• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Strategy Gaming Thread

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I like it for sure but it does feel basic. I know better but was hoping for a more battle oriented Warcraft 3 experience with more city building/management baked in. It isn't that and I knew that going into it.

What I will say is that several months ago I decided not to invest because of major complaints about lack of content. Now it seems they've added more in all areas and have updated the game since I've purchased it adding profile stats, tactical map details, etc.

It sure has a lotta buzz around it. But for now it isn't keeping my attention as much as Ashes of the Singularity Escalation, Total War Warhammer (vanilla), and Rimworld.

I like action...so what happens is I play Northgard and enjoy its design, ui, graphics and mechanics...then I want more flavors of battle so I load up Warcraft 3. Lol! It works well...now if I had more time to really sink my teeth into all these games I'd be set!

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Thats such a roundabout way to load up WC3...:shadedshu: LOL.

I bought the MS empire series back with, I think XP, I didnt know anything about Warcraft back then, but from what I gathered they similar in nature. Build then go to war conquering land and expanding, putting together the storyline, etc. . So I never tried the warcraft series, prolly never will now with Empires coming out with a "definitive edition".

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
WC3 is an excellent experience IMHO and I absolutely recommend it even today. I'd even wager to put it above StarCraft and definitely SC2 and I'm a sci-fi fan. It is just so well designed and entertaining IMHO. I play it yearly and have since release.

Blizzard patched of recently to allow for higher resolutions and a few other comparability things iirc. Worth it and plays at 1080p which is as high as I got sadly. Not sure if it goes up to 4k or not.

Interestingly enough I never got into Microsoft's Empire series. Though I know they're pretty damn good!

:toast:

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
WC3 is an excellent experience IMHO and I absolutely recommend it even today. I'd even wager to put it above StarCraft and definitely SC2 and I'm a sci-fi fan. It is just so well designed and entertaining IMHO. I play it yearly and have since release.

Blizzard patched of recently to allow for higher resolutions and a few other comparability things iirc. Worth it and plays at 1080p which is as high as I got sadly. Not sure if it goes up to 4k or not.

Interestingly enough I never got into Microsoft's Empire series. Though I know they're pretty damn good!

:toast:
Ha, forgot about StarCraft too. Its like you seen one you seen them all, but I do admit I never really tried to look at what the differences are other than a theme. Not knocking any of them. Wonder if any are streaming on twitch.

Edit: Starcraft 2 has a LOT of viewers

E2: Warcraft3 has maybe 100...

System Name Perf/price king /w focus on low noise and TDP
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Cooling Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A (BW)
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 & 256GB Samsung 830 Series
Display(s) Home: LG 29UB65-P & Work: LG 34UB88-B
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX /w Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply be quiet! Straight Power CM E9 80+ Gold 480W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD optical
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M500
Software Win10
Edit: Starcraft 2 has a LOT of viewers

E2: Warcraft3 has maybe 100...
Yet still Warcraft 3 is the better game.
Thats such a roundabout way to load up WC3...:shadedshu: LOL.

I bought the MS empire series back with, I think XP, I didnt know anything about Warcraft back then, but from what I gathered they similar in nature. Build then go to war conquering land and expanding, putting together the storyline, etc. . So I never tried the warcraft series, prolly never will now with Empires coming out with a "definitive edition".
Warcraft 3 is very different from the typical 'build your base, tech/upgrade, and raise an army" RTS that was popularized by C&C...

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
True, but C&C is still the classic RTS that I know and love. I keep going back to Tiberian Sun like a bad habit. I should check out C&C 1995 tho...been a while since I've burned through the SP campaign there. CnCNet's version is pretty decent, and seems fairly stable. If you want to get the version that includes the SP Campaign and movies, scroll down and look for Single Player in bold, then expand the menu, choose Single Player Campaign (windows). That will download the newest installer. The nice thing is this applies all the patching to make Tiberian Sun play nice with Windows 7, 8 and 10. And it is FREE! :D

I most recently have gotten pretty far into my WC3 campaign run, having a lotta fun as this is one of those games that just holds up really well IMHO. Sure it has some limitations that I've grown used to with modern games, like WASD panning. But really that is a small price to pay for such a sweet classic piece of RTS gaming. For $10 even today, I'd say it would be money very well spent. Keep in mind I've always enjoyed the Warcraft lore, but really never had interest in WoW. This game is the best in the WC RTS series IMHO.

Next I've been playing back through the Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation campaigns since the recent 2.3 patch and tune. Being a more casual player, I tend to stick to the easier and normal AI varieties...and being time limited, this game I always end up having to save a skirmish or mission, and return at a later time. I really do enjoy this game the more it unfolds and the more it gets developed. Going to be one of those long-term RTS's that is played for years. Especially with Stardock's support.

Lastly, I re-installed Homeworld Remastered, and started a new campaign in the remastered HW1. I was going to play classic...but dammit I want the new snazzy graphics and seeing that it has been so long since I was die-hard classic HW...the change to HW2 RnG combat and formation handling doesn't bother me. The game plays and looks amazing. I modified the control scheme to allow for WASD panning and using the R and F keys for vertical panning. This did remove some hotkey assignments...and I'm undecided if I even care. So far I use Guard more than anything hotkey wise...otherwise I'm all mouse controls. Playing through the campaign has been quite fun and challenging as ever. I forgot how fun tactics could be in this game and how saddened I was to see Shallow Space devs fall off the radar since HW was such a strong inspiration for them.

Regardless... HWR is a solid release now...I know there are still a lot of folks upset about it. At release it was buggy and I played it where I could, but never could stay hooked into it very long. Now I can't wait to get home to play another mission....several times...save scumming to minimize losses and make the best decision and strategy moves. LOL! Not many games are fun to play over and over...but HW nails it and thankfully that wasn't lost in Remastered. :)

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
I might or might not have installed access to a private WoW server to relive the glory days...

peiN

Reinstalled Warcraft 3 last week just before Blizzard announced they would be releasing a remastered version. Looking forward to that and it feels good to be playing this again. Mixing it up with some AotSE, Rimworld and SW Empire at War.

The fact that WC3 still plays on modern systems, supports 1080p resolutions, and is still entertaining speaks volumes. This and Tiberian Sun were my main RTSes for years back in the early-2000's.

Today the Steam Summer Sale hits... and I see that Total War: Warhammer is on sale, so is all the DLC (still $$$$$ tho...). I'm fairly broke but am tempted to get this. I've generally steered clear of Total War though, no real reason why though...I'm sure Rome and Rome 2 would've consumed my time for eons. But I am very tempted to pick up at least the base game. Any suggestions here? Is the vanilla game worth it?

I enjoy the Warhammer games, and this does look like it could be quite fun. I'm generally more of a sci-fi and modern warfare kinda gamer, but Warhammer's fantasy works fine for me. :rockout:

I have been enjoying Rimworld on and off...I kinda want something more combat oriented, though admittedly I've only played it for 20-30 minutes at a time. I do gotta say it is pretty damn cool and I'm getting the hang of managing my peeps. Just doing easy starts with 3 survivors. Working on tuning their tasks to meet their qualifications then specialties and interests, getting the basics down.

WC3 I covered above...I haven't modded yet but would like to find a good HD texture mod but at the same time I don't really feel the need to do either. I also need to work on my APM and rush tactics...my first couple skirmishes against the AI and I got my arse handed to me LOL! Embarrassing as that is, I cannot deny it.

Ashes has been pretty damn good but the new campaign is challenging...but I'm mostly playing skirmishes against the AI. I still love the battles in this game and the balancing and map polishing is just awesome IMHO. I am really quite excited for the future content and moddability of this game.

Now I wonder if I should add TW: Warhammer to the mix... :D
It's an official announcement? I didn't see it anywhere, hmm...

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
It's an official announcement? I didn't see it anywhere, hmm...

That's because you just missed the sale entirely.

System Name Lenovo 17IMH05H
Processor Core i7 10750H
Video Card(s) GTX 1660 Ti
Audio Device(s) SSL2
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Benchmark Scores i've got a shitload of them in 15 years of TPU membership
These are the RTS games i am used to play on LAN TCP/IP: Starcraft Brood War, Warcraft III Frozen Throne, Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, Company of Heroes, World in Conflict, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Battlestations Midway.

Starcraft and Warcraft 3 will never die on LAN and they are good in vanilla modes. Starcraft II does not even work on LAN, so that was a huge disappointment!
Red Alert 2 is immortal, but it's very difficult to get it working properly without lag; also Red Alert 2 must be played with with a Mental Omega mod or something else, otherwise it is not challenging and lacks variety. CNC2 and CNC3 Tiberian games were never so fun for multi player as Red Alert 2. Red Alert 2 is an upgrade from Tiberian Sun in terms of what you can do in MP, but Tiberium Wars just does not cut the mustard in MP, it feels like a totally different game, so "alien", clunky, rushed. I don't even like how ground units move in that game, although the single player missions were awesome.
World in Conflict is a bit boring in multi player... It's strength was surely it's superb missions!
Company of Heroes is a masterpiece! It is so good in MP, that i don't even care what Company of Heroes 2 has to offer.
Battlestations Midway is a very versatile naval combat strategy game with great simulation elements and it is very friendly for LAN MP; unfortunately support is dead for this game.
Finally, all Heroes of Might and Magic games are total garbage compared to Heroes III, and that is the game if you want to play for 12 or more hours with your friend and have a simple relaxed time listening to your favorite music while gaming.

Don't care about medieval/ancient/classic era RTS games, never liked them, especially was never a fan of those massive army games like "Rome Total War"... Also, all those "robot orc warrior" type games like "Dawn of War" piss me off for whatever unknown reason... Sorry.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
These are the RTS games i am used to play on LAN TCP/IP: Starcraft Brood War, Warcraft III Frozen Throne, Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, Company of Heroes, World in Conflict, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Battlestations Midway.

Starcraft and Warcraft 3 will never die on LAN and they are good in vanilla modes. Starcraft II does not even work on LAN, so that was a huge disappointment!
Red Alert 2 is immortal, but it's very difficult to get it working properly without lag; also Red Alert 2 must be played with with a Mental Omega mod or something else, otherwise it is not challenging and lacks variety.
World in Conflict is a bit boring in multiplayer... It's strength was surely it's superb missions!
Company of Heroes is a masterpiece! It is so good in MP, that i don't even care what Company of Heroes 2 has to offer.
Battlestations Midway is a very versatile naval combat strategy game with simulation elements and it is very friendly for LAN mutliplay; unfortunately support is dead for this game.
Finally, all Heroes games are total garbage compared to Heroes III, and that is the game if you want to play for 12 or more hours with your friend and have a relaxed time listening to music.

Don't care about medieval/ancient/classic era RTS games, never liked them, especially was never a fan of those massive army games like "Rome Total War"... Also, all those "robot orc warrior" type games like "Dawn of War" piss me off for whatever unknown reason... Sorry.

Careful what you piss on... Games Workshop has written more and probably also much better lore than Tolkien and JK Rowling combined. You'd be surprised how much is derived from Warhammer / 40K, and that includes Starcraft too. Go put Marines and Space Marines side by side, or Zerg and Tyranids ;)

Only one issue and that is the lack of great games in that setting, but Dawn of War, TW Warhammer and BF Gothic Armada are all very very well done, both immersive and well built. Shame to miss out on!

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still have a couple of missions to finish in HW1 Remastered. Then I'm going to start Deserts of Kharak, and then move onto 2. Eventually. Got kinda burned out at the moment and am taking a short break. I was stepping away from the campaign to play some skirmishes...but totally suck at skirmishing in HW lol. Just haven't dedicated enough time.

Got back into testing the Ashes of the Singularity Escalation beta 2.4 patch, so far I'm really liking the adjustments. This is turning into one helluva game IMHO, and hopefully some announcements made for future additions to the game will come true soon.

Also picked up a $5 game off of Steam that just released called Battlefleet Engineer. It is pretty damn entertaining, and so far have got my money's worth out of it. The combat and ship design remind me of StarDrive 1's, also the game uses newtonian-ish physics like SD1 did. For $5, it is pretty damn entertaining and a nice break from the other games I've been playing. I would like to see more RTS and 4X elements added to what I consider to be good and entertaining space combat and ship/fleet design. Even if not, there's plenty for $5 worth of fun even for an EA title.

Edit: I forgot to add the dev has a free demo on their website, worth checking out if you're not sure the game is for you.

On that note, StarDrive BlackBox Mod developers have been working quite a bit on their Texas-arm of the mod, which is re-working the code of the game. Those that aren't familiar with SD1, I consider it a Distant Worlds Universe-Lite with better graphics. Even though it is from 2010 (same as the original DW iirc), it was never finished by the dev and due to the game engine limitations a lot of issues remained. But it had a lot of promise for an RTS 4X with module/block-based ship design and damage models and newtonian physics models.

The lead dev, CrunchGremlin has been posting regular alpha updates that you apply directly to your StarDrive game directory. Each new patch contains all the previous work so you don't have to incrementally upgrade at this point. These are pre-alpha releases, but do make some good changes, especially with game performance. That was one of the biggest issues with medium-to-large battles with the game engine and the block/module based ships and damage. If you own SD1, re-install it and try this mod to see where SD1 BB Texas is going, or even go try the most recent official mod pack to see where the game has been for the past year with these mods. :)

Last edited:

Ahhzz

Staff member
Games Workshop .... much better lore than Tolkien . ....

Bite your tongue, sirrah, or meet me on yon field of honor!

As to the rest, yeah GW makes an excellent depth and breadth of knowledge :)

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Yet still Warcraft 3 is the better game.

Warcraft 3 is very different from the typical 'build your base, tech/upgrade, and raise an army" RTS that was popularized by C&C...

Basically Warcraft 3 planted the seeds for the MOBA just by virtue of its superb engine and mechanics, while still being one of the best balanced RTSes in the world. Still.

Ahhzz

Staff member
Basically Warcraft 3 planted the seeds for the MOBA just by virtue of its superb engine and mechanics, while still being one of the best balanced RTSes in the world. Still.
http://kotaku.com/5060234/warcraft-modders-create-league-of-legends/
Didn't plant the seeds, they harvested the forest, planed it to lumber, and made boats. Then, showed everyone else how to make their own boats.

I still have a couple of missions to finish in HW1 Remastered. Then I'm going to start Deserts of Kharak, and then move onto 2. Eventually. Got kinda burned out at the moment and am taking a short break. I was stepping away from the campaign to play some skirmishes...but totally suck at skirmishing in HW lol. Just haven't dedicated enough time.

Got back into testing the Ashes of the Singularity Escalation beta 2.4 patch, so far I'm really liking the adjustments. This is turning into one helluva game IMHO, and hopefully some announcements made for future additions to the game will come true soon.

Also picked up a $5 game off of Steam that just released called Battlefleet Engineer. It is pretty damn entertaining, and so far have got my money's worth out of it. The combat and ship design remind me of StarDrive 1's, also the game uses newtonian-ish physics like SD1 did. For $5, it is pretty damn entertaining and a nice break from the other games I've been playing. I would like to see more RTS and 4X elements added to what I consider to be good and entertaining space combat and ship/fleet design. Even if not, there's plenty for $5 worth of fun even for an EA title.

Edit: I forgot to add the dev has a free demo on their website, worth checking out if you're not sure the game is for you.

On that note, StarDrive BlackBox Mod developers have been working quite a bit on their Texas-arm of the mod, which is re-working the code of the game. Those that aren't familiar with SD1, I consider it a Distant Worlds Universe-Lite with better graphics. Even though it is from 2010 (same as the original DW iirc), it was never finished by the dev and due to the game engine limitations a lot of issues remained. But it had a lot of promise for an RTS 4X with module/block-based ship design and damage models and newtonian physics models.

The lead dev, CrunchGremlin has been posting regular alpha updates that you apply directly to your StarDrive game directory. Each new patch contains all the previous work so you don't have to incrementally upgrade at this point. These are pre-alpha releases, but do make some good changes, especially with game performance. That was one of the biggest issues with medium-to-large battles with the game engine and the block/module based ships and damage. If you own SD1, re-install it and try this mod to see where SD1 BB Texas is going, or even go try the most recent official mod pack to see where the game has been for the past year with these mods. :)
Just gotta say, I may not agree with your take on some other threads, but every time I see you post about RTS or games, my mouse moves to "Thanks" by default :)

System Name Lenovo 17IMH05H
Processor Core i7 10750H
Video Card(s) GTX 1660 Ti
Audio Device(s) SSL2
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Benchmark Scores i've got a shitload of them in 15 years of TPU membership

I haven't played Mental Ω mod but I've heard people say it's a good balance mod

Mental Omega 3 just does not look like Red Alert 2 anymore.

If you want to really experience Red Alert 2, try the later MO 2.0 mod first before going 3.0. The campaigns are very challenging in 2.0, and the A. I. in multi player is very competitive.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
never played AoE III, too many long time AoE players said they hated it. Turned me off to even trying it. Loved the original and the second. Hopefully IV brings things back to basics.

Ahhzz

Staff member
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Hyped to the point of being on the brink of a pre order, which I NEVER do.

The four races they'll add on release, and combining the part 1 and part 2 maps/campaign is just a wet dream really

Some porn below

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got a few recent updates coming soon, in beta or already released.

Dawn of Andromeda is now at 1.2.

Ashes of the Singularity is at 2.4 with an opt-in for 2.5.

Galactic Civilizations 3 is at 2.33 with an opt-in for 2.5.

I've been playing my fair share of Starsector and Cosmoteer lately. Both are pretty damn fun. Starsector is more serious than I took it for, and it is one of those games that will make you pay attention and is rewarding when you do. It is a pretty damn awesome game and worth it for those that like micro-tactical action. You can only control one ship at a time but you can give orders to your fleet. There's trading, bounty hunting, being a pirate, and various missions along with a pretty decent sized universe to play in that I've seen so far. I've only scratched the surface...haven't tried any mods yet.

Also not sure if any of you noticed, but Star Wars: Empire at War just got a new patch (well actually 2) for the Steam version that allows for multiplayer (has been down since 2014) and Steamworks mod support. That's pretty damn amazing and exactly what the game needed. For an RTS 4X in Star Wars theme, and a still very active mod scene this is damn well worth picking up.

Those are just the ones that caught my attention.

I really liked what I am seeing with all these updates, now...where do I find the time to actually play these? LOL! :toast: