• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

'The Romantics' Band Sues Guitar Hero

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
So why not sue the cover bands that get paid playing at pubs and small events all over the world whilst they are at it?

I imagine that the creators of Guitar Hero could now work out deals with the artists whose songs they use, as the developer and publisher have situated the game on the market and it is quite popular, but I'm sure that if they had did it with the first, or the second Guitar Hero that artists would want nothing to do with it as the game was not solidly proven to be a huge success. Now all of the one hit wonder ass wipes who don't have the creativity to release any other song in what, roughly 30 years? They will start suing Guitar Hero developers too.
I don't know about you but I can't make sense of a bunch of randomly animated band members in Guitar Hero playing, and singing exactly like numerous bands. I think that could be another reason for the whole 'cover band' thing.

Yes the developers and publisher are making money from these cover versions of songs, but are the bands losing any? I'd think that people who play Guitar Hero, and find out about all of these cool songs they've not heard of before would go out and buy some albums from that artist to further appreciate their music, right? Or, I could be mistaken and those people would just download the music illegally and then the artists would get the shits even more, and then sue The Pirate Bay..... Oh wait! That has already happened this year! :rolleyes:

I believe some big cover bands do pay royalties. I'm pretty sure that the cover band for the Tragically hip , called "Road Apples" were paying royalties here in Canada.

P.s for all of you who are like "who the funk is The Tragically Hip?" They are One of Canada's biggest bands ever! Great band! Check them out if you like bluesy rock.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
So... Its Napster all over again! Metallic was right and wrong... The Romantics are just plain wrong! I liked their music, but now I don't know.... I stopped listening to Metallic because of the whole Napster thing and look at their sells after that... No wait... look at the quality of music that they made. I'm a big Metallic fan, but they just fell off the earth after it... And now a band that all ready fell off the earth is trying to get back into the lime life...
Dude, no offense, but my OCD kicked in, and this is driving me crazy, it's Metallica, not Metallic. lol Sorry.

Anyway, back on topic: I think they should be paid royalties. But I think it's utterly ridiculous to request the game to be pulled from the shelves.

Sh00t1st

System Name Battlefield 3
Processor Phenom II x3 715 heka unlocked to x4 3.3ghz
Motherboard GIGABYTE ga-ma785g-ud3h
Cooling arctic cooling freezer 64 pro
Memory 4 gig ddr2
Video Card(s) saphire 5770
Storage 60gb mushkin ssd,120 and 160 gig ide
Display(s) 1 19" crt, 2 17" crt
Case 30 dollar gaming case with fan grills removed
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply 450 corsair
Software windows 7
Benchmark Scores Plays battlefield 3 well enough that i was ranked 1st globally in vehicles for november and december
lmfao, crappy bands strike again.