- May 31, 2014
- 8 (0.00/day)
Is it the same error or something else?
They aren't going to repack the same size because...
1) I eliminate fragmentation (1/8 the size of the file system).
2) I eliminate residual data (in Lua.hpk, that is 1029 bytes).
3) I don't necessarily compress the same file types.
4) I have a minimum file size for compressing.
5) I added _filedates which preserves the "last modified" time.
Anyway, I did more tinkering (none of it should have impacted the file size) but I get 3,718,144 bytes, not "3,667,848 bytes." I'll upload it (1.0.9) shortly.
I've used v.1.0.9 to repack Lua.hpk, and again Tropico 5 failed to launch. I've captured software breakpoint under debug:
842702: Software breakpoint exception (exc.code 80000003, tid 2156) Debugged application message: [LUA ERROR] Attempt to use an undefined global 'TerrainTextures' --- end of stack
At that part of code where this exception thrown, there must already run second app thread for lua, but its not.
Lua.hpk after repack has 3 667 757 bytes, that size defference from you've got on your system is weird, i'm using Win 8.1 maybe there some zlib implementation changes .