• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

UEFI vBIOS Radeon HD 6970

I'm retired...but happened to be in the neighborhood.

Try this. No guarantees. It's the rom from post #1 that I added the latest pre-Vega UEFI GOP to. I couldn't do anything with the rom from post #23.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...if it doesn't work, try with secure boot disabled. Sometimes that matters.

Attachments

• XFX 6970 UEFI.zip
    97.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
#23 my mod vbios work.
him need corrections?
If it ain't broke...don't fix it. In case that doesn't translate, if it's working it doesn't need any corrections. I wasn't able to update the UEFI GOP module in it with the tool I have. But it doesn't need to have the latest version to function correctly.

Lbe

What is responsible for setting the fan speed?
When the card is fully loaded, the cooler does not turn above 39%.
Is it somewhere programmed?

What is responsible for setting the fan speed?
When the card is fully loaded, the cooler does not turn above 39%.
Is it somewhere programmed?
Typically, the SpeedFanControl command table in the vBIOS. You can edit it manually(if you know what to edit to get the results you desire). Or you can use the Fan settings in RBE to change things. Some older cards use a fixed fan speed, with no control. I don't know if that's applicable to your card or not. It doesn't look like it is. According to the fan "curve" in the vBIOS, 65°C is the set point for 39% fan speed(so far as I can tell). So if that's where the card is maxing out temp wise, that makes sense. If not, then I don't know what's going on with that.

Here's where the SpeedFanControl table is.
6970 SpeedFanControl Command Table.PNG

Here's the Fan throttle control settings in RBE.
RBE Fan Settings.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Lbe