• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Softmod & CCC

roads

I have an AIW 9800SE which iv been softmodding to a 9800 for several months thanks to W1zzard.

Iv just installed the latest Cats (4.10) inc the CCC from the ATi site. After applying the softmod as usual (i use the "Patched ati2mtag.sys") and restarting, the CCC worked fine.
After restarting again, the CCC fails to open and gives an error that the correct gfx drivers are not installed or that they are not working correctly.

Can i softmod the card and run the CCC? or is it not possible (atm)?

roads

Solved

Simple solution really:

Install the drivers and apply the softmod as usual.
THEN install the CCC separately.

I actually used RivaTuner to apply the softmod this time, but it should work this way with W1zzard's patch im guessing.

Iv also attached a screenshot of the error message i was getting previously.

Attachments

• error pic.JPG
    error pic.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 828

roads

.....or not

Well it seems as though i was a bit eager to report it solved.
Ran a few benchies and im now getting the same error again. Its seems as though the CCC doesn't like softmodded drivers :( .

If anyone can get it working pls let me know.
Giving up (for now).

Slayerstaps

WTF??!?!....another one.....Stop this people...don't react to your own posts....use the edit button to posts updates on your problem....Or first try to do everything you can to solve your problem...If u done that and still don kno what's wrong you can open a thread....But stop solving your own probs in threads on this forum. So plz stop this and only make a thread if u really don have a clue.....

roads

Apologies

Sorry Slayerstaps, I didn't realise it was such a problem. I appreciate what u are saying and understand how frustrating it is for others when people do not use the forums correctly. However, I did search this, and other forums, but could not find this issue reported anywhere. My posts were not just for my benefit, as im sure there are others with softmodded cards who have installed the CCC.

At the end of the day, what are the forums for if not to constructively contribute and discuss?

Slayerstaps

Good...Just use the edit button to update your first post...This way we can keep the threads form gettin messy...