• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's Nostalgic Hardware Club

System Name The Banshee
Processor Ryzen 5 5600 @ 4.45GHz
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling CM Hyper 212 Plus
Memory 16GB 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CL16 1.35V
Video Card(s) RTX 3060M 6GB @ 1750-2000MHz Core / 1875MHz Mem
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 & 1TB Mass Storage HDD
Display(s) LG 25UM57-P @ 75Hz OC
Case Fractal Design Arc XL
Audio Device(s) ATH-M20x
Power Supply Evga SuperNova 1300 G2
Mouse Evga Torq X3
Keyboard Thermaltake Challenger
Software Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
I believe it was due to the L2 cache that made the Celeron slower, having only 128k opposed to 512k in the P4.

PNY Geforce 4 4600Ti AGP 8872 Ver:200

Still untested. It came with:

*one solid damaged capacitor and a missing Sanyo OS-CON 510uf 4V capacitor which I had to take from another dead Asus GF4 4600Ti. The solid capacitor was replaced with a regular electrolytic one just for testing.
*even if it was tossed and banged, all the little ceramic capacitors stood in their places except one which got resoldered.
*bent bracket and heavily damaged DVI connector.
*brass copper plated heatsink with surface corrosion and blemishes.

It costed 2.2 EUR and the decision to buy it was a no brainer. If it works it will be even better. Otherwise a donor card is always good to have :D

Attachments

• tpu-11.jpg
    tpu-11.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 321
  • tpu-12.jpg
    tpu-12.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 303
  • tpu-13.jpg
    tpu-13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 322
  • tpu-14.jpg
    tpu-14.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 333
  • tpu-15.jpg
    tpu-15.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • tpu-16.jpg
    tpu-16.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 336
  • tpu-17.jpg
    tpu-17.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 347
System Name Adison "Open Space" 19
Processor Intel Pentium II, 350MHz
Motherboard Chaintech 6BTM, Slot 1
Cooling SECC Cartridge
Memory 1x 64MB, PC100
Video Card(s) ATI Rage IIc AGP, Diamond Monster 3DII 12MB
Storage BTC BCD-40XH, Quantum Fireball 3.5 Series, EX6.4 GB
Display(s) LG StudioWorks 57M
Case Adison Midi Tower, ATX
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster 128
Power Supply Codegen 300W
Mouse Genius SlimStar 110, PS/2
Keyboard Genius SlimStar 110, PS/2
Software Microsoft Windows 98
I have one of those Celeron Northwood 2A GHz way back, even at 3GHz it was slower than stock 2GHz Pentium 4 in gaming which I later upgrade to. If I'm not mistaken Celeron line socket 478 lacks floating point unit or something which makes them rubbish for gaming. But they do clock like a champ, and not very that hot as compared to it's bigger brother. I hit 3GHz on stock cooler. Ah, I miss those days overclocking on stock cooler and cheapo PSU. I have Albatron PX845E and PX845G back then, interestingly the 845G performs faster which I suspect it have a better memory controller for its IGP (it have higher actual bandwidth in SANDRA benchmark)

Too bad I already done repasting and cleaning. Thing is my PC being infected by virus and pegged the CPU at 100%. My wife being using it for a bit without noticing, I think that might killed it. I don't know how long its been like that since I rarely using it.

I believe it was due to the L2 cache that made the Celeron slower, having only 128k opposed to 512k in the P4.

Yup, the P4-class Celeron sure is "lost in translation" so to speak. Like I said, the original hard drive was shot, which was (apparently) enough for the previous owner to kick it out. He asked me if I want to take it for free or not, otherwise he was ready to load this thing on the back of his trailer & haul to the nearest recycling center. But really, there's nothing wrong with this thing, apart from the obvious... It's a nice little system that cleaned easily & made quite useful WinXP setup. I'm sure the mobo would (and could) support P4, I even have one or two S478 P4 chips laying around the room, not to mention entire S478 replacement motherboards, but I wanted to keep it within factory specs, as stock as possible.
On a side note, I'm also finishing this Celeron 2.00 system here which I mentioned several times, but never uploaded the pic until now. It started out as just a standard office machine & had a Radeon 9200 inside by default, but I upgraded it to Radeon 9600SE & replaced the RAM with matching pair of two 256 DDR modules. 9600 barely made it inside the custom case, which was obviously not designed for larger expansion cards, so I had to unscrew the screws, standoffs or whatever they are called from DVI port, in order to squeeze the card inside the case & then mount them back into the bracket (and DVI port) once the card was inside. It took me some time to do it, but it was worth it!

So, upgrading the RAM (from 256 to 512MB, DDR266) and swapping out the Radeon 9250 for 9600SE were the only two significant modifications that I've done. And yes, I also replaced the optical drives & more recently the hard drive, but those are not affecting the performance so I didn't bother mentioning them :)

Time for more Athlon 750 & even more games! :)

Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator

Microsoft Flight Simulator 98, this used to be my dad's favorite game :) Also, one of the very few games to be fully adjustable in the terms of graphics, ranging from the older "DOS" look all the way to "modern" design, even featuring 3D accelerated environment & complex models

F22 Raptor

Tomb Raider - The Unfinished Business

Tomb Raider 2

Tomb Raider 2, The Golden Mask

Tomb Raider 3

Tomb Raider 3, Lost Artifact

Tomb Raider 4, The Last Revelation

Tomb Raider 5, Chronicles

Need for Speed II, SE

Oh yeah, I still got it! :D

And so (I'm sorry to say), this is where the problems started out... I was going to boot up NFS 3 Hot Pursuit & NFS 4 High Stakes, but for some odd reason neither of these two games wanted to run on Athlon 750 machine. It simply fades to black when the icon is double-clicked & hangs like that, forever.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm dealing with the sound card issue(s) here, because I've been experiencing loads of other problems, mostly just crackling & echoing in games such as Half-Life for example, Tomb Raider 3 even hanged very similarly to NFS here, but at least the game developers had been kind enough to allow choosing of audio hardware. So I was able to pick the on-board sound for Tomb 3, where the Live! is set for all other games instead! :( Anyhow, moving on... I'll deal with SB Live tomorrow, perhaps I can downgrade the driver?

Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed

Nascar Revolution

Quake

Quake 2

Quake 3 Arena

Quake 3 Team Arena

Dark Colony

Incoming

The Fifth Element

Speed Busters

Overboard!

Screamer 4x4

Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine

Grim Fandango

Curse of Monkey Island

Alas, I STILL can't get super-special 3D SCUMM accelerated environment to work properly :D

Escape from Monkey Island

So... After those last couple of games, I installed few more additional ones, and was just about to wrap it up & call it a success. Apart from that Need for Speed thing of course, as it was still crashing (causing the system to hang actually). However, just as I was touching up on few last bits & pieces, things suddenly went downhill, to the point where I couldn't even boot up Windows 98.

And yes, just as I thought - all these issues turned out to be sound card related, which (after several re-installation attempts, driver tweaks & eventually system format) got replaced for another one. So instead of using chronologically correct CT4830 (1999), I'm now running one of those Dell OEM cards, SB0220 (2003)

Now, here's the weird part... This other card, CT4830 seems to be working perfectly fine. Yes, it was initially crackling & echoing in some games (Half-Life for example), but this fault went away easily - as soon as I downgraded Live driver to the one from 1999, the original LiveWare 3 release. And ALL these other games worked OK, apart from Need for speed. However, I've noticed that the system would sometimes hang upon the POST, boot & hardware recognition and/or would cause Win98 not to boot after NFS hanged & system had to be manually restarted. So the only working solution to get Windows back on the track was to take the entire case apart & physically remove the card from the slot and then shut it down, place it back inside & reboot back into W98 where it would then hopefully work OK again.

So I'm not sure what to think of this... Intermittent electrical signals maybe, failed audio buffer and/or simply a driver issue, incompatibility between the DFI board & SB Live? But here's the real million dollar question - if the card really is shot, then how the heck does it work perfectly fine under most other titles? Yet, at the same time there's that fact of SB Live randomly causing entire system to hang at the POST, which basically screams "hardware fault"... *shrug* IDK, what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
So... After those last couple of games, I installed few more additional ones, and was just about to wrap it up & call it a success. Apart from that Need for Speed thing of course, as it was still crashing (causing the system to hang actually). However, just as I was touching up on few last bits & pieces, things suddenly went downhill, to the point where I couldn't even boot up Windows 98.

And yes, just as I thought - all these issues turned out to be sound card related, which (after several re-installation attempts, driver tweaks & eventually system format) got replaced for another one. So instead of using chronologically correct CT4830 (1999), I'm now running one of those Dell OEM cards, SB0220 (2003)

Now, here's the weird part... This other card, CT4830 seems to be working perfectly fine. Yes, it was initially crackling & echoing in some games (Half-Life for example), but this fault went away easily - as soon as I downgraded Live driver to the one from 1999, the original LiveWare 3 release. And ALL these other games worked OK, apart from Need for speed. However, I've noticed that the system would sometimes hang upon the POST, boot & hardware recognition and/or would cause Win98 not to boot after NFS hanged & system had to be manually restarted. So the only working solution to get Windows back on the track was to take the entire case apart & physically remove the card from the slot and then shut it down, place it back inside & reboot back into W98 where it would then hopefully work OK again.

So I'm not sure what to think of this... Intermittent electrical signals maybe, failed audio buffer and/or simply a driver issue, incompatibility between the DFI board & SB Live? But here's the real million dollar question - if the card really is shot, then how the heck does it work perfectly fine under most other titles? Yet, at the same time there's that fact of SB Live randomly causing entire system to hang at the POST, which basically screams "hardware fault"... *shrug* IDK, what do you guys think?
Nice soundcard, I used to love Creative Live! cards and I never have a rig without Creative cards. DFI boards do have some weird compatibility with some hardware, I remember my DFI NF4X socket 754 have weird compatibility with pair of Corsair XMS module I bought, it won't boot with a pair of them but it will work individually, and both stick both work on all my friend system. I do some ghetto hack where I plug the RAM when the system is running, and some odd times this technique work, the system detect both RAM and I never have any crashes at all. But if I rebooted it won't boot again. I end up trading with my friend generic Apacer RAM so it will boot with two sticks of RAM.

I wanted to blame on the crappy Jamicon capacitor on the card but it looks good physically. I don't see any bulging on them.

Cooling SECC Cartridge
Memory 1x 64MB, PC100
And you're most likely 100% correct... Weird things started to happen even with this other, "new" Live! card. True, it doesn't halt the entire system during the POST but it has tendency to just stop responding & crash the system. Two different cards, both otherwise working perfectly fine, which is hardly a coincidence really.

Either way, at least all of my games seem to be working (so far, still in the process of setting them up), so I'm PROBABLY not going to replace the motherboard for another one. But oh boy, I sure am seriously tempted - it would make my job a LOT easier!

@Apocalypsee Take a look at THIS... This here is the BIOS history & updates for DFI, AK74-EC board. Loads of various issues had already been documented, including the hard drive problem (which I experienced myself), along with Windows Protection errors when using Iomega's ZIP drive, troubles using nVidia's MX cards, etc. (also check out the 1st page for more stuff)

Seriously, this board is completely messed up lol.

Aaand there it is guys, finally done! All the games (except for one) worked fine, and the system is stable enough to be used for retro gaming. In fact, I just scored the 1st place in Hometown, Hot Pursuit mode after evading police along the way in Need for Speed 3, my personal favorite in the entire franchise! :D

So, now that I'm done with software installation, let's talk numbers & benchmarks... According to to 3DMark 99, this particular system scored amazing 3,996 3D Marks.

But here's the interesting part... When comparing these results to my primary retro-gaming rig, (from my profile, RetroMaster 2500) you'll see that two Voodoo2 12mb card(s) in SLI, both scored 3,912 3D Marks!! Surprised? Because I sure am! Remember, this is NOT a Voodoo3, 3000 model - this is the entry model, aka "2000". And to see two Voodoo2 cards get outpowered by the cheapest Voodoo3 card on the market is just .... uhh, unsatisfying to say at least!!

In fact, the only three notable differences between Voodoo2 SLI & Voodoo3 AGP are the "fill" & "fresh" rates, along with 2MB Texture rendering speed. Voodoo2 runs at 60Hz, has the fill rate of 144.2 MTexels/s and the 2MB Rendering speed of 248,8 FPS, where on the other hand Voodoo3 runs at 76Hz, has the fill rate of 138.1 MTexels/s & 2MB Texture rendering speed of 156,0 FPS. However, with that being said DO keep in mind that the Voodoo2 SLI setup was running on much more powerful system, Athlon XP 1800+ with 512MB of DDR400 memory where on the other hand Athlon 750 only has 256MB of SD-DRAM PC100!

Oh well, either way I'm in the process of backing it up on my external HDD, so that I no longer have to worry about SB Live drivers messing up the entire system, when and if I decide to swap the sound card for something better. Until then, I'm just going to leave it as it is, I even kinda like it! It has that nostalgic, retro look, especially with that official 3dfx desktop background ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Apocalypsee Take a look at THIS... This here is the BIOS history & updates for DFI, AK74-EC board. Loads of various issues had already been documented, including the hard drive problem (which I experienced myself), along with Windows Protection errors when using Iomega's ZIP drive, troubles using nVidia's MX cards, etc. (also check out the 1st page for more stuff)

Seriously, this board is completely messed up lol.
Damn, I never seen any motherboard having such extensive BIOS problem, even something as common as nV's MX cards

Cooling SECC Cartridge
Memory 1x 64MB, PC100
Well, TBH most of these issues had been fixed... Hard drive issue (the one I thought, assumed was caused by OEM hard drive) was actually due to BIOS itself, so I flashed AK74 with latest version. Good thing I did, because I totally missed on that Iomega ZIP thing, it would crash Win98 & (the worst part of all), I probably wouldn't know what's causing it :D

But even with all these issues, it's still a good mobo for what it's worth. Took me a lot of time to sort it out (recap all the bulging caps), flash the BIOS & work out the issues with the sound card, but it's mostly stable now ;)

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Came across a couple of brand new Decals, Aopen Case and MSI P4 Mainboard ;)

Cooling SECC Cartridge
Memory 1x 64MB, PC100

Ahhzz

Staff member
My dad and I cleaning the back room and found a bunch of EDO RAM. Let see if we found a working PC, might be good for some old DOS gaming PC. These RAM costs a fortune back then...if they work that is, and if we found the old working PC

edo.jpg

Ahhzz

Staff member
My dad and I cleaning the back room and found a bunch of EDO RAM. Let see if we found a working PC, might be good for some old DOS gaming PC. These RAM costs a fortune back then...if they work that is, and if we found the old working PC

View attachment 93003
I may have a major collection of those upstairs, and I know we have a box of older ram in the shop. If anyone has any requests for purchase, I'd be glad to list what we have :)

System Name BOX
Processor Core i7 6950X @ 4,26GHz (1,28V)
Motherboard X99 SOC Champion (BIOS F23c + bifurcation mod)
Cooling Thermalright Venomous-X + 2x Delta 38mm PWM (Push-Pull)
Memory Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 4x8GB (@3240MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @ 1,48V)
Video Card(s) Titan V (~1650MHz @ 0.77V, HBM2 1GHz, Forced P2 state [OFF])
Storage WD SN850X 2TB + Samsung EVO 2TB (SATA) + Seagate Exos X20 20TB (4Kn mode)
Display(s) LG 27GP950-B
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Motu M4 (audio interface) + ATH-A900Z + Behringer C-1
Power Supply Seasonic X-760 (760W)
Mouse Logitech RX-250
Keyboard HP KB-9970
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Project "Madness" :

PCI section close-up :

Name comes from what it can do :
Native booting of 6 different M$ OS'es :)

Hardware list :
CPU : Core i7 980X (w/BOX cooling)
MB : Rampage II Extreme (BIOS 2101)
RAM : Corsair 3x4GB
GPU1 : GeForce 7800 GTX (Reference)
GPU2 : GeForce GTX 780 Ti (Reference)
SC1 : Aureal Vortex 2
SC2 : Auzen X-Fi Forte
HDD0 : Compact Flash 1GB
HDD1 : WD Raptor 74GB
HDD2 : WD RaptorX 150GB
HDD3 : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe)
Clover "Pendrive" (card reader + microSD) : Sandisk 8GB
PSU : OCZ ZS-750W
Floppy : GOTEK USB Floppy Emulator

System Name BOX
Memory Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 4x8GB (@3240MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @ 1,48V)
Storage WD SN850X 2TB + Samsung EVO 2TB (SATA) + Seagate Exos X20 20TB (4Kn mode)
Display(s) LG 27GP950-B
Mouse Logitech RX-250
Keyboard HP KB-9970
Took a while, but here's video about above PC (with tests on all OS'es) :
Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Scythe Ninja 4
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3000 CL14 (Corsair)
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 3080 @ 1620 MHz @ 0.7V
Storage Crucial MX500 500 GB, SanDisk 3.84 TB SSD, Toshiba X300 6 TB
Display(s) Acer XF270HU, Philips 252B9
Case Corsair Carbide 300R
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Corsair RM850i
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard Cherry Stream 3.0
Software Windows 10 x64
Hello everyone.

This is a very nice thread you have here. I'm a huge fan of retro hardware myself. Perhaps some of you might know me from Vogons or Hwbot. I have been collecting HW for more that 10 years and while I don't get new stuff as often as before, from time to time I can show some nice HW photos... and later maybe even some articles.

You see - I don't only hoard the stuff :D but also benchmark in on Hwbot and what is important - I have plans to create series of GPU and CPU benchmarks and possibly also some comparison of various GPUs image quality (but thats very distant future). Some parts of it are already finished and online on my website, some parts are finished and online elsewhere, written in czech - which very few of you can read I'm sure :) So in time i will translate it and publish on my site. As you can imagine - this is very time consuming and I do it in my free time. So if I say it will take a while you can just read it as "will be ready in few years" :p

I really hope link in my signature and occasional posting of links on forums isn't againts TPU rules. There is no profit for me from running the site... if anything, I must pay to keep it online and of course buy the HW shown there with my own money. So in fact it is rather lossy business. :D
---------------------

Now - let's start slow. Here are photos of Radeon DDR 32MB which arrived recently. This is the first Radeon card, later renamed to Radeon 7200 series. This particular card has a datecode of 2700 - 27th week, year 2000. This is rather early piece - review samples are just a few weeks older. And my other Radeon DDR (64MB VIVO version) is dated 2800.

radeon_ddr_1.jpg

radeon_ddr_2.jpg

System Name BOX
Display(s) LG 27GP950-B
Mouse Logitech RX-250
Keyboard HP KB-9970
System Name Chachamaru-IV | Retro Battlestation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Intel Pentium II 450MHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | MSI MS-6116 (Intel 440BX chipset)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Memory 32GB Corsair DDR4-3000 (16-20-20-38) | 512MB PC133 SDRAM
Video Card(s) nVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 FE | 3dfx Voodoo3 3000
Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 NVME SSD (OS), Toshiba 3TB (Storage), Toshiba 3TB (Steam)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 27" @ 1440p144 & Dell P2312H @ 1080p60
Case SilverStone Seta A1 | Beige box
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Speakers), Creative Zen Hybrid headset | Sound Blaster AWE64
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2 | 250W ASETEC
Mouse Roccat Kone Air| Microsoft Serial Mouse v2.0A
Keyboard Vortex Race3 | Dell AT102W
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | Microsoft Windows 98SE
What you have there is a Creative Sound Blaster AWE64, with a daughterboard that allows the use of standard SIMM RAM in place of Creative's proprietary cache memory, and what looks like a wavetable MIDI addon card utilising the gameport/MIDI connector.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
First, welcome to TPU @havli !!!

Very awesome first post about your collections and website. :respect: :respect:. :respect: :respect:

We are all looking forward to seeing more awesome news and pictures. :rockout:

System Name No name / Purple Haze
Processor Phenom II 1100T @ 3.8Ghz / Pentium 4 3.4 EE Gallatin @ 3.825Ghz
Motherboard MSI 970 Gaming/ Abit IC7-MAX3
Cooling CM Hyper 212X / Scythe Andy Samurai Master (CPU) - Modded Ati Silencer 5 rev. 2 (GPU)
Memory 8GB GEIL GB38GB2133C10ADC + 8GB G.Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBXL / 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000
Video Card(s) Asus R9 Fury X Strix (4096 SP's/1050 Mhz)/ PowerColor X850XT PE @ (600/1230) AGP + (HD3850 AGP)
Storage Samsung 250 GB / WD Caviar 160GB
Display(s) Benq XL2411T
Audio Device(s) motherboard / Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro + Front panel
Power Supply Tagan BZ 900W / Corsair HX620w
Mouse Zowie AM
Keyboard Qpad MK-50
Software Windows 7 Pro 64Bit / Windows XP
Benchmark Scores 64CU Fury: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11269229 / X850XT PE http://www.3dmark.com/3dm05/5532432
System Name BOX
Display(s) LG 27GP950-B
Mouse Logitech RX-250
Keyboard HP KB-9970
What you have there is a Creative Sound Blaster AWE64, with a daughterboard that allows the use of standard SIMM RAM in place of Creative's proprietary cache memory, and what looks like a wavetable MIDI addon card utilising the gameport/MIDI connector.
Yup.
To be precise, it's CT4390 AWE64 Gold with Dreamblaster X2 Wavetable board connected via MPU-401 adapter on top of attached SIMMConn Revival "Gold" adapter (32MB SIMM memory installed).

In practice Dreamblaster module isn't necessary (since upgraded MIDI on AWE64 is awesome), however I wanted to show what I got :)
Here's more realistic use of X2 :

How card looked before :

@uuuaaaaaa Glad you like it.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Scythe Ninja 4
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3000 CL14 (Corsair)
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 3080 @ 1620 MHz @ 0.7V
Storage Crucial MX500 500 GB, SanDisk 3.84 TB SSD, Toshiba X300 6 TB
Display(s) Acer XF270HU, Philips 252B9
Case Corsair Carbide 300R
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Corsair RM850i
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard Cherry Stream 3.0
Software Windows 10 x64
Very nice board! I like the socket position - doesn't block long ISA cards. Also it is using CR2032 battery, no risk of acid damage. :)

It was dirt cheap. I found it at the flea market. Before me, someone else bought more of these type of boards for gold recovery. If only I went sooner there....

An ASUS is still an ASUS. I like this board to bits and it made me want to have more VLB/ISA motherboards. I couldnt believe my eyes CR2032 and no PCI slots. NICE!!! :D PS/2 comes as standard :)

Attachments

• asus 486-2.jpg
    asus 486-2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 413
System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro