• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Solved] Unlocking XFX HD-695X-ZNFC 1GB version A.1.

dehdar

Greetings,

I recently purchased a XFX HD-695X-ZNFC 1GB version A.1.

I've read that it can be unlocked, but I'm not sure which tutorial to follow? There is a hundred of tutorials on the internet and I'm very confused since I don't have much experience in overclocking.

I work as a software engineer and I've flashed xbox360s and put together quite a few computers, so I'm ashamed that I have no knowledge in overclocking. I did once make a hybrid laptop/radiator in an attempt to overclock though :)

My question is, what guide to follow? Also after I have unlocked my card by flashing it with a 6970 bios, would you recommend to further OC it by regulating the gpu clock frequency or would that be suicide?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for failing at using the search button.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
All you need to do is extract your own BIOS, use one of the provided ways of modding it to unlock the shaders(script or RBE), and then flash that BIOS you modded back onto the card.

Any other modifications to the BIOS can cause your card to fail, and because there are many different versions of the cards themselves, using random BIOSes other than your own has some risk as well.

You can overlock, without voltage changes, using the provided utility in the card's driver, and if the limits there are not high enough, you can use a tool to increase those as well. There are also other softwares that will let you overclock.

dehdar

All you need to do is extract your own BIOS, use one of the provided ways of modding it to unlock the shaders(script or RBE), and then flash that BIOS you modded back onto the card.

Any other modifications to the BIOS can cause your card to fail, and because there are many different versions of the cards themselves, using random BIOSes other than your own has some risk as well.

You can overlock, without voltage changes, using the provided utility in the card's driver, and if the limits there are not high enough, you can use a tool to increase those as well. There are also other softwares that will let you overclock.

Sounds very simple, thank you very much. Can you recommend any software for overclocking the clock and memory frequency of the GPU? Also I noticed you have the same graphic card as I do, any specific driver you can recommend? :)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Most recent drivers works best for recent software, usually.

I use the "RacerX" mod for the Overdrive panel in Catalyst Control Center to increase the clock speed options there, and that is all.

dehdar

Most recent drivers works best for recent software, usually.

I use the "RacerX" mod for the Overdrive panel in Catalyst Control Center to increase the clock speed options there, and that is all.

Do you have an official link for where I can download this mod? Or perhaps it comes pre-included in Catalyst Control center?