• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Tt Soprano

B

Byro

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD 5200+ 2.6GHz @ 3.0GHz
HIS X1950XT ICEQ3 Turbo
OCZ Platinum Rev.2 2GB Kit
ASUS M2R32-MVP Crossfire Mobo
Western Digital 250GB SATA2 16mb HDD
Samsung SATA DVD-RW Drive
Thermaltake tr-2 500Watts PSU
Thermaltake Soprano DX Case.
Cooling: 1X120mm 1x140mm AC Freezer 64Pro CPU cooler
Other Stuff: Logitech G5 Laser Mouse, Logitech G15 Keyboard, Logitech Z-10 Speakers, Logitech USB 250 Headset. (Soon to be Sennheiser PC-161 Headset)

Mods:
Added 2 X 12" Blue cathodes to the bottom for under glow, looks awsome, After market CPU Cooler, Cable Management. comming soon is a Blue 5LED Laser light for additional lighting. Might place it under HDD or under media card reader to light up either udner vid card, or light fan blades of cpu cooler.

Recently OC'ed to 3.0GHz, 15 Hours p95stable on both cores. 250x12, CPU-z Validation: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=252727

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent job, done okay, but just with the wires, dont let them be so loose in terms of cable management.

System Name Stealth 2 Duo Turbine
Processor Intel e6850 @ 3.8ghz
Motherboard Asus Striker Extreme
Cooling CoolerMaster V8 Modded With 2 white LED's & 100CFM fan
Memory OCZ DDR2 1066_ SLI Black-4GB
Video Card(s) 2xMSI 8800GT"s SLI
Storage <<HDD For OS>> 2x150GB_Western Digital Raptor_Raid 0. <<HDD For Storage>> 3 x 1TB
Display(s) ACER B273HU 27" LCD 2048x1152
Case Apex SuperCase_Custom 7 month Build
Audio Device(s) Striker Extreme Add-In Card HD-Audio
Power Supply EnerMax INFINITI 720watt
Software SE7VEN ULTIMATE 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark01=NTTA, 3Dmark06=NTTA 3Dmark_Vantage=NTTA, Core Temp v0.99.5=28C
Decent job, done okay, but just with the wires, dont let them be so loose in terms of cable management.

Wires Wires Wires, As long as there computers there's going to be Wires, I'm really getting tired of ppl getting downed for a decent Wire management. I mean The wire management on this system is not that bad for someone to say something about it. Sure it's not perfect but you can look at it and see time was taken.I LOL when the ppl saying bad things about wire management have bad wire management them selfs, and for that I'm giving this dude a 10/10.

System Name Stealth 2 Duo Turbine
Processor Intel e6850 @ 3.8ghz
Motherboard Asus Striker Extreme
Cooling CoolerMaster V8 Modded With 2 white LED's & 100CFM fan
Memory OCZ DDR2 1066_ SLI Black-4GB
Video Card(s) 2xMSI 8800GT"s SLI
Storage <<HDD For OS>> 2x150GB_Western Digital Raptor_Raid 0. <<HDD For Storage>> 3 x 1TB
Display(s) ACER B273HU 27" LCD 2048x1152
Case Apex SuperCase_Custom 7 month Build
Audio Device(s) Striker Extreme Add-In Card HD-Audio
Power Supply EnerMax INFINITI 720watt
Software SE7VEN ULTIMATE 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark01=NTTA, 3Dmark06=NTTA 3Dmark_Vantage=NTTA, Core Temp v0.99.5=28C
I voted 10/10 because:

Wires Wires Wires, As long as there computers there's going to be Wires, I'm really getting tired of ppl getting downed for a decent Wire management. I mean The wire management on this system is not that bad for someone to say something about it. Sure it's not perfect but you can look at it and see time was taken.I LOL when the ppl saying bad things about wire management have bad wire management them selfs, and for that I'm giving this dude a 10/10.

System Name NOS
Processor Core Extreme QX6850
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling VANTEC STING RAY CPU Block, 3x120mm fan's with Radiator, Seltz 1200lt/h
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix 1066MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) PCI-express ATI Radeon HD2900XT 1GB DDR4 512bits
Storage 5 HD's 160GB SATAII Seagate ST3860815AS 7200.10
Display(s) LG 22'' model 22LS4R
Case 3Rsystem's R810 with mod's for watercooler system
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX II
Power Supply ULTRA X3 1000W modular PSU
Software WINXP PRO SP3 x86
9/10

wires wires wires yes!!! is important to do a cable management!,

If most ppl dont know cable management is a important thing, its really easy put a mobo inside a case and came here saying LOOK AT MY CASE!!!!! and obviously we enter and saw many wires around the system and try to imagine if one wire drop inside a cooler try to imagine what kind of thing could happen with u marvelous rig and a case moder ( a experient case moder) spent more 1 hour or day to this cable management and put here descent snaps, dosent matter if the cable management was incorrect here, we can help the future case modder giving them a example of job and hobby whe do.

and i give 9 because its strange to see many stickers in a cpu cooler and i like stickers but in a correct place.

see and vote in my case http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/1034.html

bye ;)

B

Byro

Neo I already rated your case a 10 :p Thanks for comments, only thing really is I got lazy near the bottom the SATA's werent co-operating so i was just liek F*** It I wanna get this done lol. Anywho that p4 cable is a biatch theres nothing to tie it too and its on a weird spot on mobo to do any kind of hiding otherwise I would of. Oh and stickers, I put em there cuz I didnt want them on my case, I like how case looks without stickers! :)

System Name NOS
Processor Core Extreme QX6850
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling VANTEC STING RAY CPU Block, 3x120mm fan's with Radiator, Seltz 1200lt/h
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix 1066MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) PCI-express ATI Radeon HD2900XT 1GB DDR4 512bits
Storage 5 HD's 160GB SATAII Seagate ST3860815AS 7200.10
Display(s) LG 22'' model 22LS4R
Case 3Rsystem's R810 with mod's for watercooler system
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX II
Power Supply ULTRA X3 1000W modular PSU
Software WINXP PRO SP3 x86
Neo I already rated your case a 10 :p Thanks for comments, only thing really is I got lazy near the bottom the SATA's werent co-operating so i was just liek F*** It I wanna get this done lol. Anywho that p4 cable is a biatch theres nothing to tie it too and its on a weird spot on mobo to do any kind of hiding otherwise I would of. Oh and stickers, I put em there cuz I didnt want them on my case, I like how case looks without stickers! :)

i Saw that u SATA cables arent co-operate with u, but tell me how long the cables are like 45 cm, 60 cm? i use in my rig 45 cm Sata and i unidifie all with a nylon belt if u look closer u can see them
but now i fix the problem with my hard driver and the apearance change i will snap a closer for sata cables and i will send u

bye

Last edited:

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
Wires Wires Wires, As long as there computers there's going to be Wires, I'm really getting tired of ppl getting downed for a decent Wire management.

You really are cranky when you're tired, maybe you should go to bed.

As for the whole cable management malarkey, I'm in total agreement with TK and Neohazard. It really is important, not just for air flow, but for aesthetically value. Especially if you're going to be showing your rig off in a open voting arena. You're asking for people's critique, if you can't handle that then don't post. People wouldn't be stating things like Cable management if they didn't find it important. I wouldn't (and won't be just yet) upload(ing) my rig for mainly this reason (and the fact I don't have a digital camera).

I've voted 6/10 as it looks good, I like the colour scheme of the case, few things mark it down, such as the stickers on the heatsink and the cable management. I'm not really one for large ATX cases, especially when they're rather empty, but that would change over time I expect. I'm really harsh on my critique, but that's just how I am, I'm honest.

The components on the other hand are excellent, which is where most of your score from me comes from. ^^

Last edited:
B

Byro

Innocent, I agree there are areas to improve but you cannot say that the wires how they are affect airflow what so ever in my case, only cables you can basically actually see are at the bottom touching the bottom, but I could to better with the wires in the bottom, if I took an extra maybe 30 mins or so, which I did not have just needed to get it done at the time. Neo: My sata cables are same size, the one for DVD drive though is to short for making it go behind the mobo, if i just went straight to mobo there wouldn't have been a problem but i tried to hide it and it just was not long enough for that, the harddrive one is fine and the e-sata one worked the best as it was really long and it came up from under and plugged in without needing to be rotated, so it looks great, the other two on the other hand had to be spun around so the cord is curled. anywho I got the 5-led laser light in now ended up attaching it to harddrive cage just outta sight, window stops right before it and it shines up the etched words on window nicely.

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
Byro said:
Innocent, I agree there are areas to improve but you cannot say that the wires how they are affect airflow what so ever in my case, only cables you can basically actually see are at the bottom touching the bottom, but I could to better with the wires in the bottom, if I took an extra maybe 30 mins or so, which I did not have just needed to get it done at the time.

I didn't once say the way you have your cables are affecting the air-flow in your case, they do have a slight impact in most cases (no pun intended) but for me it was mainly the aesthetics of the whole thing. You've got a good set up, but the downfall (and my harsh critique) was the fact you haven't, or from what you've said, didn't have enough time to put the effort into routing them and making them tidier. Improving upon the whole look.

I like tidy, neat boxes, sorry if my comments burn.