• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire X850 PRO black screen

victoram

Hi, I have just bought the parts of my new system that includes an Intel D925XECV2 motherboard and a Sapphire X850 PRO, I put all the parts togheter, installed Windows XP SP2 and everything was ok. I am using S-video to connect the video card to my TV and everything was fine until I installed the drivers of the video card. After the installation the program asked me to restart my pc and since then every time I turn on the system the following happens: When the system turns on, the bios image appears on the TV and everything is fine, then it comes the windows xp loading screen and just after that my TV goes black and I can't see anything.

I'm completely sure it's a problem with the software because when I login to windows in safe mode; the TV doesn't go black. So I unistalled all the drivers and software of ATI and downloaded the latest version of the drivers and software I installed them and again the same problem.

I have also tryed using the analog video cable but the black screen is still there.

I really don't know what is wrong and I would appreciate any help.

Victor

BlackPearl

Could you attach a vga/dvi monitor and check (and adjust if necessary) the configuration settings for the TV out? From the symptoms you describe, your conclusion that it's a driver issue sounds correct to me.