• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unknown device problem

TorreyE

on Intel(R) H67 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller - 1C4A

I built this system using an Intel DH67CL motherboard and an Intel i5 processor. It appears to run normally, but I haven't suceeded in getting rid of this error message.

I have updated all drivers, but still get this message in device manager. Anything else I should be doing?

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
its probably the Intel management engine device

the best way to find out more information about "unknown devices" is to right click the item in device manager, click properties > go to details and select hardware id's

"VEN_XXXX" is the vendor information for the certain part and "DEV_XXXX" is the device ID number

very simply just take out the 4 didget code "XXXX" after each identifier and plug them into this website http://pcidatabase.com/

for example if i have "VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A" the vendor would be Intel and the part would be "Intel Management Engine Interface " under chip description on the website

i've included a picture as well to help locate the area your looking for, hope this helps

TorreyE

It's looking like the

I am most grateful for your advice. It's looking like the Intel management engine device is the culprit, but I don't seem to be able to replace it.

When I went into device manager properties/Details/Hardware Ids for the unknown device I got this
ACPI\NTN0530
*NTN0530

When I googled those, I didn't find much that made any sense to me, so I located, downloaded and ran as administrator the update for the Intel management engine device. I got this:
Capture1.JPG

Oooops, sorry it is so small. What the error message says is that "the setup program failed to start one or more application processes. Setup will exit."

Where do you suggest I go from here? Can I get there from here?

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
I am most grateful for your advice. It's looking like the Intel management engine device is the culprit, but I don't seem to be able to replace it.

When I went into device manager properties/Details/Hardware Ids for the unknown device I got this
ACPI\NTN0530
*NTN0530

When I googled those, I didn't find much that made any sense to me, so I located, downloaded and ran as administrator the update for the Intel management engine device. I got this:
View attachment 48846

Oooops, sorry it is so small. What the error message says is that "the setup program failed to start one or more application processes. Setup will exit."

Where do you suggest I go from here? Can I get there from here?

Follow this link and install the intel INF drivers, it should fix your problem

intel INF

TorreyE

I ran the INF update utility and it appeared to complete normally. I rebooted, but still had the unknown device error, so I tried running the management engine device update again and it hung at creating process UNS.exe - I let it run 2 hours and device manager indicated CPU usage was 25% (the processor is 4 core), so it looked like it hung in a loop.

It seems to me that I had this problem with an earlier machine with a different motherboard and a core 2 duo processor.

I thank you for your help, but I guess I will just live with it. As far as I can tell, the unknown device is not creating a problem. I just wish I knew what it is.