• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

so whats with evga?

System Name Jewel
Processor Intel i9 9900 3.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-A
Cooling Noctua U12 Chromax
Memory GSKill 2x16 GB modules @ 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS/NVIDIA rtx 4070 12 GB
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB
Display(s) Lenovo 23" 1920x1080p--it refuses to die
Case Fractal Design Meshify C Black/Black glass
Audio Device(s) Built-in w/Creative Gigaworks T 40 series !! speakers
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova G2 Gold 650 watts
Mouse Logitech G300 wired
Keyboard Razer Huntsman mini RGB w/optical switches
Software Windows 10 | Windows 11 Insiders Beta channel | separate drives
Benchmark Scores Passmark: 9732 Unigine Superposition: 9612 InfinityBench: A-
It's eerie, though. I just got another email from EVGA proclaiming of Christmas deals at Newegg on power supplies, mice, capture card and a lone rtx 2060 single fan for 180 USD. I got the feeling back in July (when that rumor surfaced) that even if it wasn't true, there must have been something somewhere to trigger it. Too much secrecy.

Although I like the brand, I'm a little leery of the uncertainty. It turns me off even considering purchase of their remaining products.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
Although I like the brand, I'm a little leery of the uncertainty
I'm in the same boat sadly. I think I'd be wary of a future purchase of anything requiring software/bios support, like a mobo.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Yup to me they are dead. Their stock might as well go for e-waste for all I care.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
That's a special kind of ruthlessness to lay off toy designers right before Christmas.
It is certainly sad, even tragic, especially for those losing their health insurance benefit. But it is not ruthlessness - its business. What's the alternative? Keep everyone on the books then be unable to pay them for the work they already did? Or pay their insurance, pay their suppliers or overhead? Bankruptcy is not a better solution either.

When I worked at Northrop Grumman IT, I somehow managed to survive 4 rounds of layoffs. I can tell you it was gut-wrenching for the managers to pick which folks (even among themselves) had to go. They were all good employees. But they had no choice. Contracts were expiring and enough new contracts we not coming in. No company can survive without revenue at least equaling expenses. So, like I said, its business.

I don't know how they decided who would go at Hasbro, but at NGIT, several, highly paid upper management people were laid off so they could keep many more lessor paid people on the payroll. And at NGIT, everyone let go got a nice (under the circumstances) severance package.

Hopefully, Hasbro was as nice.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
It is certainly sad, even tragic, especially for those losing their health insurance benefit. But it is not ruthlessness - its business. What's the alternative? Keep everyone on the books then be unable to pay them for the work they already did? Or pay their insurance, pay their suppliers or overhead? Bankruptcy is not a better solution either.

Waiting two weeks for the end of the holiday season.

Providing severance pay like most first world countries do (not aware if this was provided or not).

Having social safety nets that work like most 1st world countries do.

Any of the above would be nice, the first one is just a courtesy for the most part as many employees will have a chunk of those days off anyways.

When I worked at Northrop Grumman IT, I somehow managed to survive 4 rounds of layoffs. I can tell you it was gut-wrenching for the managers to pick which folks (even among themselves) had to go. They were all good employees. But they had no choice. Contracts were expiring and enough new contracts we not coming in. No company can survive without revenue at least equaling expenses. So, like I said, its business.

I don't know how they decided who would go at Hasbro, but at NGIT, several, highly paid upper management people were laid off so they could keep many more lessor paid people on the payroll. And at NGIT, everyone let go got a nice (under the circumstances) severance package.

Hopefully, Hasbro was as nice.

Hasbro is not a nice comany. They sent pinkertons to the house of a guy leaking a card image and tried to revise the DnD license in a manner that would have financially obliterated a lot of their partners. Both of these have received significant publicity but particularly the later. As a MTG player, they've been degrading their properties by pushing for profits for awhile now. This is why you see Warhammer, Doctor who, and and LOTR magic the gathering products now, they've essentially fortnite-ified Magic the gathering to prop up their unprofitable businesses elsewhere. They've nearly doubled the release schedule of new sets. They also laid off people a ton of people in the only part of the company that is profitable, Wizards of the Coast. This is why investors are calling for the company to spin off WoTc, a failing toy business should not drag down what is otherwise a very good tabletop, TCG, and interactive games division.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Waiting two weeks for the end of the holiday season.

Providing severance pay like most first world countries do (not aware if this was provided or not).

Having social safety nets that work like most 1st world countries do.

Any of the above would be nice, the first one is just a courtesy for the most part as many employees will have a chunk of those days off anyways.
I'm afraid this is an idealist point of view and no always realistic. Certainly, all that would be nice but one would have to expect a toy company relies heavily on the Christmas season to survive the rest of the year. If holiday sales don't pan out, severance pay and safety nets just might not be possible.

the first one is just a courtesy for the most part as many employees will have a chunk of those days off anyways.
Ummm, no. This is because days off during the holiday are not "free". The employee is either taking paid vacation days, or the company is just eating the time off without getting anything in return (a productive employee) for their money.

The bigger issue, as I see it (and this is across many retail and manufacturing industries) is during COVID, people were buying toys, "home" office supplies, and all sorts of other things while everyone was working from home or doing in-home schooling. Those companies were making HUGE profits. But for some reason, they seemed to expect the pandemic would last forever and those sales would continue forever too. So they forecasted their business to operate at those levels. But when everyone went back to work and school, those sales plummeted - and so did their revenue.

Anyway, we are getting off topic so I'm moving on.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
The Founders Edition stayed at MSRP (and kept getting restocked) for the entire life of Ampere.

On mining farms I didnt see a single FE on any of the released pictures, racks were full of partner cards. Nvidia even tried to cap the mining performance to discourage the practice. Given that less than 5% of manufactured cards were FE, but over 70% of sold UK stock was FE cards, I mean do the maths, where were all these partner cards going?

I think it was very telling the mining gimped card was partner cards only, they never put that new chip on FE cards.

Of course on the current gen Nvidia now make bigger margins, FE costs way more now, this in turn has reduced partner's margins as they now paying much more for the chips, combined with a market that has lower demand.
Let's go back to the announcement of the 40 series. At the time ETH had gone POS and GPU mining went from a quasi reason to justify $1500 for a GPU to just plain insane. Well the marketing power of Nvidia was under pressure when the announced the price for the 40 series cards. Even though AMD cards were also juiced at least the 7900XT was $300 cheaper than a 6800XT during mining. That did not stop Youtube though as the 4090 became the only card to use in a high end build. I know I have spent precious energy debating with people why my GPU is not garbage.

Do you understand that it was a given from both Camps that they needed to have a $200-300 GPU for the masses?

It is Nvidia that threw caution to the wind and worship money over everything else.

Now 4090s are a $2500 where I live and the 7900XTX is about $1400. Some of us are blessed with money to make that a non issue but most of us are just trying to enjoy our hobby and have lives and real costs. Just because Nvidia are trying to gentrify the GPU space does not mean that we should excuse it.

I'm afraid this is an idealist point of view and no always realistic. Certainly, all that would be nice but one would have to expect a toy company relies heavily on the Christmas season to survive the rest of the year. If holiday sales don't pan out, severance pay and safety nets just might not be possible.

Ummm, no. This is because days off during the holiday are not "free". The employee is either taking paid vacation days, or the company is just eating the time off without getting anything in return (a productive employee) for their money.

The bigger issue, as I see it (and this is across many retail and manufacturing industries) is during COVID, people were buying toys, "home" office supplies, and all sorts of other things while everyone was working from home or doing in-home schooling. Those companies were making HUGE profits. But for some reason, they seemed to expect the pandemic would last forever and those sales would continue forever too. So they forecasted their business to operate at those levels. But when everyone went back to work and school, those sales plummeted - and so did their revenue.

Anyway, we are getting off topic so I'm moving on.
This is part of the World the Ronald Reagan created. I remember my Mtachbox cars being run over by Cars on a regular basis but my allowance was enough to make that a non issue.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
This is part of the World the Ronald Reagan created.
Nonsense. Ever heard of the Great Depression? The New Deal?

Never mind. This thread is now off the rails. I'm outta here.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Nonsense. Ever heard of the Great Depression? The New Deal?

Never mind. This thread is now off the rails. I'm outta here.
It is not off the rails I would love to discuss how those things influenced changes in the PC space to led to what has happened to EVGA.

ir_cow

Staff member
EVGA is pretty much dead. There haven't been any bios updates for the new Intel 14th gen on the Z690 and Z790 boards because the engineering team left.

I bought my Z690 classified around the time it was announced that they were exiting their NVIDIA Partnership. It's been a good board so I have no regrets.
Wow. EVGA just pissed off a lot of people. Last update was 3/24/2023 .

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Wow. EVGA just pissed off a lot of people. Last update was 3/24/2023 .
I believe that the engineering team left with K|NGP|N, which leaves no one left to update the bios. The Z690 and Z790 boards are very well built, it is a shame. I think there was a guy on the EVGA forums that was adding the microcode for the newer processors but it didn't seem to have very good ram performance.

System Name The Phantom in the Black Tower
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X570 Pro4 AM4
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism, 5 x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm
Memory 64GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3600 CL18 (4Ă—16GB)
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC 24GB
Storage WDS500G3X0E (OS), WDS100T2B0C, TM8FP6002T0C101 (x2) and ~40TB of total HDD space
Display(s) Haier 55E5500U 55" 2160p60Hz
Case Ultra U12-40670 Super Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply EVGA 1000 G2 Supernova 1kW 80+Gold-Certified
Mouse Logitech MK320
Keyboard Logitech MK320
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Professional
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike Ultra: 19484 Time Spy Extreme: 11006 Port Royal: 16545 SuperPosition 4K Optimised: 23439
They are dead.

They are not producing new products, most of their products have been retired, and they are not providing any software or firmware updates to any of their products; even for product-breaking bugs or for promised feature updates. People are getting refunds instead of updates or selling on the used market and switching vendors.
Don't be so sure. I thought that Sparkle was dead over ten years ago when they stopped producing GeForce cards:
Sparkle GTX 260.jpg

But then, to my utter shock:

Let's remember that EVGA is a far more capable company than Sparkle ever was so I seriously doubt that EVGA is dead. The truth is that, with these component producers, we consumers probably only see a fraction of their business. I'm sure that a lot of what EVGA produces is on the Data Centre side and so we never see it. I honestly doubt that any AIB partner could survive on their consumer-grade products alone.

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite Ax DDR5
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 + P12 Max Fans
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 5600 cl36 Oc'd to 6000 cl32
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 4090 24GB (non-oc version, undervolted)
Storage 2TB Netac nv7000 + 2TB P5 Plus + 2TB SN850X + 2*(4TB MX500) in raid 0. 14TB Total.
Display(s) Dell 23.5" 1440P IPS panel (P2416D)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply Gigabyte 850w (ud850gm pg5)
Mouse Some piece of shit from China
Keyboard Some piece of shit from China
Software Yes Please?
I've been wondering the same thing because they said they were not shutting down ( but of course they would say that regardless) and yet nothing has been happening, that I am aware of anyway. I mean it would be a shame, hopefully its not a lesson to other companies that good product support = death.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
If they aren't going to make AMD cards maybe EVGA could shift to making Matrox cards?

If they aren't going to make AMD cards maybe EVGA could shift to making Matrox cards?
Matrox's newest cards aren't really Matrox cards. lol

The D series (D1450, D1480) is Nvidia, the C series (C420, C680,C900) were AMD, and they have some Arc A310/380 cards under their "Luma" product line.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Matrox's newest cards aren't really Matrox cards. lol

The D series (D1450, D1480) is Nvidia, the C series (C420, C680,C900) were AMD, and they have some Arc A310/380 cards under their "Luma" product line.
Oh ok. I thought they were going to go back and make their own chips again. I guess I had bad info.

System Name We call it 'x79', aka The x79 system
Processor E5 1680 v2
Motherboard Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling Soft tube loop w/ Black Ice GTX 360 and EK Supremacy Evo
Memory 32gb (4x8gb) 2400mhz cl11 Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) Radeon VII, XFX with Samsung HBM dies
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 1tb
Display(s) old 27" Viewsonic 1080p, Asus 1080p, Viewsonic 4k
Case Thermaltake Core x9
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Benchmark Scores Cinebench r15, w/ 1680v2 @ 4.6ghz and XMP enabled, 1648 1680v2 @ 4.7ghz RAM @ stock 1333mhz, 1696
I still remember the GN and JayZ EVGA exit videos quite well. The last time I checked those videos were at 3 million views. GN's videos are so damned long that people miss the points. (Kinda like the 12VHPWR video) Steve should devote the last couple minutes of his videos for recapping all of his key talking points.

EVGA was at a disadvantage because they were using a 3rd party to manufacture their cards while the Big 3 owns their own manufacturing divisions. In a perfect world, the Big 3 would make a 10% profit while EVGA made a 5% profit off of each card being sold.

EVGA was also not happy about having to compete with Founder's Edition cards and they were not happy about Nvidia's restrictions. Remember the 4GB GTX 600 and 700 series cards? Nvidia put the kibosh on that. Then at the beginning of 2022 when the shortage was easing, Nvidia was still trying to force AIB's to buy large quantities of their GPU packages. Somehow the AIB's got out of that one.

Remember when the RTX 3090ti was on sale for $1200 on amazon and EVGA's website? I heard EVGA was losing money on those cards at that price, while Nvidia was breaking even on their discounted FE 3090ti's. This and EVGA's founder getting old were apparently the final straws.

System Name All the Cores ... (VMs)
Processor Ryzen9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (Bios F36c)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory TridentZ neo 4x 16gb 3600Mhz C16 (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC)
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 Ti
Storage 2x Sn750 2TB
Display(s) OPTIX MPG341CQR & LG 32UD60-B
Case CASELABS M8
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA g5 750w
Mouse Corsair m65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 10pro/64
Benchmark Scores N/A .. yet updating soon
The owner of EVGA suffers from PRIDE. You have to remember that EVGA is kind of a Young company. Back when they started .. they ask ATI if they could make GPUs .. and ATI was like naw we good. EVGAs owner took that to heart ... I thought a few years back he was ask if they would ever start making amd cards .. he said no (and referred to that)

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Don't be so sure. I thought that Sparkle was dead over ten years ago when they stopped producing GeForce cards:
View attachment 325791
But then, to my utter shock:

Let's remember that EVGA is a far more capable company than Sparkle ever was so I seriously doubt that EVGA is dead. The truth is that, with these component producers, we consumers probably only see a fraction of their business. I'm sure that a lot of what EVGA produces is on the Data Centre side and so we never see it. I honestly doubt that any AIB partner could survive on their consumer-grade products alone.

True, Antec another one that seemed to die, but then started releasing products again including my current PSU.

System Name Z77 Rev. 1
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x G.Skill F3-2400C10D-16GTX
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080
Storage Samsung 850 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 28" UE590 UHD
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
Mouse EVGA TORQ X10
Keyboard Leopold Tenkeyless
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 7695
I think that the owner or his heirs will in the end accept some nice sum for the brand.

He has to pay fees (possibly in at least several countries) to keep the brand name and logo registered. I do not believe that the fees are that high but the legal cost is and it adds up with the number of countries.

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
You have to remember that EVGA is kind of a Young company.
Ummm, they were founded in 1999. I would not call 24 years in this industry, "young" or even "kind of young".

from what i remember reading at the time of closure, they have always outsourced production to other oems more than any other big manufacturer

this means margins are way lower for their entire ;product line (and as a result, their low-numbers products like cooling and motherboards don't have any distinguishing features from other re-branders while being overpriced compared to most from china)

once the unexpected massive clearance sales started kicking in for gpus two years back, there was no way for them to continue operations -plus, if you think that AMD would have been viable for them, keep in mind that the AMD market is way more saturated tghasn when xfx made the jump a decade back

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
from what i remember reading at the time of closure, they have always outsourced production to other oems more than any other manufacturer
This is misleading. Just because something is outsource does NOT mean it is inferior. The truth is, I doubt it is exaggerating to say 99.9% of the products out there are either outsourced completely or use outsources components. For example, they may buy their blank boards from this company, their capacitors from that company, resistors here, coils there, and various ICs from different makers, then assemble them in a 3rd party assembly plant.

What matters is the initial design, and the quality assurance to ensure compliance with that design before the brand's logo is put on the outsourced case.

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit