• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rx 580 stops producing picture

ShaDox

Hi I have a problem with my sapphire pulse rx 580 4gb. When I play Fortnite or any other game that is heavy at some point my pc just stops producing picture on my Tv (1080p 60hz) I cant move in the game but I can hear my friends talking and they can hear me back only thing I can do is reset my pc and it gets really annoying and gfx sound like its gonna fly. I tried increasing the power limit meter for 10 I tried adjusting fan speed but it doesnt work. The problem appears when I play Fortnite, Assassins creed Odyssey and CoD Warzone. Its connected with HDMI cable. Now is it because its overheating (it goes up to 78C) or because of cable because the pc was connected to a 75hz monitor with display port and I have latest drivers installed.

System Name myLastOne
Processor Intel Core i7 12700F @ PL1=PL2=150 Watts
Motherboard MSI B660M MAG Mortar
Cooling Deepcool AK400 + CM Sickleflow 120mm (Push|Pull)
Memory 2x 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz 16-18-18-38
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC
Storage TeamGroup MP33 Pro M2 1TB + (1+2)TB Seagate + 2TB WD
Display(s) BenQ EW2775ZH
Case CM Elite 371 USB3 With Arctic F14 (Side+Front) + Arctic Bionix F120 (Back) + CM 120mm (Top)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1200 + Swans D1010-IV
Power Supply MSI MPG A750GF
Mouse Logitech G102 LightSync
Keyboard Logitech G100
VR HMD None
Software Windows 11 PRO
Are you using Radeon Enhanced Sync?

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Make sure to use certified high quality cables to plug your monitors.

If you have a cheap power supply like Corsair VS/RM or unknown brand, consider buying a new one.

Uninstall all display drivers and then perform a cleanup with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from safe mode.

Take the PC outside, open the case, and remove all the dust with air blower or hair dryer with a cold setting.

Remove the graphics card and blow some air in the x16 PCI express slot.

Carefully remove the heatsink from the graphics card and clean the fans with a toothbrush.

Clean the graphic cards with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs. Especially the GPU area and PCIe pins.

When you're done, reapply thermal paste on the GPU, remount the heatsink, plug it back in.

Download and install the latest drivers from AMD's website.

If the graphics card still doesn't work, try to underclock both GPU and VRAM.