• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SunSpider 1.0 JavaScript benchmark results

Okay, I'm veering way off topic now but I would really like to know more about what you did here. My system (see full spec in profile) idles no lower than 75-80W at the wall meter, and that's taking all reasonable measures in UEFI and Windows power settings to lower it.

UEFI stuff I tried: deactivating all unused devices; maximizing available P-states, C-states, and PCI-E sub-states. None seemed to change idle consumption significantly.

Win10 stuff I tried: maximizing all power savings features in "Ryzen Power Saver" power profile. The only settings with a measurable effect were spinning down HDDs (3 of 4 are usually spun down) and lowering max CPU clock speed. Capping CPU to 99% drops the processor's reported status from 4.15GHz/1.43V to 3.49GHz/1.06V and saves 5-10W at the wall when lightly loaded.

I typically run on "Ryzen Balanced" with max CPU at 99% and PCI-E optimizations off. I toggle to "Ryzen High Performance" for gaming.

"Ryzen Power Saver" saves another 5W at the wall (even though only 0.5W difference in HWInfo CPU PPT) but causes instability: I experienced several BSOD's over a week's time when PCI-E link state was set to maximum/L1. Dropping RAM from 3200 XMP to 2133 JEDEC saves 5+ watts at the wall, and lowers HWInfo SoC 3W, but tanks performance so I don't do that either. The RTX 3070 has idle fan stop and MSI AB reports 11-15W idle depending on background applications.

What's your Package Power / PPT value in HWInfo? Mine says my lightly-loaded Ryzen 3600 uses 21-22W package power / PPT. Breakdown is 2-3W core power, 9.8W SoC, and the rest unaccounted for.

I was going to go with Intel for my next upgrade because I heard total system power is less when lightly loaded. It is difficult to find precise comparisons between platforms online. Most reviewers don't report it at all, and those that do are wildly inconsistent with each other and publish no notes or methodology. Best info I could find was this site which doesn't do controlled comparisons but does have extensive notes on settings and hardware used.
Well, similar to you, everything unused turned off Bluetooth/wifi/ gave 4watt, enabled "max power saving in bios" (i dont know what exactly it does but something to do with cstates, it shaved off few watts).
Undervolting VSOC setting in bios also helped a little, stock is 1.3v, in my case with with this cpu and memory at 6000 it only needs about 1.12v.
I got lucky in silicon lottery and my Cpu curve optimizer is stable at -40
About those leds, no setting for that in bios. I was in asus armory crate app, there is a page with addressable led settings, at stock setting each of 3 argb ports had power for 120 leds enabled. turned that down to 20 and 10watts less at idle.
Also enabled power saving setting in armory crate.
fans( 3) are set to silent profile. Two nvme SSDs in the system.
At the moment only 1050ti in gpu slot. default gpu power profile is set to silent.
only 450watts gold rated PSU, such config for sure helps a little with efficiency at idle.

With all that idle power consumption at metter is hoovering at about 53 watt under balanced power plan. PPT value is hoovering at about 20W, others similar to yours. As for amd vs intel idle, people on reddit reported the differences has shrunk. There was indeed big differences few generations ago but on am5 b650 and rocket lake it is in same ballpark on somehow comparable systems.
scored on my ps3 running red ribbon, a smidge slower than your ryzens ;)
Those dammed lazy programmers, after all these years still don't know how to use those mighty SPUs:D

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S (two fans)
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Reference Vega 64
Storage Intel 665p 1TB, WD Black SN850X 2TB, Crucial MX300 1TB SATA, Samsung 830 256 GB SATA
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG27, and Samsung S23A700
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 850W
Mouse Logitech
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro, and Ubuntu 20.04
Cell was good for scientific computing and GPU workloads, but as this result shows, the PPE is very lackluster for general purpose computing.

Result: 33.7 ms

Software: ROSA Fresh Desktop 12.4 -- LXQt -- Nvidia proprietary driver -- XFS as root -- Nyxt 3.10.0
Hardware: Intel 12600KF (stock) -- Kingston 6200 MHz CL35 -- GTX 650 1GB -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB