• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Speedfan and nvidia card

Just a quick question. Is there any way to enable fan control for nvidia card in speedfan 4.52 ? I have never been able to do that with nvidia card, always could with amd. Its not a recent thing, last time i tried it i was using gtx 660 and gtx 680. Now trying with gtx 1060, i can get the temp, but thats the only thing i can get. Is there a reg hack or something to get back the control ?

If that's not possible i will just rewire fans to my MB and control from there or just flash custom curve via vbios. Software other than speedfan 4.52 is NOT an option. Even if solution is not possible i would be interested in knowing what the reason is, its like this ever since i can remember, probably 13 years back. Only thing that comes to mind is that at some point nvidia stopped supporting OCing in drivers. For a while you could get that back via bios hack (coolbits). Then it was gone entirely. Im guessing speedfan gains control through driver and since driver doesn't support it, neither can speedfan. Im really curious.

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I think GPU fan control is better thru Afterburner, but it can only be done if the drop down box shows the GPU, which would depend on the motherboard.

4.52.PNG

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Watercooling
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Royal 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSi RTX 3080ti Suprim X
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600 PRO Hydro X
Display(s) Samsung G7 27" x2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Steelseries Apex Pro
Last update to Speedfan fixed support for Nvidia driver 275+. I am pretty sure there have been changes to the driver API since then, so odds are that you can forget using Speedfan for this unless the developer releases a new update.
If you want control of your Geforce, use MSi Afterburner. Then you can overclock and control fans just fine. I understand this is not a valid option for you, so go ahead and rewire your fans.