• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SSD: Corsair vs Indilinx vs Intel

INFRNL

I am wondering how the 3 of these drives compare?

Originally I was planning on getting an Intel cause most claim that they are the best, but there are many happy owners of any ssd.

The main reason why I am asking this question is because the indilinx drives seem to be similar in price to Intel, but smaller in size. Therefore the Intel which is claimed the best would still be best performance and best price per gb. So ideally Intel would be the better choice.

However ZZF is having the Corsair 128gb drive for $334 (cyber monday deal)but there is also a $25 rebate and a couple different coupon codes floating around. So depending on other deals, this may be a really good deal and I might just bite on it. I know its still expensive for an ssd right now, but a lot claim its the best upgrade one can do right now despite the cost.

Bottom line; Is the Corsair drive even worth it especially at a better cost/gb than the others, or would it be better to pay a little more for Intel or Indilinx? (side note: Anandtech says that corsair is with OCZ and has support for trim and FW updates) Other cyber monday deals will make the final decision.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions

EDIT: I guess the email was misleading on the Corsair drive: for some reason, it looks like the price didn't even change on it. Still $370-$25 rebate=$345. On the add it says $335. IDK

Last edited:

Chris_Ramseyer

Phison Rep
I have personally tested just about ever SSD on the market for the last year. The Intel 10 channel controller is bad ass and if it were my money I would buy the G2 Intel.

That said I have a Crucial M225 256Gb drive in my notebook but like I said, if I had to pay for it...

Then again, having 256GB of space is pretty nice and you can only get up to 160GB with Intel. When it really comes down to it you are not really going to notice a difference between the two under real world conditions.

I will warn you though, once you go SSD you can't go back to platter drives! It is just too painful and you feel like you just drank a case of Bawls and then sat down to watch something on the Golf Channel.

INFRNL

Thanks,
I am now thinking either the Intel 160gb for $424 today, or OCZ Agility 120 for $319-30 rebate. Really wish this size drive was around the $200 mark. 80gig seems a little small to me. Both drives according to reviews or benchmarks go either way, but make it seem like the Indilinx is overall a better performer, but fellow members tend to lean towards Intel.

Damn decisions, Its always hard for me cause I do not want to make the wrong decision or regret the decisions I make

deaffob

Processor E8400 E0 @4.4Ghz
Motherboard P5Q-E
Cooling Coolermaster V8
Memory OCZ 4GB Platinum 1066@1100
Video Card(s) XFX 5870@stock
Storage WD SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2232w+
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
the question should be Indilinx vs Intel, as corsair doesn't make their controller. I think only 3 companies make SSD controllers: samsung, indilinx, and intel

INFRNL

the question should be Indilinx vs Intel, as corsair doesn't make their controller. I think only 3 companies make SSD controllers: samsung, indilinx, and intel

In a sense yes, but I was primarily looking at Intel, Corsair, or Indilinx based but probably just an OCZ

I think I am now thinking either Intel or OCZ, or even possibly waiting till newer drives come along or possibly when they are a bit cheaper. This reminds me of when the Raptors first came out 36 or 74 was all you got for 2-300.

techspec6

I would recommend the Agility 120GB drive. I have two of them myself, one in my laptop and another in my girlfriends gaming desktop. I bought mine before the agility series was released, so I have 3x 30GB vertex drives. Like HighEndToys stated, as long as you have a quality SSD, you're not going to tell the difference between them. I can't tell a difference in day to day operations between my girlfriends 120GB agility and my Vertex array. Only time you would see a difference is when transfering large files. Also, I firmly believe a product is only as good as it's support. That said, OCZ has excellent support via their forum. Ask a question there and get an answer within a few hours.

I would stay away from SSDs with samsung controllers. Samsung isn't as forthcoming with FW updates like Intel and Indilinx have been.

All that said, Intel drives are excellent. I just don't think they're a better value than the OCZ Agility/Vertex drives. If money is no object, grab a couple Intel G2s and RAID0 them.

Jason

INFRNL

Thanks,
Looks like I will have to wait for the next set of deals. I should have bought that agility when i had the chance, just wanted to get some peoples opinions to make the right choice.