• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ryzen- Todays best selling CPU

System Name windows 10 pro 64bit
Processor i5 6600k 4.4ghz 1.25v
Motherboard asus maximus viii gene
Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock pro
Memory 2x8(16)GB 2860mhz
Video Card(s) gtx 1070 EVGA
Storage ssd x2 128gb raid0/ ssd480gb
Display(s) AOC 1440p 75hz
Case Aerocool DS Cube
Audio Device(s) asus motherboard intergrated
Power Supply be Quiet pure power L8 600w
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw wireles
Keyboard Logitec G213
Software my favorite World of Tanks :) is that a software?? :)
So sometimes a monopoly might be good for products with tiny sale volume and high production cost - a manufacturer can raise prices making the whole business possible.
WTF man?? why the fukk do you care about intel or amd...,if in all thiese years that intel had monopoly didnt think about their consumers.. why do you have feelings that you have to think about their profit??
Its just stupid...dont you as a consumer want price war??

You don't seem to get it. These people who are now causing Ryzen to be in top positions are buying a CPU with a huge number of question marks.

AMD doesn't have the track record on CPU that you can blindly trust them to deliver a solid, well rounded CPU. So, it makes sense to wait for real world performance.
IF you dont trust dont buy..or preorder..its that simple!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Intel core i9 13900ks sp117 direct die
Motherboard Asus Maximus Apex Z790
Cooling Custom loop 3*360 45mm thick+ 3 x mo-ra3 420 +Dual D5 pump and dual ddc pump
Memory 2x24gb Gskill 8800c38
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090 Strix
Storage 1TB Samsung 860Evo,2*2tb Samsung 970Evo Plus, 1tb Intel 660p nvme
Display(s) Sammsung G7 32”
Case Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Omni 5.1 usb sound card
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Model O-
Keyboard Hyper X Alloy Origin Core
People won't pay Intel price for AMD, so they have to set the price this low to sell. Hope it does good as people expected. Im itching to upgrade my 3770k but I will wait for Intel.

WTF man?? why the fukk do you care about intel or amd...,if in all thiese years that intel had monopoly didnt think about their consumers.. why do you have feelings that you have to think about their profit??

Would you be shocked if I cared about an granny crossing the road or carrying heavy bags?
Maybe I'm simply carrying about thousands of Intel employees and the grannies they support financially? :)

But honestly: what's wrong in carrying about a company that is a leader manufacturer of something as fundamental as CPU in XXI century?

Its just stupid...dont you as a consumer want price war??
No, by all means no!

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I have a hard time understanding whether I'm talking to someone normal or a fanboy. You don't have to defend AMD - we're not attacking it.

Would you be shocked if I cared about an granny crossing the road or carrying heavy bags?
Maybe I'm simply carrying about thousands of Intel employees and the grannies they support financially? :)

But honestly: what's wrong in carrying about a company that is a leader manufacturer of something as fundamental as CPU in XXI century?

No, by all means no!

:roll: Man this is hilarious. After your previous post , lets just say I wont even bother to respond to this it would be ridiculous. It's obvious to everyone what you are here for ,wish they would stop giving you attention.

Last edited:
System Name windows 10 pro 64bit
Processor i5 6600k 4.4ghz 1.25v
Motherboard asus maximus viii gene
Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock pro
Memory 2x8(16)GB 2860mhz
Video Card(s) gtx 1070 EVGA
Storage ssd x2 128gb raid0/ ssd480gb
Display(s) AOC 1440p 75hz
Case Aerocool DS Cube
Audio Device(s) asus motherboard intergrated
Power Supply be Quiet pure power L8 600w
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw wireles
Keyboard Logitec G213
Software my favorite World of Tanks :) is that a software?? :)

No, by all means no!

http://wccftech.com/intel-amd-price-war-ryzen-processors/

People won't pay Intel price for AMD, so they have to set the price this low to sell. Hope it does good as people expected. Im itching to upgrade my 3770k but I will wait for Intel.

Or ... Intel CPUs have been overpriced for so long, people got used to the price - making it normal. And they are now assuming AMD sells Ryzen CPUs much cheaper or they wouldn't sell anything ...

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Fault finding is stupid, those griping about paying intel prices for amd parts,

quit yer bitchin

Read here

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...onse-to-the-ryzen-threat.230998/#post-3608123

in the end everyone is winning

Surprising that the 1700 is the least selling. I'm fairly certain after overclocks it's going to be close to the others for much less money. It's good for AMD though, much better margins and all. They sure need the money so I'm happy for them.

Im really thinking of that chip for old school oc.

:roll: Man this is hilarious. After your previous post , lets just say I wont even bother to respond to this it would be ridiculous. It's obvious to everyone what you are here for ,wish they would stop giving you attention.

As it's not that obvious to me, feel free to show us your evaluation!

Sure, lower prices are great. I'm glad I've postponed my i7-7700. :)
That said, I don't know anything about this store (Microcenter.com). Will these discounts be representative for the whole market? It seems the original prices were not - Amazon (and few other I've checked) is consistently cheaper (e.g. 7700K costs $340 vs $380 at this Microcenter). Furthermore, Microcenter was offering 6700K for $20 more than 7700K. :)

Plus, I think I was misunderstood earlier. There is nothing wrong in "price war" if it simply keeps prices at sensible level (not allowing a monopolist to overprice - like Intel did lately).
The problem starts when the prices become too low. This can happen when companies are accepting a financial loss on a single product, because they expect to regain money on something else (i.e. cross-selling).

Ryzen pricing strategy is of course build around this idea, as it doesn't have an IGP. :) Intel has to charge a bit more for IGP, so direct price comparison with AMD is already somehow unfair.
An average Intel build is still quite a bit cheaper. :)

I guess AMD will give us some very good reasons to keep the PCs AMD-only.
Some say the lack of SLI in chips other than X370 is already a first sign, but that's a marginal effect. We can easily assume people interested in multi-GPU builds will choose top-of-the-line motherboards anyway. :)