• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TS Bench and Limits

Worthis

Hello, i ran ts bench in order to see the limit tab and see if there's a problem ,while the test was running , a few tabs started flashing red n yellow in the limit section , below are my settings:
1651193134316.png

1651192693800.png

1651192736173.png
1651192766972.png

(same voltages for cache) . So, i was wondering if there's something i can do to prevent those errors from occuring in the limit tab?Thanks

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
prevent those errors
I do not consider boxes lighting up red in Limit Reasons as errors. This is just informing you why your CPU is not running at its full rated speed.

Your ThrottleStop screenshot shows one core peaking at 83°C while the core beside it is peaking at 98°C. Some variation from core to core is normal due to sensor error. The temperature sensors that Intel uses are typically only accurate to +/- 5°C so it is possible that one sensor reads too high while the one beside it reads too low. When the difference is more than 10°C, I would think about doing some surgery and replacing the thermal paste. That might help with the temps. The hottest core triggers throttling of all of the cores so that is why it is a good idea to try to find out why one core is running much hotter compared to other cores nearby. Your heatsink might not be perfectly flat. There might always be one core hotter than the other cores because of this.

If you want to get rid of TVB throttling then clear the Thermal Velocity Boost box in the FIVR window.

If you want less heat then you have to improve cooling or you can lower the turbo ratio limits to slow your CPU down. A slower CPU will produce less heat at the expense of lower performance. You can also lower the turbo power limits to accomplish the same thing. You will have to test to see what is best.

I would check the MMIO Lock box because Intel CPUs really do not need to have two separate sets of turbo power limits. The main MSR power limits are adequate.

Worthis

I do not consider boxes lighting up red in Limit Reasons as errors. This is just informing you why your CPU is not running at its full rated speed.

Your ThrottleStop screenshot shows one core peaking at 83°C while the core beside it is peaking at 98°C. Some variation from core to core is normal due to sensor error. The temperature sensors that Intel uses are typically only accurate to +/- 5°C so it is possible that one sensor reads too high while the one beside it reads too low. When the difference is more than 10°C, I would think about doing some surgery and replacing the thermal paste. That might help with the temps. The hottest core triggers throttling of all of the cores so that is why it is a good idea to try to find out why one core is running much hotter compared to other cores nearby. Your heatsink might not be perfectly flat. There might always be one core hotter than the other cores because of this.

If you want to get rid of TVB throttling then clear the Thermal Velocity Boost box in the FIVR window.

If you want less heat then you have to improve cooling or you can lower the turbo ratio limits to slow your CPU down. A slower CPU will produce less heat at the expense of lower performance. You can also lower the turbo power limits to accomplish the same thing. You will have to test to see what is best.

I would check the MMIO Lock box because Intel CPUs really do not need to have two separate sets of turbo power limits. The main MSR power limits are adequate.
I see, thank you