• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tkpenalty's [Q1 2008][56k'ers go get ADSL]

Please Rate System

• Total voters

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Gave you a 9 man, its a great job. would gave you a 10 if my mouse wasn't f'ing up.. lol

agreed, and its easy to make a case with neer nothing in it look clean, try doing it with a case thats acctualy full of stuff :)

i vote with Hitsugaya_Toushirou because honestly this isnt that impressive at all, if i pulled out most of the parts in my system i could have it look as clean or cleaner then your layout, but then i wouldnt have hdd space to download or burners to burn.

tpk i have been lurking watching you, you seem to expect everybody to give you 10's and seem to find making pointless threds for your own ammusement in seirous sections to be funny(8800gt vs 3870.....) honestly i have been banned from sites for acting the way you do......

Show us what you got then. If you did not realise in the first place, burners wont really add any clutter at all to my system. Reason? The way I wire it. Another HDD; same story, note how much space the Ultra 120 and the AcceleroS1 take up. Its not really empty. Sorry, but you are just using a rapbag of irrelevant examples. Hitsugaya Toushirou is hitsugaya toushirou, you arent hitsugaya toushirou so its totally irrelevant. You are just using him as an excuse to vote so low, If you hadn't used him and at least had the decency to even post your own system, I wouldnt have gave a damn.

8800GT VS HD3870 was semi serious. First off yes it was a farce but boy didn't we see a lot of information come out of that thread? I know my limits, I know TPU's limits. This isnt another forum with dictator-like mods. This is a forum with caring and understanding mods.

ChillyMyst

seems more like they turn a blind eye to some people posting crap and acting like children more then being kind and caring mods.

as to my case, i have no pix, and i have 4 hdd's 3 sata 1 ide on sata converter, my systems far from being as empty as yours.

like i said its easy to make a system with very little in it look clean and nice, try it with one thats FULL of stuff.

and i got no digital cam, somebody stole that along with a bunch of my older computer parts(anything small and easy to throw in a backpack/box) thankfully they totaly left my working systems alone and didnt jack my samsung u3 audio player :)

if i can find a x64 driver for my webcam i will try and post shots of my wiring, its nothing fancy but it dosnt block airflow :)

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
I gave you a 9. Prob. should be a 10 though, but I will save the 10 for my rig(s). ;) Excellent work though. Wires/cables barley seen. Excellent air flow and a wide open case to work in is always great. :toast:

seems more like they turn a blind eye to some people posting crap and acting like children more then being kind and caring mods.

as to my case, i have no pix, and i have 4 hdd's 3 sata 1 ide on sata converter, my systems far from being as empty as yours.

like i said its easy to make a system with very little in it look clean and nice, try it with one thats FULL of stuff.

and i got no digital cam, somebody stole that along with a bunch of my older computer parts(anything small and easy to throw in a backpack/box) thankfully they totaly left my working systems alone and didnt jack my samsung u3 audio player :)

if i can find a x64 driver for my webcam i will try and post shots of my wiring, its nothing fancy but it dosnt block airflow :)

Its called... logical hardware selection as well. Its not really impressive to have more hardware. I could mount another two HDDs. I have four SATA ports just take in mind. So I'm technically limited to another HDD and burner.

Wel... that really sucks that you got robbed though :ohwell:

"seems more like they turn a blind eye to some people posting crap and acting like children more then being kind and caring mods." *Bunch up* Lets hope they cant hear this but i agree sometimes

ChillyMyst

on click the link in my siggy ;)

As to more isnt alwase better, i agree but its what it is, if i had the $ to buy a couple 1tb hdd's i would but i havent got that kinda $ so i use what i have!!!

please change/remove the link in your sig. Its just utterly disgusts me as to why you have that link there.

ChillyMyst

because its funny seeing reactions of people who click it, manboobs=funny

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Funny... sure, but a bit too far off topic. Tk get some more HDD's already!!!!:rolleyes::laugh:

Hitsugaya_Toushirou

tkpenalty: If that "EDIT: Actually, what reason?" was directed at me, well... I gave my reason in my post and as i mentioned in it as well, "If this is insufficient then ask again in more detail" otherwise i won't know what your looking for.

Also, i'm wondering if i'll be getting a response to my questions, if not i wouldn't mind being informed.

At least this problem is cleared up, now i think i can relax without having to worry about someone despising because of a little vote and opinion. (You did apologies so i'm assuming that i was forgiven...)

Note: In the new pictures i noticed you made some changes, which is quite interesting to see that you tried to improve... But the flash was a little blinding... try to avoid the flash coming back at the camera otherwise we see a white circle on the image.

System Name The Metadis
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asrock B650 RS Pro
Cooling MSI MAG CoreLiquid 360R V2
Memory 32GB G-Skill Trident Z5 Neo 6000mhz CL32
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RX 7900XTX OC 24GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB Gen4 nvme + Sabrent Rocket Pro 500GB Nvme Gen3
Display(s) LG C2 42" 4K 120hz OLED
Case NZXT H6 Flow
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Edition XS - Ifi Zen DAC V2 - 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko 14.6m Planar Diaphragm Drive IEM
Power Supply Seasonic G12 GM - 850W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Corsair M65 ELITE RGB Optical FPS Gaming Mouse (18000 DPI Optical Sensor)
Keyboard Redragon K648 90% Wired Aluminium Mechanical - Rock-Solid Metal Board Built-in Noise Absorbing Foams
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software Windows 11 64-bit
heh more modding TK?? I take it you evolve around clean cases??? 9/10
That beast of a cooler looks simply amazing!

iam going to have to put pics up when I get my new rig up and running :D I shall beat your rig with ease hehe!

tkpenalty: If that "EDIT: Actually, what reason?" was directed at me, well... I gave my reason in my post and as i mentioned in it as well, "If this is insufficient then ask again in more detail" otherwise i won't know what your looking for.

Also, i'm wondering if i'll be getting a response to my questions, if not i wouldn't mind being informed.

At least this problem is cleared up, now i think i can relax without having to worry about someone despising because of a little vote and opinion. (You did apologies so i'm assuming that i was forgiven...)

Note: In the new pictures i noticed you made some changes, which is quite interesting to see that you tried to improve... But the flash was a little blinding... try to avoid the flash coming back at the camera otherwise we see a white circle on the image.

Hmm yeah I've tried several methods. In the second set of photos (the ones you based your votes off) i used one of the SOLO's feet as the flash "disperser" or whatever you call it. Err in these pics i opted for something that wouldnt tint the flash... which was a cotton bud dispenser. Didnt work well though... I reckon a folded tissue would work.. lol. Nah I cant avoid it, the boards too glossy (Same as my case)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
one method i found to help the flash was to shine a lamp at the PC.

Just having higher ambient light reduced the flash effect drastically, so even tho it was there it was a lot less pronounced.

My camera is useless without the flash, for reference - even with the lamp.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
you could try tapping a piece of wax paper over the flash bulb aperture - it can sometimes dilute the brilliance of the flash quite a bit.

asides, nice looking setup, man - very straightfoward and organized.