• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So .. it appears Ting Mobile has been hacked and locked out of their system.

System Name All the Cores ... (VMs)
Processor Ryzen9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (Bios F36c)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory TridentZ neo 4x 16gb 3600Mhz C16 (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC)
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 Ti
Storage 2x Sn750 2TB
Display(s) OPTIX MPG341CQR & LG 32UD60-B
Case CASELABS M8
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA g5 750w
Mouse Corsair m65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10pro/64
Benchmark Scores N/A .. yet updating soon
So, for about 6 days .. I have been tryn to get in contact with some one at ting mobile . Father got A new phone and i switched sim card .. only works on Wifi. Anyhow I have called them every day for 6 days a few times. Every time its says their system is down and sorry .. try back later. (FOR 6 days !!!!) Me and my mother also have ting .. we have no issues, so just assumed it was a fluke. Then I went to their forums (OMG).....

"Thanks for reaching out! We are having some technical issues right now and our phone/chat services are down at this time. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured, our team is working hard to get the issues resolved as soon as possible! We will follow up with you via e-mail as well"

"We are currently having technical issues but our team is working to get the issues resolved as soon as possible.

D R, we are sorry you feel that way! We don't see your name so we can't locate your account, but feel free to contact us through Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and we'll assist with any issues you have! "

Damn thing is .. who is to stay these are even right ppl ..

They are having Major Issues... They are telling ppl to msg them threw Facebook. But seems like this has been going on for over 10 days. They are locked out of their own system. Assuming Ransom ware

System Name Fran
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ROG Strix B550-F GAMING WIFI II
Cooling Hyper 212 Turbo ARGB
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6700 10GB
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Kingston A1000 480GB
Display(s) Lenovo G27q-20 (1440p, 165Hz)
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) MOONDROP Aria SE
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Gold III 850W
Mouse Logitech G302
Keyboard IK75 v3 (QMK version)
While Ransomware is a legitimate option, it is not the only one. Catastrophic failures happen even without malware being involved, and while they're few and far between, it is not uncommon for a single subsystem to fail completely if they failed to have proper backups or follow proper procedure.

Like, for example facebook once pulled itself out of existence for an entire day over a bad BGP broadcast.

Assuming malware isn't really the best course of action for this kind of stuff. You could even say incompetence is arguably worse, though.

Their web site is up and functioning. Their outsourced CS department might be down even if the company itself still operates. To claim that they're "hacked and locked out of their system" is not only without merit in absence of supporting evidence, it's very misleading and does no favors to the reader or author of such a statement.

Last edited:
My phone works fine, and I'm on Ting? I can't say I've had any issues in the last 10 days, including phone calls, texts, and internet.

I'll test things out tonight when I get access to another phone to call myself I guess?

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
o claim that they're "hacked and locked out of their system" is not only without merit in absence of supporting evidence, it's very misleading and does no favors to the reader or author of such a statement.
It's their parent company - DISH network who got hacked. Their website is still down, btw. No word on Ting specifically, but as far as news outlets say, it's a haluvalot of Dish services on the backend.
My phone works fine, and I'm on Ting?
It definitely depends on the region. Breach allegedly started with Boost mobile, also owned by Dish (and very likely shares infrastructure with Ting).

System Name All the Cores ... (VMs)
Processor Ryzen9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (Bios F36c)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory TridentZ neo 4x 16gb 3600Mhz C16 (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC)
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 Ti
Storage 2x Sn750 2TB
Display(s) OPTIX MPG341CQR & LG 32UD60-B
Case CASELABS M8
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA g5 750w
Mouse Corsair m65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10pro/64
Benchmark Scores N/A .. yet updating soon
My phone works fine, and I'm on Ting? I can't say I've had any issues in the last 10 days, including phone calls, texts, and internet.

I'll test things out tonight when I get access to another phone to call myself I guess?
So... did some testing .. Me, Nephew, Dad all on the Tmoblie Network (GSM) threw ting. We all cant get net outside wifi .. can make calls tho most of the time. My nephew lives near San Antonio , we are south of Houston (Far from ea other).

Mom is on Verizon network threw ting .. it dont seem to have issue

It's their parent company - DISH network who got hacked.
Read more about that, seems like an inside job, at least in part. As for Ting Mobile, I have a friend who says he's not having any issues with his service. Maybe it's a specific subset of users being affected?