• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TV World N00B

When I stream anything it's usually done at my PC, it's where I spend most of my day, but during COVID I was confined for bed rest on and off for a total of 90 days. Wifie had installed a Firestick and I was able to do all navigation rather simply ....

A. Pick my HDMI Source...1) Cable or 2) Firestick
B. Use the TV remote to control everything

At night I was still using my lappie to stream everything but after that died, went back to the TV ...and all was fine for about 2 months. Last week it stopped working and I have to got to the Firestick control which is a PITA, especially since I use it rarely and there's a re-learning process. The Samsung Smart TV Model No., if it's relevant is UN48J5200AFXZA. It's old in model years but has seen very infrequent usage. Did some web searching and most of the responses said "it's done automatically". If any of you Home Video fols can suggest a fix, would be most appreciated

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Research about HDMI CEC; it is the feature that transmits control (like turn on, play, pause, etc.) signals from one HDMI device to another.