• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

There is no VRM Temperature sensor in GPU-Z

joesik

Hi dwellers!
Meanwhile in HWINFO64 there is one, in GPU-Z there is none.
The graphic card is ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI

Please, developers, if it is possible, add one, since the sensor is very useful.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. All sensors in settings are turned on

Remember the line in a "Princess Bride" when Indigo Montoya says "You keep saying that word, I don't think it means what you think it means." This is one of those things. For example when my MoBo utility display "MoBo Temp", that is actually a weighted average of several sensors.... soi I don't know what or when i should be concerned about. The problem with these non standard sensors, is we don't always understand what it's measuring. MSI has a feature in their GFX cards for example...

"Another feature is called Hybrid Frozr, and this refers to the ability to control both fans independently. Enabling this functionality is a six-pin fan header on the PCB. In automatic mode, one fan is controlled by the GPU temperature while the other is controlled by temperature measurement ICs dotted around the PCB. "

I have asked about that before on my 5 year old build ... the 780s say 21 and 22C ... is that the hottest point ? is that an average ? i can't judge anything cause i don't know what it is measuring. I asked Asus TS, they didn't know.

joesik

Remember the line in a "Princess Bride" when Indigo Montoya says "You keep saying that word, I don't think it means what you think it means." This is one of those things. For example when my MoBo utility display "MoBo Temp", that is actually a weighted average of several sensors.... soi I don't know what or when i should be concerned about. The problem with these non standard sensors, is we don't always understand what it's measuring. MSI has a feature in their GFX cards for example...

"Another feature is called Hybrid Frozr, and this refers to the ability to control both fans independently. Enabling this functionality is a six-pin fan header on the PCB. In automatic mode, one fan is controlled by the GPU temperature while the other is controlled by temperature measurement ICs dotted around the PCB. "

I have asked about that before on my 5 year old build ... the 780s say 21 and 22C ... is that the hottest point ? is that an average ? i can't judge anything cause i don't know what it is measuring. I asked Asus TS, they didn't know.
VRM sensor is built in GPU, not Mobo? Am I right?