• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@AusWolf it's more that I just miss my friends and the puppy I helped raise last year. the other stuff is just side bonuses, its ok, as a USA citizen I can get 6 months travel visa automatically, I just need to find a second part time remote job or a full time remote job to make it a reality. 6 months of the year is enough anyway. I have done hundreds of job applications this year though and no cigar, fully remote jobs are so hard to get in USA, in UK its easy to get remote jobs because the government gives tax incentives for it to reduce congestion of traffic and environment benefits. that's how corporations work, they just need a nice slap on the ass and tax incentive to do the right thing for certain types of jobs. America is too dumb to realize this though.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Intel Core i9 11900KF @ -075mV PL max @225w
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling DeepCool LS520SE Liquid + 3 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14 1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
The last thing I heard was the government wanted pretty much everyone to go back to their workplaces so they can spend money buying their lunch and whatnot on high streets, it's only gone quiet on that subject for the last 12 months because the whole point of higher interest rates is to try to force most people to spend less to lower inflation. As for congestion, more and more cities have/are introducing low emission zones to either stop older dirtier vehicles being used for commutes or make them pay big for it, if we weren't in a cost of living crisis the men in suits want everyone to go to the workplace by train/tram and fill the cafe's at lunchtime :)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
The last thing I heard was the government wanted pretty much everyone to go back to their workplaces so they can spend money buying their lunch and whatnot on high streets, it's only gone quiet on that subject for the last 12 months because the whole point of higher interest rates is to try to force most people to spend less to lower inflation. As for congestion, more and more cities have/are introducing low emission zones to either stop older dirtier vehicles being used for commutes or make them pay big for it, if we weren't in a cost of living crisis the men in suits want everyone to go to the workplace by train/tram and fill the cafe's at lunchtime :)

this law existed before Covid. I know because I lived in England in 2019 with my friend, who was at a remote job because the company was an incentive to hire remote workers through a tax break.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Intel Core i9 11900KF @ -075mV PL max @225w
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling DeepCool LS520SE Liquid + 3 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14 1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
this law existed before Covid. I know because I lived in England in 2019 with my friend, who was at a remote job because the company was an incentive to hire remote workers through a tax break.
Yeah but it's not a law, it's up to the employer, there are financial incentives to it, for example my next door but one neighbour works remotely for a German company based in Germany, therefore because it's based in Germany it (the company) does not have to adhere to most (not all) of UK employment law (Some might, some might not) for example pension contributions, UK National Insurance, Sick pay, holiday allowance etc but of course they must comply with German Law where "applicable" and "practical", I suppose what I am saying is according to my neighbour it's not all good by any means dependant on scenario, he has a decent job with them but if it were a lower paid role as an example, Germany's minimum wage is lower than the UK's.

In the end, my neighbour had to become self employed (for tax and NI purposes) because the German Company did not have to deduct income tax at source and pay HRMC their cut, it got messy, fortunately his company were happy to change the contract to allow this.

Not suggesting this is the case for everyone but it can get complicated dependant on where you reside in relation to where your employer is based.

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Just a wee reminder that the UK clubhouse still has to follow TPU guidelines, and one of those is a no politics policy. I've deleted a couple of posts recently that were about politics.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Yeah but it's not a law, it's up to the employer, there are financial incentives to it, for example my next door but one neighbour works remotely for a German company based in Germany, therefore because it's based in Germany it (the company) does not have to adhere to most (not all) of UK employment law (Some might, some might not) for example pension contributions, UK National Insurance, Sick pay, holiday allowance etc but of course they must comply with German Law where "applicable" and "practical", I suppose what I am saying is according to my neighbour it's not all good by any means dependant on scenario, he has a decent job with them but if it were a lower paid role as an example, Germany's minimum wage is lower than the UK's.

In the end, my neighbour had to become self employed (for tax and NI purposes) because the German Company did not have to deduct income tax at source and pay HRMC their cut, it got messy, fortunately his company were happy to change the contract to allow this.

Not suggesting this is the case for everyone but it can get complicated dependant on where you reside in relation to where your employer is based.

I actually spoke with my friend in the UK recently, I was indeed incorrect, but if you are a UK citizen, working with a company based in the UK remotely, you can claim an extra tax break for being a remote worker, I was mistaken in the fact it has nothing to do at the corporate level, its up to the individual to claim that extra tax break.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@Tatty_Two Check this one out. :laugh:

Just like a Frenchman to wait almost too long to put it back in the water, when they aren't making love or dropping things, they are taking their time.

sarcasm for those who misread - I have friends from France in rural are and they are cool people. Eat too much cheese for my taste though.

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just like a Frenchman to wait almost too long to put it back in the water, when they aren't making love or dropping things, they are taking their time.

Catfish are REALLY hardy fish. They'll survive much longer than most of the other fish species being pulled out of the same water.

Catfish are also have really really bad eyesight so rely on their other senses to locate and catch prey. Im guessing all the splashing about the smaller fish did attracted the much bigger one.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Catfish are REALLY hardy fish. They'll survive much longer than most of the other fish species being pulled out of the same water.

Catfish are also have really really bad eyesight so rely on their other senses to locate and catch prey. Im guessing all the splashing about the smaller fish did attracted the much bigger one.

I didn't know that, ok I take back what I said. I just felt bad that it was struggling to breathe for so long. I feel like I would try to splash more water on it at least, but I guess that makes sense.

I have no issues with fishing, but I do like that this guy let the catfish go... some giants are so giant they achieve legendary status and deserve to be free imo. one of my favorite movies has this theme, Grumpy Old Men with Walter Matthau

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Those fish will literally eat EVERYTHING. They are pretty voracious eaters and grow pretty fast if there is plenty of food. I make no joke when i say they will eat birds, lizards, snakes, frogs and any other small animals that are able to fit down their mouth if they happen to come across them.

They'll eat dead, decaying or rotting stuff too. The more it smells of death, the quicker they will find it :roll:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Those fish will literally eat EVERYTHING. They are pretty voracious eaters and grow pretty fast if there is plenty of food. I make no joke when i say they will eat birds, lizards, snakes, frogs and any other small animals that are able to fit down their mouth if they happen to come across them.

They'll eat dead, decaying or rotting stuff too. The more it smells of death, the quicker they will find it :roll:

that is wild, I had no idea.

in other news, my friends from the UK sent me pictures of the first frost over the forest yesterday morning, beautiful. I left my hiking boots there too, wish I was there. damn I miss hiking in England.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Been Snowing or its trying too here in the South of England Yes its Snow cause it melts and its not Icelandic volcanic Ash
( :) Ever the optimist :) )

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Bit of snow/frost/white cold stuff here today too, Humber area.

System Name Gamer
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WIFI
Cooling Apogee XL, MCR360, MCP655, Micro-rez
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Red Dragon RX 6800 XT
Storage WD SN850 1TB & SN750 1TB
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" 1440p 144Hz
Case Rocketfish (Lian Li) e-ATX
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon HK695 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GM-750
Mouse HP Gaming wired
Keyboard Logitech G110 wired
VR HMD HP WMR 1440^2
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
its not Icelandic volcanic Ash
You made me check the news to see if it had erupted. Thankfully, it seems it has not done anything yet.
I feel for the folks from that fishing village. No telling when (or if) they will get to go home.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
its unusually warm where I live, we had snow two days ago, but now its warm enough for shorts and tshirt (midwest USA). strange. just got done talking with my friends in England this morning and we all agree I am 100% visiting no matter what in the Spring of next year! i miss England so much!!!!

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Parcelforce letting us down once again, ordered some stuff in preparation for birthday and christmas present. Somehow one parcel got juggled around in the depot which counted it as 2 delivery attempts.
They have now apparently lost one parcel in the depot.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Parcelforce letting us down once again, ordered some stuff in preparation for birthday and christmas present. Somehow one parcel got juggled around in the depot which counted it as 2 delivery attempts.

Typical parcelforce. I dont do business with any company that uses them

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares

Can't be as bad a super shitty hermes/evri

Space Lynx

Astronaut

I only use UPS to ship, with names like Mighty Morphin Parcelforce and hermes which I read as herpes at first, I mean yeah makes sense they are shit really. :roll:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Can't be as bad a super shitty hermes/evri

Ive actually had a better experience with these two compared to parcelforce. Occasionally they'll deliver it to an address of the same door number around the corner instead of my house or the'll be late with their deliveries but they have always been more consistent then PF. Then again every company is at the whims of their staff and having worked at royal mail for years I can tell you that not everyone has the same attitude towards the work or the job as others.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Ive actually had a better experience with these two compared to parcelforce. Occasionally they'll deliver it to an address of the same door number around the corner instead of my house or the'll be late with their deliveries but they have always been more consistent then PF. Then again every company is at the whims of their staff and having worked at royal mail for years I can tell you that not everyone has the same attitude towards the work or the job as others.

Just like with most things, just depends where you live, and the workers that are working that day. I used royalmail before and never had an issue

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just like with most things, just depends where you live, and the workers that are working that day. I used royalmail before and never had an issue

R.M can also be pretty garbage although thats not surprising since ParcelForce are Royal Mail except PF are dedicated to handling the majority of parcels.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Royal mail have been alright 8/10 for me, but parcelforce has always been hit and miss.
DHL has surprisingly been ok,DPD had screwed up once for me.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Royal mail have been alright 8/10 for me, but parcelforce has always been hit and miss.
DHL has surprisingly been ok,DPD had screwed up once for me.

DHL is good in USA too, but about 10x slower than the other carriers, but never had an issue with them.

UPS is my number 1 go to, they cost about 5% more than the other carriers, but its worth the premium, absolutely top notch service/protection/speed, etc.