• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX 6700xt Bios frustration

kabra532

(This message was compilled by chatgpt because english is not my first language and I want to explain my problem)

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I'm facing with my Sapphire Nitro 6700XT GPU. This card comes with a dual BIOS feature – one for quiet operation and the other for performance. However, I've encountered a peculiar problem with the performance BIOS.

It seems like an unusual version has been flashed onto the performance BIOS, and despite my best efforts, I'm unable to correct it. I've tried multiple versions of the AMDVBFlash tool, but I keep running into errors "SSID mismatch" and "0FL1 error".

I'm attaching screenshots from GPU-Z to provide more details about the current state of the GPU.

I'm quite frustrated as I've exhausted all the solutions I could think of. If anyone has experienced a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to resolve this, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

This is the working BIOS everything looks good here:
1706232660870.png
1706232706159.png

And this is the broken one, I have no idea how anybody flashed this onto that card:
1706232797015.png
1706232822774.png

NastyDjango

seems we are sitting in the same boat. This gave me so much hope but did not work for me.
but worth a try i think.

kabra532

Guys I got it working. If anybody come to this problem here is fix:

I simply created bootable Kali Linux USB you can use any distribution of Linux I think, I’m simply used to work with Kali. And then I simply used amdvbflash on Linux. Here is video I followed

Please make sure you know what are you doing and that you are flashing right vbios for ur gpu. Seems like Linux version of amdvbflash lets you flash literally anything on your gpu.