• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

YassinTheNerd

Can someone please link me the most up-to-date/best folder?
I've seen like 20 download links each with their own set of instructions and I'm not sure about which one to use.

Can someone please link me the most up-to-date/best folder?
I've seen like 20 download links each with their own set of instructions and I'm not sure about which one to use.
Which links to:

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Which links to:
These are latest stock uwp drivers. These are not modded drivers.

YassinTheNerd

Which links to:
Thanks!
This doesn't include the crack for the dolby atmos and the DTS surround sound though.
Is there a link like the one posted at the very beginning of this thread but up to date and complete?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thanks!
This doesn't include the crack for the dolby atmos and the DTS surround sound though.
Is there a link like the one posted at the very beginning of this thread but up to date and complete?
These are the latest stock drivers.
There are two driver modders on these forums here. They are:
DJUrko: This thread is DJUrko's. The First post is usually updated with the user's latest creations.
@Alan Finote thread: Realtek AIO (All-In-One) Driver Mod for Win7, Win8, Win8.1 & Win10 (POST YOUR MODS). The last posts of that thread often links to Finote's latest mod. User recently started with UWP style drivers.

YassinTheNerd

These are the latest stock drivers.
There are two driver modders on these forums here. They are:
DJUrko: This thread is DJUrko's. The First post is usually updated with the user's latest creations.
@Alan Finote thread: Realtek AIO (All-In-One) Driver Mod for Win7, Win8, Win8.1 & Win10 (POST YOUR MODS). The last posts of that thread often links to Finote's latest mod. User recently started with UWP style drivers.
I thought the drivers would be as old as the post but they all seem to be very new, thanks for pointing that out!

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM

Megalodon

Well, then tell me which one to download, and for Dolby Atmos to work in place with Realtek HD Dispatcher?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Well, then tell me which one to download, and for Dolby Atmos to work in place with Realtek HD Dispatcher?
Try the first driver in this thread, it was recently updated.

Megalodon

Will it be the same?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
This is what happened when I upgraded my motherboard from a
ASRock AB350M-HDV to a ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4.
That's Realtek ALC887 to Realtek ALC892.
Drivers/Mixer change from HDA to UAD based.
No more Realtek HD Audio Manager, replaced with Realtek Audio Console (1.3.183.0).
Windows 1903 fresh install.

The bad:
No more loudness control, I could do separate for headphones and external speakers.
No more EQ, also could program separate for each speaker device (output).
No more processor effects, etc.
No more virtual surround for stereo streams, I use this with my PCIe ATSC tuner card.
No longer the ability to choose external speaker or headphones, as two independent devices (output).
I can with the MICs (input).
I have to unplug the headphones when using external speakers, otherwise I will hear them too. Not good when turning things up.
This also gives more wear to the 1/8" jack on my case from plugging/unplugging, instead of redirecting audio per device through software.
I used to be able to do this ALC887 in windows volume countrol. Go back and forth from Headphones to Speakers.
When I try to use spatial sound for headphones, it disables 5.1/7.1 option for external speakers.

The same:
I can set lines in the back for 5.1/7.1 speaker setup.
I can still setup 5.1/7.1 room correction.
That's it.

This is a joke, right?

I can get back some of these options using a mod version of Sound Blaster Connect Cinema 5.
But, I shouldn't have to.

I feel like this is a downgrade.

Not a complaint at these drivers, more towards Realtek.

Well, I'm using these drivers now. https://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/12/realtek-modded-driver.html
And I just upgraded to 6.0.8742.1 over them with this update: https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic/releases
I now have Realtek Audio Console (1.3.184.0), which added "Swap Center / Subwoofer Output" and "Bass Management enhances or redirects frequencies below crossover point..." (I needed this for my Logitech X-540 speakers).

My work around for the switching back and forth between headphones/speakers is to use Sound Blaster Connect/Cinema 5 and unplug headphones when using external speakers. Still wish I could do it the old way...

Seems like the switch to UAD from HDA is still a work in progress from RealTek...

jayf95

Thanks for this @Dj Urko After a few attempts, I eventually got this to install. I have a few bugs to report. Sorry if these have already been reported.
1) Whenever my laptop is plugged in, I get this weird crackling noise in my headphones. It's strange, it only happens when the laptop (asus zenbook x430) is plugged in and is intermittent. It only happens when I'm watching a video or listening to music though, and immediately goes away when unplugged. This issue only occurred after I installed the codec and software.
2) This is a very small issue, but I thought Id let you know. I'm impressed and glad to say that Dolby atmos, dolby home theatre, and dolby digital audio all installed correctly and are working well. However, Nahimic gives me an error saying its incompatible with my audio codec. Sound Blaster Connect says it cant connect to my audio device. DTS Sound works but seems to have no effect on audio.
Thanks again for all your work on this.

What's wrong with me? :(
Reinstalled Windows (1903)...
Installed all drivers\programs - SB Connect - working fine.
About 2 days later, after reboot (without any win. updates or something another) - Sound blaster x720 doesn't work (your audio device cannot be detected).
Aaaaand! I can't repair it =\
Tried GENKga =\
Reinstall with or without internet, with or without antivirus, w\wo defender\firewall...
Just... tried to RESET windows install - nah, not working...
Only full reinstall - working, BUT! After 1 day - some sht...
Soooo, What's Wrong With Me?!

P.S. sorry for my English, writing as i can ^_^

BobaBrett

@Myrkin

Did you turn off your antivirus? you can try to reboot holding shift + restart to get into the advanced reboot menu, then disable driver signature enforcement should be #7 on the menu. Other than that I don't see why even after a windows reformat it would not work.. Good Luck =)

Did you turn off your antivirus? you can try to reboot holding shift + restart to get into the advanced reboot menu, then disable driver signature enforcement should be #7 on the menu. Other than that I don't see why even after a windows reformat it would not work.. Good Luck =)
Yep, i tried this all... Most weird thing is that ONLY clean install of Windows is allows to x720 work...
Another funny fact =\ Tried (just 4 fun) installing windows, and not update any drivers except auto update and modded x720 =\ Was not at home a day and what do you think? after reboot - Sound blaster x720 doesn't work (your audio device cannot be detected). ='/
Ofc no antivirus... Defender=off too.
Is it i am dumb or something wrong with my PC?

Aerisia

None of the archives works, all gives error "archive broken" when I try to open them. The one from Media fire and the one from OneDrive gives the exact same problem. Can you please upload/fix this, so I can extract the folder? Thank you!

EDIT: I could extract the files, but i had to download another software as winrar was not working on this archive.

I followed step by step the guide on the first post, but on my Asus ROG Stirx Scar II is not working. The sound is completely gone. Dolby did not install at all, and all the other control panels are giving me errors when I try to reinstall (i.e. Atmos, DTS), nothing works on my system anymore. I have no idea what I did wrong and how to fix this now :(
HELP!

Last edited:

bidomo

Hello everyone, just got here, did a bit of reading here and there, ready to post my thoughts and cry for help in this matter

Ok, I took my PC to a friend's house, he's got a Yamaha AV with all DTS and Atmos certifications, and the audio directly from my soundcard through the Toslink gives amazing results, but we couldn't get Atmos from a couple games, Resident evil 2 in this case, he told me I needed some Atmos driver, but the mod he pointed me to needed disabling DSE, which didn't make me so happy.

So we started reading a bit, and I got here, installed the DJ Urko drivers (clarification needed as I see people posting Alan's mod in this thread), and I got a bit overwhelmed by everything this driver packs.

So 1st impression was, I didn't quite like it as my audio was distorting and crackling, so started changing settings here and there, opening an App disabled all enhancements, I needed to disable everything from Sound applet, and sometimes things worked some other not, till I noticed an App was misbehaving.

So the DTS Sound App allowed me change my settings, turn it on and off, but this stopped working altogether, only thing I'm able to do is click the Settings cog, and check the about this app, everything else is unresponsive in the GUI, so I just uninstalled it.

Ok next part was checking if this worked with Voicemeeter banana, using the WDM driver is just impossible no matter how big I set the buffer, the audio is totally messed, so I had to try MME, big latency here and there. Then I disabled EVERYTHING and check the actual audio output as it is, tried some games, and there's a very noticeable latency in this audio driver, which I don't know how to fix or where it comes from, that's something I don't really like to be honest and this suddenly becomes a deal breaker to use this driver.
Disabling and enabling stuff seems to fix a couple problems. WMD allows me to use the enhancements, but audio is totally crackling and unpleasant to hear, like if you were tossing the audio to a wood chipper, and MME won't allow enhancements, big latency

So here are my doubts:
Is the driver actually signed or does it require DSE to be disabled to fully work?
Can I get only dolby to work in voicemeeter ?
Could this thread possibly get a makeover ? I feel like there's a lot of new info across the thread but it seems to me the OP hasn't updated the 1st post in a long time
Does this kind of enhancements work with ASIO ??
Is there anything in the middle of the driver introducing a big buffer???

My config is:
Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 itx/ac motherboard with ALC1220
ryzen 7 1700
8GB RAM 2666 (single channel)
Samsung Nvme drive
GTX 1060
Windows LTSC 2019 (1809 build 17763.615)

Using Audio Technica ATH-M40x so enhancements and problems are very clear on the ears, don't have an AV myself

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hello everyone, just got here, did a bit of reading here and there, ready to post my thoughts and cry for help in this matter

Ok, I took my PC to a friend's house, he's got a Yamaha AV with all DTS and Atmos certifications, and the audio directly from my soundcard through the Toslink gives amazing results, but we couldn't get Atmos from a couple games, Resident evil 2 in this case, he told me I needed some Atmos driver, but the mod he pointed me to needed disabling DSE, which didn't make me so happy.

So we started reading a bit, and I got here, installed the DJ Urko drivers (clarification needed as I see people posting Alan's mod in this thread), and I got a bit overwhelmed by everything this driver packs.

So 1st impression was, I didn't quite like it as my audio was distorting and crackling, so started changing settings here and there, opening an App disabled all enhancements, I needed to disable everything from Sound applet, and sometimes things worked some other not, till I noticed an App was misbehaving.

So the DTS Sound App allowed me change my settings, turn it on and off, but this stopped working altogether, only thing I'm able to do is click the Settings cog, and check the about this app, everything else is unresponsive in the GUI, so I just uninstalled it.

Ok next part was checking if this worked with Voicemeeter banana, using the WDM driver is just impossible no matter how big I set the buffer, the audio is totally messed, so I had to try MME, big latency here and there. Then I disabled EVERYTHING and check the actual audio output as it is, tried some games, and there's a very noticeable latency in this audio driver, which I don't know how to fix or where it comes from, that's something I don't really like to be honest and this suddenly becomes a deal breaker to use this driver.
Disabling and enabling stuff seems to fix a couple problems. WMD allows me to use the enhancements, but audio is totally crackling and unpleasant to hear, like if you were tossing the audio to a wood chipper, and MME won't allow enhancements, big latency

So here are my doubts:
Is the driver actually signed or does it require DSE to be disabled to fully work?
Can I get only dolby to work in voicemeeter ?
Could this thread possibly get a makeover ? I feel like there's a lot of new info across the thread but it seems to me the OP hasn't updated the 1st post in a long time
Does this kind of enhancements work with ASIO ??
Is there anything in the middle of the driver introducing a big buffer???

My config is:
Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 itx/ac motherboard with ALC1220
ryzen 7 1700
8GB RAM 2666 (single channel)
Samsung Nvme drive
GTX 1060
Windows LTSC 2019 (1809 build 17763.615)

Using Audio Technica ATH-M40x so enhancements and problems are very clear on the ears, don't have an AV myself
You will have Atmos in nothing using spdif; you are required to connect via HDMI.

bidomo

You will have Atmos in nothing using spdif; you are required to connect via HDMI.

Sadly, this is what I came to learn a couple minutes ago, so I have no real benefit on this driver till I get my hands in an AV.

Thanks for clarifying

Ok, a couple posts ago I said the driver introduced some latency, but it's not the modded driver to blame, I can't get my hands in a realtek driver to keep using with Voicemeeter, nothing helps, my audio crackles even with the buffer set to the max...

then, with latency mon, I noticed all realtek drivers induce some kind of latency and you can't really passthrough with Virtual cables, no matter what, WDM is useless...

Microsoft HD Audio works super well with extremely low sample rates

What a joke

solluisfern

Pls!! Help meee :'( i'm install REALTEK UAD - DCHU SOUND DRIVER , When you open the programs, this happens, none of them works. help me pls u.u

Zerch

Hi

I'm new here, i have a GA-H170 Gaming 3 Mobo, the audio chipset is a Realtek ALC1150 and connected to a Logitech Z906 through Optical cable on a Win 10 latest version fresh install, i've been struggling since 2 years ago that i built my rig with the sound, always getting noises, volume decreases and the like whenever i try to use the 5.1 surround sound, so i did a few days ago a clean install and installed the DJ Urko Realtek HDA Compiler Alan Finote and everything seemed to work fine, i have the Dolby tabs and options enabled, sound is clear and using all speakers, BUT there's an issue that comes and goes and i can't pin point what the hell it is, because it happens randomly, sometimes the audio gets distorted, i don't know how to explain it, it seems to me that is like it "detects" sound is too loud and it tries to "normalize" it, but it gets distorted as if you put your hands to cover the speakers, you can still hear the sound but too low, then starts getting high, then low again, it drives me crazy, i don't know what triggers it, any help?