• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DarkFlash DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
DTS removed??

Yes. It was causing problems in some 24-bit playback formats.

DTS removed??

For now, it is only with PCEE4 Test and SRS Premium Sound. Later I'll include Sonic Focus.

Hi guys, New Release Driver Version 6.0.1.8176

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/EBuKavjk/file.html

NEW: REMOVED DTS; ADDED SONIC FONUS (SUCCESSFULLY)

FIXES:
FIXED PROBLEM RELATED BY @itachimendes & @Jimmy9303, WHERE SOME FORMATS CONSISTED OF NOT SUPPORTED BY DEVICE.

I HOPE YOU TO MAKE GOOD DEAL. MY INTENTION IS JUST TO HELP.

IF YOU WANT IT, PLEASE SEND APO SUGGESTIONS SO THAT I WANT TO INCLUDE THIS AUDIO PACKAGE.

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,333
Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
ok... I'll try tomorrow! but is very hard for me because I use optical only :rolleyes:
but I will use some headset for test

@Alan Finote

Thank you for this mod :), it sounds, but I have none of Sonic Focus :(

Must I upgrade to Creators Edition?

Edit: Sorry, I have the wrong link downloaded :(

Now test the Sonic link

Edit 2: The problem persists, no SF in my tab

Attachments

• SRS Dolby.jpg
    SRS Dolby.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,063
Last edited:
For now, it is only with PCEE4 Test and SRS Premium Sound. Later I'll include Sonic Focus.

so DTS DDL removed from windows audio, realtek panel ? I think that's bad idea.

what is sonic focus? is it like spatial sound in windows sonic sound for headphone?

Last edited:
System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
@Dj Urko
where are your mod??? pls...i need ddl & dts connect!
and if possible....MATRIX ProLogic (like a soundblaster z)

vortexmak

So is this driver needed anymore. I am on Windows 10 with the stock Realtek driver for the ASRock Z87 motherboard.
I am able to set 5.1 output mode and the receiver is able to detect the DTS output. I didn't even need to open the Realtek application

I do not want DTS DDL removed. I tried files in post #2236, #2242 and tried steps in #2245, all end up no DDL DTS in windows audio realtek panel.

what is wrong here?

The driver modification for just DDL and DTS default formats for 5.1 surround sound through Optical output, like in the original post, with working instructions on pg 37, was mainly only meant for motherboards that were not given the license to use them, even though they have the hardware to do so. Almost everything other than that is unneeded crap, imo.

The driver modification for just DDL and DTS default formats for 5.1 surround sound through Optical output, like in the original post, with working instructions on pg 37, was mainly only meant for motherboards that were not given the license to use them, even though they have the hardware to do so. Almost everything other than that is unneeded crap, imo.

Yes this is for optical. I do not know how Alan Finote work on those things, and those things work for himself while not work for all people, maybe he is using latest hardware. Lots of people want this tweak are using older hardware. But those file are posted to share then we make to make it to work.

Hi. I'm new here and inexperienced. I don't know if this is on topic, but here's my issue:

I have an "ASUS H170 Pro Gaming" Motherboard with the ALC 1150 codec. And a 5.1 audio system connected analog (3 jacks to 6 RCAs).
The 6 channel sources, like movies or games, sound nice and clear on all speakers like they should. But stereo sources, like music, are played on the Front speakers only. Now, we all know about Speaker Fill which upmixes stereo to 5.1. But when I activate it, the sound emitted from the Rear speakers is low and very distorted and there's almost no bass.

I don't know if this is normal, because before I had a VIA HD VT1708S codec (ASUS P5QL/EPU Motherboard). With this codec, when enabling Speaker Fill, it worked perfectly. All speakers had clear sound, and good bass. So I don't know how a 10 year old codec can upmix perfectly, while the new codec can't. I was really disappointed.

I tried these unlocked drivers to enable DTS, Dolby, SRS. But they do exactly the same thing as Realtek's Speaker Fill. Then I thought perhaps these unlocked things work only with an optical cable, and NOT with analog. I haven't read all 91 pages of this thread obviously, so I'm not sure about this.

The only solution I found is to remap the jacks in regedit, meaning to set the Rear and Center/Subwoofer as Front. More details here: https://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/ . Works with the 6.0.1.7543 driver.

But when I want to play a game, I have to remap back and restart every time. So this is not the best solution.

So, is there any way I can make Speaker Fill work perfectly like my old audio codec?

Also, how does the newest ALC 1220 codec behave?

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
hahahahahah just came back here to check out how pathetic this all became ..removing DTS???? when DTS and DDL are the main reason of existence of this post ...o boy!! I went through last 3 or 4 pages I had such a good laugh..please continue it becomes very entertaining :D

OK Guys, I've found a pretty good alternative to all these "unlocked" stuff - and it works great! Dolby Home Theater v4. The sound it incredible. I have tried it with monitor's headphone port (via Displayport from GPU) and speakers, and the analog speakers and front panel headphone port on chassis. I could use a little of the srs trubass though. But the bass isn't bad at all. All in all I'm quite satisfied. I don't know if it's legal to share it (or use it, for that matter). But do search for it if you are interested.

View attachment 89014

I use this approach too...I don't even have realtek anything but using this I can get dolby digital live through the HDMI port of my nVidia graphics card. Have been using it for years and still using it in Windows 10 fully updated...

In order to get 5.1 in games I still have to patch xaudio2 dll files or I will only get stereo dolby digital which defeats the whole purpose.

Last edited:

Pickles

I use this approach too...I don't even have realtek anything but using this I can get dolby digital live through the HDMI port of my nVidia graphics card. Have been using it for years and still using it in Windows 10 fully updated...

In order to get 5.1 in games I still have to patch xaudio2 dll files or I will only get stereo dolby digital which defeats the whole purpose.

Could you provide directions on how to do this?

I am building a PC for my living room. My Vizio 5.1 sound bar has HDMI but doesn't support multichannel lpcm. I could use optical, but I would prefer to use the HDMI connection.

Already tested all the drivers from v6.0.1.8158 through v6.0.1.8199 patched with Pihto's unlocker. DTS not working so far on any of them (DDL working on all of them). @Pihto, any hint?

System Name barely hangin on...
Processor Intel I5 4670K @stock
Motherboard Asus H81m-cs (nothing else available now)
Cooling CM Hyper 212X (in push-pull)
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RX 580 4GB Dual
Storage WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Display(s) Acer KG241QP 144Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III (Transparent side panel) - illuminated with NZXT HUE RGB
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K>Boom 3D>ATH M50/Samson SR850/HD599SE
Power Supply Corsair RM 850
Mouse Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
Software 7-64bit MBR, 10-64bit UEFI (Not Multi-boot), VBox guests...

Could you provide directions on how to do this?

I am building a PC for my living room. My Vizio 5.1 sound bar has HDMI but doesn't support multichannel lpcm. I could use optical, but I would prefer to use the HDMI connection.

DDigital-hdmi.jpg

I my case the Dolby Digital via HDMI is listed but says "not supported" (supported via s/pdif which I'm not using). The maximum quality is also restricted to 48KHz, 16bit instead of the 192KHz, 24bit via the analog speakers and Front panel Headphone out. The monitor's sound is really terrible even through headphones, so I'm using the analog stuff and they are just fine. After my HiFi speaker's AMP got burnt, I bought this Audio Technica ATH M50 headphone and been using it for pretty much everything except when browsing or watching YouTube stuff, and I think only a VERY high-end 5.1+ external speaker system will be able to match it's sound quality and even directional audio during gaming. As a matter of fact, I think I have been having a better gaming experience with these compared to my previous multi-channel setup with external speakers. The only problem is that the ears get hot and uncomfortable after a couple of matches (15-20mins long each).

Already tested all the drivers from v6.0.1.8158 through v6.0.1.8199 patched with Pihto's unlocker. DTS not working so far on any of them (DDL working on all of them). @Pihto, any hint?

Try doing it manually with the instructions on Pg 37 instead, and make sure your Windows is completely up to date.

Try doing it manually with the instructions on Pg 37 instead, and make sure your Windows is completely up to date.

Thanks for the hint.

I've been doing it manually with the instructions since then, but after v6.0.1.8152 DTS does not work anymore with the patch from @Pihto . As previously said, all versions up to v6.0.1.8152 (included) works with these instructions.

My Windows version is up to date.

BR

Thanks for the hint.

I've been doing it manually with the instructions since then, but after v6.0.1.8152 DTS does not work anymore with the patch from @Pihto . As previously said, all versions up to v6.0.1.8152 (included) works with these instructions.

My Windows version is up to date.

BR

The filed on page 37 modified 275 only include 1 file. we suppose to change 2 files? need to put system32/drivers too ?

Nope only the 1 file in system32 (make sure the dll doesn't say it's blocked in the General tab of its properties, since it's from a different computer) and do the registry edit and reboot again. This still works with the R2.81 drivers from the Realtek website. It gets you Dolby and DTS default formats for Optical. (Again, they will only appear in the windows audio device Advanced properties, not the Realtek Audio Manager)

Nope only the 1 file in system32 (make sure the dll doesn't say it's blocked in the General tab of its properties, since it's from a different computer) and do the registry edit and reboot again. This still works with the R2.81 drivers from the Realtek website. It gets you Dolby and DTS default formats for Optical. (Again, they will only appear in the windows audio device Advanced properties, not the Realtek Audio Manager)

I thought you need modify 2 files and do you need patch realtek audio manager to have DTS and dolby besides windows audio, because they have to set to same.

Of course the R2.81 will work, as it is R4.54, pretty old driver (older than v6.0.1.8152, which is one of the first R4.60)

Well it's the latest one on their website, so that's the one I direct to. Especially since it works.