• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thoughts on Asus P67 Sabertooth?

D

Deleted member 74752

The only negative mb I have tried is the AsRock Extreme 6...just as capable as any but requires horrendous vcore just to boot into Windows. :eek:

D

Deleted member 24505

Heres the big boys playing with the biostar TP67XE-

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1582169

Looks like a good board that biostar.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I've got a board on the way from ASUS, might be the Sabertooth...not too sure what they sent me yet, but I'm hopnig to be able to add something a little more meaty here real soon.

Spectrum

i'm currently at 4.8ghz on the p8p67 pro, but i managed to get 5.2ghz stable a couple days ago

System Name Wirewolf
Processor Core i7 7700K@5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Z270 TUF Mark 1
Cooling EVGA CLC240
Memory 32Gb (4x8Gb) Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 3090 Revel Epic-X
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 500Gb / Toshiba X300 6Tb
Display(s) Viewsonic XG2703-GS 1440p@165hz IPS Gsync
Case Corsair Carbide C400
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm upgrading to a Sandy Bridge cpu soon and was checking out motherboards.

The Asus Sabertooth has me intrigued. I really like the design, and it seems like it would help with cooling as well. Anyone have any comments/thoughts on the board?

I've always gone with Gigabyte in the past, but with Asus offering some nice mobos, along with the visual bios, I might have to go with them this round.

On a side note, I picked up this RAM on sale for $75 off newegg the other day:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345

Looks like it should work fine with the Sabertooth board, and P67 chipsets in general?

Thanks for any help!

I'm late to this party, but still wanted to pitch in how much I love my Sabertooth P67. I've been a big Gigabyte fan as well, but Asus really outdid Gigabyte this round. The hardware itself between both brands is dead even for quality, but Gigabyte has nothing to match against Asus's version of eUFI. Gigabyte uses a hybrid UFI/bios that is primitive compared to the Asus full on eUFI implementation. The Asus eUFI GUI is honestly the slickest thing I've seen in a pre-OS environment yet. I remember a time not so long ago when the OS wasn't even this fancy!

I love the "Thermal Shield" thingy. It does work, and work well. Granted, I'm using an extra 50mm fan in the slot for it, so that's making things a bit cooler. But what I really love is being able to muck about in my tower to change something and not worrying about anything slipping and damaging the motherboard. As a protection from Klutz-itas (the disease of terminal klutziness), it's worth it's cost on that alone. But then getting into the military grade components, I'm ex-military so that appeals to me greatly. All together, the Sabertooth P67 is the nicest all around package yet in a motherboard I've had the pleasure to work with.