• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Introduces Super Slim XL2370 LED Monitor

OH FANTASTIC!!!

My current flat panel screen is just SOOO thick it's almost impossible to see the picture.

The other day - my Monitor was so thick (Almost 2 " !! D: !! ) that I couldn't even make my car payments!

And My doctor said if I continued using such a thick monitor I may well go bald & have a stroke!

... and all the panda bears would die...

... and ppl would forget what rainbows where...

This is just SUCH fantastic news that Samsung has been so very hard at work solving the worlds monitor thickness crisis instead of doing ANYTHING IMPORTANT!!!

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Memory 2x4G G-skill Sniper
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 128 Crucial M4, 1 TB Seagate Baracuda
Display(s) Shimian Achieva 27"
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsais HX-620
Software Windows 7
OH FANTASTIC!!!

My current flat panel screen is just SOOO thick it's almost impossible to see the picture.

The other day - my Monitor was so thick (Almost 2 " !! D: !! ) that I couldn't even make my car payments!

And My doctor said if I continued using such a thick monitor I may well go bald & have a stroke!

... and all the panda bears would die...

... and ppl would forget what rainbows where...

This is just SUCH fantastic news that Samsung has been so very hard at work solving the worlds monitor thickness crisis instead of doing ANYTHING IMPORTANT!!!

What is important to you and important to other people varies.

What is important to you and important to other people varies.

Oh I simply MUST agree.

And we all know how important the thickness of a monitor is - Just imagine how much more fantastic this article would have been if your current display was 5mm thinner?

The mind boggles...

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 7
Oh I simply MUST agree.

And we all know how important the thickness of a monitor is - Just imagine how much more fantastic this article would have been if your current display was 5mm thinner?

The mind boggles...

I mean really, what do you think they should've done instead of making it thinner as well as 40% more energy efficient? I'm confused as to why you think that the thickness is all they did as well. People love thin displays, I honestly agree. Granted this will most likely be out of my price range on the size of monitor it is. But where else do you think the technology is going to?

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
How bout making 24" OLED panels at a reasonable price. AMIRITE?

Thats what they could do instead of paying little girls to model a product which has been explained as a stripped up LCD with an LED backlight strip.

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 7
How bout making 24" OLED panels at a reasonable price. AMIRITE?

Thats what they could do instead of paying little girls to model a product which has been explained as a stripped up LCD with an LED backlight strip.

Because OLED won't be cheap for quite a while.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
LED backlit TN panels look great. its a huge step up over old TN panels. i've been trying to tell people this for ages, but theres a certain crowd who just wont touch it unless its IPS.

its just a simple fact, there as good TN films that are far above the average cheap TN film. I'm sure thres crap VA and IPS panel screens out there too.

fanboys are everywhere :(

Yeah, but the crap PVA and IPS panels still look better than the best Tn-film when all are calibrated.

Those of us that hate Tn-film, hate it because, while it may look very good, it still doesn't compare. I mean, take the best looking TN-Film panel you can find, and stick it next to a 32" or better 1080p HDTV to compare, and you'll immediately see the difference.

Now, for average people, I have no problems recommending one of these top of the line Tn panels, as they would likely never notice the difference, or wouldn't care. But the anti-Tn people (like myself) are enthusiasts, and therefore hold image quality to a higher standard.

It's no different than an audiophile saying that Logitech Z-5500's sound like crap. It's not so much that they are terrible speakers, it's just that the audiophile has a more discerning ear, and prefers higher quality speakers.

PCpraiser100

System Name REBEL R1
Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard ASUS P6T
Cooling Stock
Memory 6GB OCZ GOLD TC LV Kit 1866MHz@1.65V 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) Two Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Xfire'd and OC'd (920/1330)
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB 32MB
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 PCI Sound Card
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 500W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 16585 Performance Score on 3DMark Vantage
LED is starting to steal the spotlight because many monitors today use twice as much as the average CPU. I think it will be amazing if companies start taking these things into a cheaper consideration, screw profile really. Therefore, for once in our lives, we can actually get an LED monitor for less than $400 US.

System Name Media PC
Processor Intel Core-i5 4460
Motherboard Asus H97i plus
Cooling Noctua LH-9i with upgraded NF-A9, x2 Noctua NF-F12
Memory 8GB x2 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz kit
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Super clocked GTX970 itx
Storage 1TB western digital black 2.5"
Display(s) Samsung 55" Plasma
Case Fractal Design Node 202
Audio Device(s) Onboard DSP, sound forwarded to Onkyo receiver in 2.1 mode
Power Supply Fractal Design 430w itx PSU
Mouse Logitech Wireless gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech Wireless, Xbox One S controller
Software Windows 10 pro
I think this is a step in the right direction in getting to a full OLED panel. It will be a while before we see them because they aren't cost effective and don't last as long as traditional LED's.

Oh and anyone who knocks on people for choosing IPS or VA probably hasn't ever seen the difference. It's kinda the difference between using an SSD and a fast SATA HDD. Cheap SSDs never seem as fast as you think they are until you move back to a standard drive. Then the difference is really easy to see.