• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Saints Row The Third

• Thread starter Deleted member 24505
  • Start date
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
I'm loving this game more and more. But the thing I love the MOST is how the city lives. The detail they put into this game is amazing.

Its starts raining, some people dig out their umbrellas, some people run under roofs, and guys reading the papers on a bank stand up, put their paper over their head and run under a roof.

People on cellphones boringly lean on mailboxes or lamp posts. And have actual conversations.

There are street performers playing guitar (and they play actual melodies). And beggars asking around for money.

Gang protesters holdings signs protesting against your gang. They even group up, sit on the sidewalk and blocking paths.

Random parts of the road get blocked due to construction, with construktion workers and machinery.

If a car accident happens, the police will show up and the accident victims stand beside them.

People recognise you on the streets and react depending on what they think of you.

And an OMGLOL moment: I was walking around when I saw a grandma holding up a sign protesting against my gang. This was the first time I noticed those protestors, so I shot her in the head. Then a guy in a green Gorilla costume walked by, stopped, looked at the corpse, took out his cellphone and snagged a pic of it, then ran away laughing.

I've seen people photographing spectacular road accidents, too.

Some cars blast louder music than others. Some you can't hear, some you can hear very loud when they pass by.

Police setting up random road blocks, because of other criminals.

Those are all small details, but they make the city seem so much more alive.

I'd love to see the cops doing even more such as speeding tickets, raids and a good ol' LAPD beatdown.
The camera phone thing I experienced for a different issue, though when I saw them get their phone out I thought "oh what a true reflection of our times."
Now if only when the police man says "police brutality? I'll show you police brutality," cops start a smack down, then some lady pulls out a phone and as she's trying to jockey with witnesses for the best angle and light exposure, she's simultaneously gesturing with her right hand and shouting repeteadly "why you still hitting him?"

In relation to some of the visuals(both art style and textures used) and the nuances, it made be describe the game as GTA IV meets Mafia II to someone the other day.

Mafia II primarily because of the aforementioned visual aspects - though I don't think the visuals are AS detailed, and you don't get quite the same sense of immersion.
The story is definitely bland compared to Mafia II or GTA IV for that matter, but still it's ok - goes along with it's over the top theme.

The thing(s) that really caught my eye were miscellaneous stuff such as action animations when melee attacking people(say if you sprint/charged them first), or when a full crew of Saints show up and throw down the already massive gun fight that's going or the customization levels(not something I'm big on, but not something I remember similar games having much of).

I didn't know much about the game till it was recommended to me (bad timing, way too much stuff to play already), but it's been worth putting a some hours into. I was pleasantly surprised.

Strong 7 from me.
Would give it an 8 if :

You could enable transparancy AA
Performance when in a vehicle(or moving at high speeds) was improved(maybe a motion blur issue?)
Bit more variety in the suburb, general locales and vehicles.
Vehicles had cockpits; I wouldn't even mind if the clones similar type vehicles to have the same cockpits, just as long as I get the camera view.

Last edited:
System Name Fractality 1.0
Processor Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems and four Fractal Design 120mm fans, sleeved
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce 580 XLR8
Storage 64GB and 180GB SSDs / 1TB and 2TB HDDs
Display(s) 24" Acer V243W
Case Fractal Design Define R2, sleeved all I/O cables
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750W modular, sadly only stock sleeving
Software Win 7 64bit
So finally beat it (I took it slow). I think it should be mandatory for every last epic mission to be blasting "Hero" from Bonnie Tyler. It makes everything instantly epic.

However after finishing it I was stumped with a severe case of "what now". City conquered, level 50, what to do what to do... so I started a new game, this time playing through it with a half naked chick lol. Going for maximum respect right off the bat so I can plow through the missions as Super Girl early on.

Thats actually a let down. GTA San Andreas for example provided me with tons of things to do and tons of fun even when the last mission has long been done. Steelport from Saints row just feels like a restricted playground if you don't have anything particularly to do. After all its just a city. No mountains, no beaches, no country woods, no deserts...

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Yeah, the main disappointment is the lack of activities compared to SR2. There are some but far fewer than SR2. They even got rid of some of the best ones (Fuzz, for example).

insename

This is a great game. I love the gameplay and all that you can do in the game. The only thing I don't like is how short the storyline is... or the fact that most of the plotpoints were ludicrous.

System Name Fractality 1.0
Processor Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems and four Fractal Design 120mm fans, sleeved
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce 580 XLR8
Storage 64GB and 180GB SSDs / 1TB and 2TB HDDs
Display(s) 24" Acer V243W
Case Fractal Design Define R2, sleeved all I/O cables
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750W modular, sadly only stock sleeving
Software Win 7 64bit
Hehe, killing Professor Genki (beat the shit out of him ratehr than shooting him) early in the game (10 missions done) is excellent. 100k at the beginning, how does that sound. I'm at 20 missions now (mind you second playthrough) and my hourly income is close to 34k. My goal for this playthrough is to get to level 50 before STAG arrives. I'm not sure how to tackle this tough...