dump their vbios and send a screenshot of the GPU-Z info page for me to check for compatibility? I would really appreciate it.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
Hi everyone. I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of the Zephyrus M15 RTX 2070 Super vbios to flash into my GS66 so that I can raise its power limits to 90Watts. Does anyone happen to have this particular model and is willing to dump their vbios and send a screenshot of the GPU-Z info page for me to check for compatibility? I would really appreciate it.

Link>Not sure if yours is in there..........apparently not.
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Nice thread hijack.
Search through this list:

Last edited:
Hello guys,

Since i have an brand new asus rtx 2080 super rog stric OC gpu in this MSI Z490 Tomahawk MB installed, using the latest publicly available bios, pc refuses to boot up normally; There is no GOP supported in this card etc as shown in the attached picture, is the problem i am facing.
Switching to UEFI or CSM does nothing, problem remains until i browse manually in the bios and boot manually from bios using the installed UEFI enabled nvme. After that everything work fine, until the next restart where the same "nightmare" begins; pc boots up and shuts down it self for several times, until i get this GOP error and prompt message to go in bios (should be noted that loading defaults does NOT help also). I have tried different DP and HDMi ports and cables, different pcie slot and monitors. Before have used different gpu cards, without such issue ever.
ASUS and MSI are saying that the problem caused by the other party, so this ping pong game is driving me crazy the last 2-3 weeks (i choose to keep the exchanged emails private, i do not intend to breach confidentiality unless it is needed in the future).
I have also attached a screenshot from nvflash, showing that in gpu vbios UEFI is present.
intel i7 10700, msi z490 tomahawk with bios version: 7C80v12, asus rog stric 2080 super oc, patriot dd4 4400, pny c3030 1tb, psu 750w platinum, acer xz272p monitor
Do you have any suggestions?

TIA
Do you resolve? i have a similar problem with a Zotac Rtx 2060 super on an new Msi mother board..random on reboot i have bios message "no gop on your device"...and change from uefi to csm...i reset in uefi and works but sometimes when i reboot same prob!....vbios official is ok ..but i see many unverified BIOS files...

@Angel777 unfortunately not, both customers' services were pointing out/blaming each other, a weird ping pong game that have kept me busy for hours, impossible to get a solution. If you ask me, I think motherboard bios is the root of this problem. With rtx 30x0 series i do not face any issue so far, using same motherboard. Good luck.