1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 W

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, Aug 1, 2011.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Thermaltake recently decided to join the elite PSU category with high power units that feature equally high efficiency levels. One of the most recent additions in Thermaltake's arsenal is the ToughPower Grand 1200W, which currently is the company's most powerful PSU that meets the 80Plus Gold requirements.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermaltake/TPG-1200M/

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    Rowsol, eunoia, cadaveca and 2 others say thanks.
  2. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    thank you for the awesome PSU reviews :toast:

3. Joe Public

Joe Public

Thanks Received:
    TT really need to pay more attention when they design units and pick OEMs for their premium PSUs. This just doesn't cut it, but I guess they expect people to buy this based on brand name. :/

4. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I was expecting so much more. :(

Question on your testing, specifically for efficiency. I'm not sure if you state in your review if the testing was done on 220V(standard for EU), but I think for the US users we should understand that 120V is less efficient by nature.

Do your reviews cover this 220/120V natural inefficiency? If not, I would strongly recommend including it in the review.

Edit, oh and I'm really glad TPU has added you as a reviewer. I really like reading your work and think TPU's reviews are much better. :toast:

5. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Hey mlee49! On the efficiency and voltage regulation tables I have the avg AC input Volts during the tests. The difference in efficiency now is about 1-1.5% in favor of 230V. I initially chose to test with 230V since the 115V section is already covered by Wolf, Jonny and Paul. However I plan to make some new additions to my methodology in the near future :)

ps. I am very glad too that I work for TPU :)

mlee49, cadaveca and streetfighter 2 say thanks.
  6. hhumas

Thanks Received:
    awesome..... ............

7. dickobrazzz New Member

Thanks Received:
    it looks good, but it isn`t cost so much money, i never trust to TT and this rewiev is one more con to TT for me

8. Nirutbs

Nirutbs

Thanks Received:
    5555+ can not go for ax1200 or HCP1200 but i like TT 1500W ---only 130$--great i got 1.