• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Softbank Dumps its Entire NVIDIA Stock Worth $3.6 Billion

M2B

Processor Intel Core i5-8600K @4.9GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
Memory XPG 8GBx2 - 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX 1080 OC Edition 8G 11Gbps
Storage 2x Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U
Case Thermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Power Supply EVGA 650 P2
I think all GPU's are overpriced. I think they should be closer to CPU prices.
I7's for $400 and I9's for $500-ish
2080's should be $400 and 2080 TI should be $500-ish...Titan RTX should be tops at $700-$800.
People are overpaying for these; by far......why? I blame the mining craze. At that point
greed hit everyone....miners, buyers, retailers, chip makers...ect... Nvidia saw what people were willing to pay.
and the only reason their still priced that high is people simply keep forking over the money.

I don't think this will end anytime soon....unless AMD comes out with a GPU that
performs better and undercuts thier price buy $300. I don't see that happening.
AMD will want some pie too.....Maybe Intel will come out with a good mid range GPU and sell it sub $200
just to get a hold and userbase in the market. Wishfull thinking.....lol.....

just my 2 cents

CPUs are only CPUs, nothing more.
You have to pay extra money for memory and motherboard to feed a CPU's needs, where as for a graphics card you literally get an all in one product. (Memory, VRM, Heat sink, fan, GPU itself etc.)
You're not comparing apples to apples here.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
But remember, AMD had Ryzen to fall back on to help bolster their margins; nVidia didn't have that. If AMD didn't have Ryzen to help AMD would probably more than likely be dead today. So yay for Ryzen.

AMD is also a much much smaller company.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
Nvidia saw what people were willing to pay.
I believe it was in a Hardware Unboxed video but they said the reason why nVidia's new flagship GPU (the 2080ti) costs $1200 is because when the Titan Xp was out gamers kept buying them even though nVidia said it wasn't a gaming card. So if people wouldn't have kept buying them the 2080ti probably would've been in the ballpark of $800 or so.

D

Deleted member 158293

The world economy is based on eternal growth.

Indeed it is, though... To be fair, this is the foundation of capitalism with fractional central banking, not the whole world, but still... close enough.

Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-A
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition PWM
Memory G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV 3200MHz 16GB kit
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060 ROG STRIX GAMING
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
Case Cooler Master MasterCase H500
Power Supply SUPER FLOWER Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse BenQ Zowie FK1+-B
Keyboard Cherry KC 1000
Software Win 10
And you don't realize that investing basically is following the memetrain and cashing out at the right time? .

sorry didn't see your post here. Investing in shabby startups is not something I would call the pinnacle of trading. I understand that the company is successful and all, but there's a whole other world of investors who put their money in companies who actually produce stuff, have a serious past, and a stable future, and not in shallow promises or memes. Don't tell me investing is purely based on memetrains, media hypes and empty promises.

Softbank is invested in other AI companies. You can't have your eggs in more than one company's basket I'm guessing, is the idea.
That's a problem of diversification, not conflict of interest.

Conflict of interest is something different.
For example: for the last few years I was doing a job that consisted of lowering my employee's profit. But at the same time my yearly bonus was based on the profit. In other words: I would be rewarded for bad work (or malpractice). That's a textbook example of conflict of interest.

As for conflict in investing: you're usually not allowed to be short on your company (because you would benefit from malpractice). I can't think of a better example.

I looked into this case during the last hour. IMO gathering funds for buyback is by far the most probable reason.
They most likely made this decision back in October when the stock was still high, but already started to go down after the mining bubble. Selling such a huge number of shares back then would be difficult. They secured the price with derivatives and waited. They sold the stock now - when it's cheap and it was easy to find buyers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gest-with-93-billion-of-capital-idUSKCN18G0NP
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-said-to-seek-investment-in-chinese-ai-giant
...and they own ARM holdings (read "Inference applications", and "Application-specific accelerators").
Just in self-driving and AI-assisted cars alone NV has a huge lead over everyone else (including their former biggest shareholder Softbank or any of its subsidiaries), and their latest contract with BOSCH might as well make it a monopoly.
Again: diversification, not conflict of interest. They may have decided to lower their investment in this particular business.
But if that was true, they could have sold a part of ARM and keep some Nvidia.
In fact when you think about AI, it's almost necessary to invest in many companies - each one is working on a solution, so it's a competition (a race in fact).
If you believe that e.g. car AI will be hugely profitable in the future, you should buy shares of many (all) key players. This way you'll earn regardless of who wins the race. :)
The most important part IS that investors just took their whole investment out of nvidia despite its drop from its high, confidence is shaken , that could spook further investors, that's the news bit .
But then you look at the share value and clearly the confidence is not shaken.
When a major investor announced selling AMD shares, they went down instantly. It's a different situation.

Reactions: bug

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Titan V - enthuasiast rip-off tier
2080Ti - high enthusiast tier
2080 - enthusiast tier
2070 - high tier
2060 - mid-high tier
2050 - mid tier

Corrected it, according to current pricing.

As for the topic, regardless of the reason Softbank sold out their nVidia stock, this doesn't bode well for nVidia: we shall see ...

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Congrats to Softbank for investing and making money, all else is tears in the rain.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Prime X570 Pro
Cooling Deepcool LS-720
Memory 32 GB (4x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800 XT Gaming OC
Storage Samsung PM9A1 (980 Pro OEM) + 960 Evo NVMe SSD + 830 SATA SSD + Toshiba & WD HDD's
Display(s) Samsung C32HG70
Case Lian Li O11D Evo
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Seasonic 750W Focus+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G703 Lightspeed
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
Your theory of why Softbank sold NVDA is very brave, to be honest.
We don't know the reasons. It may have nothing to do with how they see Nvidia's future.

Maybe they simply wanted to change their portfolio structure? Get out of GPU market? Move money to something else? It doesn't mean NVDA is a bad investment. It means they found a better one.

Or maybe they simply needed cash?
The latest news is that Softbank bought back $5.5bln of their own stock. They had to sell something to get money and NVDA would have provided 2/3 of this sum.
That would actually mean NVDA is seen as an attractive stock (easy to sell quickly). And with that in mind it's easier to understand why NVDA stock went up today.

Nope, they didn't need money for that:
Mr Son will fund the share buyback using part of the funds raised by the recent $23.5bn public offering of stock in the company’s mobile subsidiary.
(https://www.ft.com/content/5f125b16-29ea-11e9-a5ab-ff8ef2b976c7 requires subscription or google)

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
That's a problem of diversification, not conflict of interest.

Conflict of interest is something different.
For example: for the last few years I was doing a job that consisted of lowering my employee's profit. But at the same time my yearly bonus was based on the profit. In other words: I would be rewarded for bad work (or malpractice). That's a textbook example of conflict of interest.

As for conflict in investing: you're usually not allowed to be short on your company (because you would benefit from malpractice). I can't think of a better example.

I looked into this case during the last hour. IMO gathering funds for buyback is by far the most probable reason.
They most likely made this decision back in October when the stock was still high, but already started to go down after the mining bubble. Selling such a huge number of shares back then would be difficult. They secured the price with derivatives and waited. They sold the stock now - when it's cheap and it was easy to find buyers.

Again: diversification, not conflict of interest. They may have decided to lower their investment in this particular business.
But if that was true, they could have sold a part of ARM and keep some Nvidia.
In fact when you think about AI, it's almost necessary to invest in many companies - each one is working on a solution, so it's a competition (a race in fact).
If you believe that e.g. car AI will be hugely profitable in the future, you should buy shares of many (all) key players. This way you'll earn regardless of who wins the race. :)

But then you look at the share value and clearly the confidence is not shaken.
When a major investor announced selling AMD shares, they went down instantly. It's a different situation.
we dissagree.

Now if you could possibly back up some of your BS with facts or you actually stated its your opinion i can leave you to your assumptions "all's well".

System Name Sham Pc
Processor i5-2500k @ 4.33
Motherboard INTEL DZ77SL 50K
Cooling 2 bay res. "2L of fluid in loop" 1x480 2x360
Memory 16gb 4x4 kingstone 1600 hyper x fury black
Video Card(s) hfa2 gtx 780 @ 1306/1768 (xspc bloc)
Storage 1tb wd red 120gb kingston on the way os, 1.5Tb wd black, 3tb random WD rebrand
Display(s) cibox something or other 23" 1080p " 23 inch downstairs. 52 inch plasma downstairs 15" tft kitchen
Case 900D
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply xion gaming seriese 1000W (non modular) 80+ bronze
Software windows 10 pro x64
Corrected it, according to current pricing.

As for the topic, regardless of the reason Softbank sold out their nVidia stock, this doesn't bode well for nVidia: we shall see ...

Corrected again

2080Ti - high enthusiast rip-off tier
2080 - enthusiast rip-off tier
2070 - high tier rip-off tier
2060 - mid-tier (basic gpu why make anything worse than this?) rip-off tier
2050 - Why are you buying this rip-off tier

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
we dissagree.

Now if you could possibly back up some of your BS with facts or you actually stated its your opinion i can leave you to your assumptions "all's well".
I'm not sure which part you think needs backing up. The conflict of interest part is just textbook definition and the speculation about why they sell when they did is the best explanation I have heard so far.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
And yet it's up so far today.

So what. This is the real picture - and note the correlation with Nvidia's Geforce stack and datacenter pricing structure, along with their stock price. They reached for the skies, just like that stock. Its about time they get shown the door.

Softbank may well see the same thing I'm seeing: Turing isn't viable in the long run, and RTX in its current shape also is a dead end. At the same time, their automotive (Drive PX) division isn't really taking off (they are fighting a massive bunch of conglomerates far more wealthy - GM etc have all jumped on autonomous cars) and that was a last resort for their CPU R&D (Tegra has been 'getting by' on great announcements and appeared in quite a bunch of half-successful products, starting with the LG Optimus 2X, up to the SHIELD - none of it really stuck for the masses like it should to pay off the R&D invested). They've pumped a LOT of funds into avenues that were dead ends already, or are soon to be, and Turing is unlikely to ever become a sales cannon like Pascal was. Therefore the outlook is not really that rosy at all - ironically, mostly because Pascal was so good and the competition is so scarce. Lots and lots of people will be sitting on their old GPU for years to come, simply because there are barely any incentives to upgrade at this point. Its actually starting to look a lot like Intel, a desperate search for new markets that never really wants to stick, combined with the alienation of the userbase on their regular markets (price hikes / lack of generational perf/dollar improvements are very much Intel + Nvidia recipes right about now).

1549493086441.png

Last edited:
Low quality post by Fluffmeister
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Corrected again

2080Ti - high enthusiast rip-off tier
2080 - enthusiast rip-off tier
2070 - high tier rip-off tier
2060 - mid-tier rip-off tier
2050 - Why are you buying this rip-off tier

PS: Where the hell is the Competition? Oh wait, here comes Vega it will easily defeat the 1080 Ti! *drum roll* ...... tears.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI MEG UNIFY
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360mm
Memory 4x8GB 3600c16 Ballistix
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB SX8200 Pro, 2TB SanDisk Ultra 3D, 6TB WD Red Pro
Display(s) Acer XV272U
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky One 2
THIS is what I don't get and what I've complained about - I've read your previous post carefully.
So, again - would you buy 2080 Ti for 2000$ if it proposed 100% gain over 1080 Ti?

The whole thing about pricing cards with 4 digits is ridiculous - it's not about price/perfomance. And then again, remember that for 1500$ they only propose lower tier gpu - 2500$ for "full" one (Titan rtx).

I think thye do. It's just huang whining because he hoped for brilliant sales, so he can earn another billion with those margins - but somehting went wrong, and he earns "only" couple hundreds of $M, so he should wait additional two months to purchase that villa.

My salary doesn't grow up at that rate they're increasing prices.
I think it’s pretty clear. If they had a 2080 that was reasonably faster and cost $800ish, and then a card that was 2-3x faster but said ‘hey this costs a ton to make, it’s $5000’ people wouldn’t be as mad. It’s just that our current 2080ti doesn’t really push the boundaries of what possible, and so it’s minimal increase for maximum price feels like a ripoff.

I think it’s pretty clear. If they had a 2080 that was reasonably faster and cost $800ish, and then a card that was 2-3x faster but said ‘hey this costs a ton to make, it’s $5000’ people wouldn’t be as mad. It’s just that our current 2080ti doesn’t really push the boundaries of what possible, and so it’s minimal increase for maximum price feels like a ripoff.
Well, that's the reason we have ripped TU102 for 1500$ - because people tolerate the overall idea of GPU for 9999$.
I mean, 1500$ for gaming gpu isn't acceptable at all, period. Why everydoby talk about price/perf - imho, it's not the primary issue here. AFAIK, gtx 2080 ti completely useless for professionals, architects, universities, etc., right?

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Well, that's the reason we have ripped TU102 for 1500$ - because people tolerate the overall idea of GPU for 9999$

People tolerate anything as long as there is no alternative, but what's missing is the actual percentage of people either willing or capable of that. Hint: its a tiny % and nothing we should worry about. Why do you think the 2060 has such a radically different perf/dollar metric as the 2080 and up? Simply because its the go-to product for the vast majority looking to upgrade at this point. Nvidia priced it so that it sells. The issue isn't a ripped TU102, the issue is that this massive die doesn't offer the performance many would expect - RT or no RT.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
People tolerate anything as long as there is no alternative, but what's missing is the actual percentage of people either willing or capable of that. Hint: its a tiny % and nothing we should worry about. Why do you think the 2060 has such a radically different perf/dollar metric as the 2080 and up? Simply because its the go-to product for the vast majority looking to upgrade at this point. Nvidia priced it so that it sells. The issue isn't a ripped TU102, the issue is that this massive die doesn't offer the performance many would expect - RT or no RT.

Yes, but still defend it. Their latest nonsense argument: it is unreasonable and/or wishful thinking for newer and/or more powerful hardware to cost the same or be less expensive and should cost more. They say this while completely ignoring that CPUs and entire computers systems seem to be unaffected by this. Even Intel at it's worse was still giving consumers more for their money, relative value between the generations decreased but the consumer still got more.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI MEG UNIFY
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360mm
Memory 4x8GB 3600c16 Ballistix
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB SX8200 Pro, 2TB SanDisk Ultra 3D, 6TB WD Red Pro
Display(s) Acer XV272U
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky One 2
I mean, 1500$ for gaming gpu isn't acceptable at all, period.
Sure it is. If either company came out with a truly incredible GPU today that could push ultra settings at 4k144hz and it had to cost $3k to make a profit that would be fine. A huge die with massive performance will cost the company money, and there will always be a market for the best of the best. That card wouldn't be for your normal consumer, but it would be a gaming gpu.

Low quality post by Bansaku
System Name Darkside
Processor R7 3700X
Motherboard Aorus Elite X570
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx l240
Memory Thermaltake Toughram DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage ADATA & WD 500GB NVME PCIe 3.0, many WD Black 1-3TB HD
Display(s) Samsung C27JG5x
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XL
Audio Device(s) iFi xDSD / micro iTube2 / micro iCAN SE
Power Supply EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Benchmark Scores Not sure, don't care

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Looks like Turding failed to impress almost everybody. Those prices... not everyone is growing money trees in their backyard. You can only bend something so much before it breaks.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Congrats to Softbank for investing and making money, all else is tears in the rain.

Just one issue: They lost money. Based on their buy-in time, they lost a lot.

I'm a developer on Nvidia hardware more than 3 years now, the $59 Qualcomm SoC can do the same job as $2500 Nvidia SoC. If Softbank wants to invest on Qualcomm with oil money, it is their decision but I have to keep my hands clean. I don't like companies moving left and right with political reasons.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Just to let you folks know, SoftBank is one of the worst if not THE WORST company in Japan. They made a fortune by having a monopoly on mobile phones contracts provider with ridiculous and calous prices for their packages.
On top of that, their customer support is the worst from the known 1st world countries, while ne one in English is basically non-existing.
I've dealt with those basterds and swer never to do that mistake again.

I can afford the $1,200 for the 2080 Ti but I believe it to be a rip off
Where can you find an 1200$ RTX 2080 Ti??? The cheapest ones I could find on that price were on E-Bay and auctioned...