• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Send your name to the sun

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
NASA wants to fly your name to the sun aboard a groundbreaking probe it is sending into the star's atmosphere.

The agency is inviting people to include their name on a microchip aboard its Parker Solar Probe, which is launching on a historic research mission in July.
The probe will fly closer to the sun than any spacecraft before it to collect vital information about the life of stars and their 'weather', including solar flares.
Nasa has opened submissions to fly your name aboard the craft, and all you need to be included is your name and email address.

1520667099903.png

Applications are open until April 27, 2018, ahead of the craft's planned launch from Cape Canaveral, Florida on July 31.
In a video publicising Nasa's 'hot ticket' project, Star Trek actor William Shatner said: 'The first-ever spacecraft to the sun, Nasa's Parker Solar Probe, will launch this year on a course to orbit through the heat of our star's corona, where temperatures are greater than one million degrees.
'The spacecraft will also carry my name to the sun, and your name, and the names of everyone who wants to join this voyage of extreme exploration.'
To add your name to the Parker Solar Probe (PSP)'s memory card, go to Nasa's 'hot ticket' page and enter your forename, surname and email address.

1520667263647.png

Nasa will send then send you an email to confirm your credentials. Click the link in the message and then select 'confirm my submission'.
The agency even offers you a free digital certificate with your name and the date on that you can print or download.

WHAT IS NASA'S PARKER SOLAR PROBE AND WHEN WILL IT LAUNCH?
Nasa's Parker Solar Probe (PSP) is set to travel seven times closer to the sun than any spacecraft before it.
Set for launch from Cape Canaveral, Florida, in July 2018, the probe will fly to the sun's outer atmosphere to study life of stars and their weather events.
It is hoped that PSP can help scientists to better understand solar flares - brief eruptions of intense high-energy radiation from the sun's surface that can knock out communications on Earth.
The spacecraft will swoop within 4 million miles (6.5 million km) of the sun's surface - bringing it seven times closer to the sun's surface than any spacecraft before it.
The craft will face extremes in heat and radiation and will reach speeds of up to 450,000 miles per hour (725,000 kph) at its closest flyby of the star.
The craft's kit includes a white light imager called Whisper, which will take images of solar waves as the craft propels through them at high speeds.
To measure the 'bulk plasma' of solar winds - described by Nasa as the 'bread and butter' of the flares - a set of magnetic imaging equipment will also be stored on board.

Anyone coming wth me?

sun.PNG

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Sorry :) but my Name is already on the New Horizons Mission
Cert no329944 dated 1 September 2005

Edit
IT looks Great on my CV :)

You guys will be the first to die when "THEY" come to invade Earth.

You gave your name, remember ?

Luckily you will be notified when the invasion is about to begin, because you filled your email too.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I got excited about this mission. I don't care about my name on a burning probe :), but I really like the idea to send this probe to the sun.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
You guys will be the first to die when "THEY" come to invade Earth.

You gave your name, remember ?

Luckily you will be notified when the invasion is about to begin, because you filled your email too.

Not the First to Die :) we will be the Chosen ones
we will be elevated by the masters to be their First Prime's
My first job is to gather all the lawyers and politicians and find a Wall long enough

PS ( Can you hire/rent The Great Wall of China ):)

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Cool. I sent my name to Mars a while back, so having my name burn up at the sun is even better! :laugh:

Nice find, Caps. :)