• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

ziplock9000

Hi!
I Created an account just to help the ones that didn't sauced in unlocking DDL and DTS interactive.

It is quite Simple:
1. Install preferred Driver version. (the one that you already have installed might also work (I tested 2,70, 2,72, 2,79 with success)

2. a) If you have Win 64 Bits go to Windows\System32\ and look for RtkAPO64.dll or RltkAPO64.dll ( you will find only one, depending on driver version. As you can see one has extra "l" )
b) If you are running x86 win look for the file RtkAPO.dll or RltkAPO.dll - Didn't test this but should work the same as 64 bits

3. Rename the file by adding a bak at the end (eg RtkAPO64.dllbak)

4. Get the unlocked file 64 or 32 bits depending on your Win version : (I used this one form post 473) Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 64 bit - R2.75 A1: http://rghost.net/8LJCkFHyS

5. Copy the dll file to Windows\System32\ . Be careful to give it the correct name depending on what you found initially in System 32 with/without extra "l"

5 Regedit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.

6. Restart
You should now have working DDL and DTS .

Don't have to turn on test mode or driver signature enforcement.
Hope it helps!

PS: In Windows 10 unlock works the same way but there is no sound in DDL or DTS. I am 99% sure that the lack of sound is not related to the unlock but it is a windows or driver problem.

You'll find that an extra step is needed for this to work in all games which involves patching directX files. I mentioned this a few steps back.

I'm unsure how this would work for Windows 10 and DX12.

Andrei

I did't do any patching of Directx and it works in all games except Far Cry 4 (but this one is known to have problems)

ziplock9000

I did't do any patching of Directx and it works in all games except Far Cry 4 (but this one is known to have problems)
The issue I had was with Witcher 3.
I don't suppose you'd want to knock up a batch file that does all of the step you mentioned for Windows 10?

Andrei

I know Batch file would make it simple but I think the steps are also very easy to follow. I'm not really willing to spend time making one..

CrystalShadow

Hi!
I Created an account just to help the ones that didn't sauced in unlocking DDL and DTS interactive. All the information was already in the forum but i think it as not clear enough.

It is quite Simple:
1. Install preferred Driver version. (the one that you already have installed might also work (I tested 2,70, 2,72, 2,79 with success)

2. a) If you have Win 64 Bits go to Windows\System32\ and look for RtkAPO64.dll or RltkAPO64.dll ( you will find only one, depending on driver version. As you can see one has extra "l" )
b) If you are running x86 win look for the file RtkAPO.dll or RltkAPO.dll - Didn't test this but should work the same as 64 bits

4. Get the unlocked file 64 or 32 bits depending on your Win version : (I used this one form post 473) Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 64 bit - R2.75 A1: http://rghost.net/8LJCkFHyS

5. Copy the dll file to Windows\System32\ . Be careful to give it the correct name depending on what you found initially in System 32 with/without extra "l"

5 Regedit "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.

6. Restart

Hope it helps!

PS: In Windows 10 unlock works the same way but there is no sound in DDL or DTS. I am 99% sure that the lack of sound is not related to the unlock but it is a windows or driver problem.
Thanks a bunch, I was trying with RTKVHD64.sys and had no luck beforehand. You might want to add an attachment to the files you list in your post, I found them on page 19 though.
Thanks

Shiroyasha

Hi!
I Created an account just to help the ones that didn't sauced in unlocking DDL and DTS interactive. All the information was already in the forum but i think it as not clear enough.

It is quite Simple:

6. Restart

Hope it helps!

Well I tried to follow this but I got stuck at the driver install part. When I go to install the new driver it says that windows has found that the current driver is the most up to date driver and I cant change it. I cant find the new driver when I go to manually install it I.E the "let me pick from a list". I'm at a loss.

CrystalShadow

Well I tried to follow this but I got stuck at the driver install part. When I go to install the new driver it says that windows has found that the current driver is the most up to date driver and I cant change it. I cant find the new driver when I go to manually install it I.E the "let me pick from a list". I'm at a loss.
If you already have the driver, you don't need to reinstall it (though windows might not be correct about what is "newest")
He noted that because in some implementations of the hack, you must be on a certain version. With his, it can be any version.

darkspireULTIMA

hey guys i made an account just to ask,..

im on windows 10 prebuild.. and i tried 2.79 and yeah i can confirm it doesnt work.

do we know if its going to be fixed for win 10.. tbh i quite like 10 but it the ddl thing is winding me up a bit.

Shiroyasha

If you already have the driver, you don't need to reinstall it (though windows might not be correct about what is "newest")
He noted that because in some implementations of the hack, you must be on a certain version. With his, it can be any version.

When I finished following the directions in the guide i Restarted and nothing was changed, Not sure what I did wrong.

CrystalShadow

When I finished following the directions in the guide i Restarted and nothing was changed, Not sure what I did wrong.
Can you figure out which driver you had? Alternatively, uninstall the driver and then go get 2.79 from Realtek's site, then continue from step 2.

I had that fail a few times before I finally got it to work. Make sure you are grabbing the right drivers (The RltkAPO64.dll ones, not the RTKVHD64.sys that the OP posted)

Shiroyasha

I have driver version 6.0.1.7541 I just downloaded and installed the latest from the Realtek site so I'm guessing its the latest version.

Shiroyasha

I'm starting to think this does not work with my Motherboard the z87 G45 Msi Gaming, I have just tried again and after restarting it yields no results.

Andrei

Shiroyasha
If you use the 2.79 than the file from post 473 will work .Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 64 bit - R2.75 A1: http://rghost.net/8LJCkFHyS
Find your file in System32, rename it, copy the RltkAPO64.dll from the link , Edit the registry and that's all.

After restart you should find in Realtek HD audio manager, under default format DTS and DDL.

PS: DTS and DDL are only available for Digital outputs.

Last edited:

Andrei

hey guys i made an account just to ask,..

im on windows 10 prebuild.. and i tried 2.79 and yeah i can confirm it doesnt work.

do we know if its going to be fixed for win 10.. tbh i quite like 10 but it the ddl thing is winding me up a bit.
I found some posts saying that an older built of windows 10 had working DDL but after 10041 it does not work anymore.

Shiroyasha

Shiroyasha
If you use the 2.79 than the file from post 473 will work .Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - 64 bit - R2.75 A1: http://rghost.net/8LJCkFHyS
Find your file in System32, rename it, copy the RltkAPO64.dll from the link , Edit the registry and that's all.

After restart you should find in Realtek HD audio manager, under default format DTS and DDL.

PS: DTS and DDL are only available for Digital outputs.

This is the Driver version I have now, Is this the correct one?

Attachments

• RightDriverVersion.png
    RightDriverVersion.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,251

Shiroyasha

Alright, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, I put the new ddl into the system32 folder, I did the Run.exe then typed in RegEdit and added in what needed to be added, and I've restarted. I still don't see the DD or the DTS options. I've added a picture of what I don't see.

Attachments

• dontunderstand.png
    dontunderstand.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Imlost.png
    Imlost.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • DDLDTS.png
    DDLDTS.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,466

Shiroyasha

That last image is from the opening post, That is not a picture of what I have. Unfortunately. That is a picture of what I don't see on my RealTek HD Audio Manager.

Andrei

What do you have in the Dropdown menu?

Look also in Control Panel-> Sound->select Digital ouptup->properties-> advanced-> see the dropdown menu.

PS: This version of driver is not form Realtek website. Am I right ?

Shiroyasha

Oh, I'm stupid, I see it now in that menu but not in the Realtek menu. I thought it was supposed to be in the Realtek Menu?

It says 5.1 but is not playing in 5.1 now I am not sure what is wrong now.

There's nothing in the RealTek Menu where the drop down menu is for DTS or DD.

Last edited:
Processor i5 4690K
Motherboard Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10
Video Card(s) HIS R9 270X
Display(s) TC-L37X1
Case NZXT S-340
Audio Device(s) Z-5500 Optical / Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-650TX
Software Windows 8.1 Pro x64
I was able to use Realtek drivers with a ALC888 chipset and worked fine with R2.73 drivers, after that I upgraded motherboard and ended up with an ALC1150 chipset and then I was never able to use them correctly again, the options appear in the Realtek App but not in the Windows Control Panel instead now I use the DOLBY HOME THEATER v4 and work just fine with the old ALC888 and ALC1150, I can get TRUE Dolby Digital through optical even in games with the Xaudio2 mod (tested with wolfenstein the old blood getting 5.1 optical output), and Dolby Pro Logic for music and of course passthrough for movies with DTS/Dolby encoded tracks.

Btw, I'm testing Windows 10 build 10240 and can't get any of the old hacks to work but it is a known bug that 5.1 is not working right.
Until DX12 games come out there is not enough reason to upgrade from 7/8.1 to 10.

Last edited:

felipaopl

I was able to use Realtek drivers with a ALC888 chipset and worked fine with R2.73 drivers, after that I upgraded motherboard and ended up with an ALC1150 chipset and then I was never able to use them correctly again, the options appear in the Realtek App but not in the Windows Control Panel instead now I use the DOLBY HOME THEATER v4 and work just fine with the old ALC888 and ALC1150, I can get TRUE Dolby Digital through optical even in games with the Xaudio2 mod (tested with wolfenstein the old blood getting 5.1 optical output), and Dolby Pro Logic for music and of course passthrough for movies with DTS/Dolby encoded tracks.

Btw, I'm testing Windows 10 build 10240 and can't get any of the old hacks to work but it is a known bug that 5.1 is not working right.
Until DX12 games come out there is not enough reason to upgrade from 7/8.1 to 10.
What do you mean by Dolby Home Theater v4/Xaudio2 mod and what's the difference between this solution and this thread's approach?

Also, although I couldn't make the method here working in Windows 10, 5.1 does work, at least when you play the test tone when going to the Windows audio settings.

Processor i5 4690K
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) TC-L37X1
Case NZXT S-340
What do you mean by Dolby Home Theater v4/Xaudio2 mod and what's the difference between this solution and this thread's approach?

Also, although I couldn't make the method here working in Windows 10, 5.1 does work, at least when you play the test tone when going to the Windows audio settings.

The main difference is that Dolby Home Theater Audio WORKS, while Unlocked Realtek drivers appears to work or partially work only for some people.
And this thread approach is to get Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive which btw DHTv4 gets done flawlessly (Dolby Digital).

You should do the test tone on the Digital Audio/SPDIF/OPTICAL OUTPUT over Windows 10 IT WILL FAIL to this day (27/07/2015), The headphones and regular speakers should work normal.

You can check the problem here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...af-9645-d041dbdf8b5b?page=18&tm=1437674420761

Attachments

• DD.png
    DD.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,108
  • HP.png
    HP.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,325

felipaopl

The main difference is that Dolby Home Theater Audio WORKS, while Unlocked Realtek drivers appears to work or partially work only for some people.
And this thread approach is to get Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive which btw DHTv4 gets done flawlessly (Dolby Digital).

You should do the test tone on the Digital Audio/SPDIF/OPTICAL OUTPUT over Windows 10 IT WILL FAIL to this day (27/07/2015), The headphones and regular speakers should work normal.

You can check the problem here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...af-9645-d041dbdf8b5b?page=18&tm=1437674420761
Let me get this straight then, are you saying that DHTv4 could be used as a solution to the problems in this thread? In my case, specifically, I want to re-enable DDL or DTS Interactive, but even a stereo sound coming out of my 5 speakers would be good enough. Would DHTv4 allow me to do that? Is it a separate software or bundled into audio drivers? Sorry, quite new to this whole audio driver business.

Processor i5 4690K
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) TC-L37X1
Case NZXT S-340
Let me get this straight then, are you saying that DHTv4 could be used as a solution to the problems in this thread? In my case, specifically, I want to re-enable DDL or DTS Interactive, but even a stereo sound coming out of my 5 speakers would be good enough. Would DHTv4 allow me to do that? Is it a separate software or bundled into audio drivers? Sorry, quite new to this whole audio driver business.

It is a software/driver combo. You can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p6uz4qi1yeojv11/DOLBY.rar

SOURCE: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=a76255781f509a207689b8433cfc92a0&t=392085

Quick guide:
DOLBY.rar contents:
Dolby PCEE Drivers x64.msi
Dolby PCEE Drivers x86.msi
Dolby Home Theater v4.msi
Dolby Advanced Audio v2.msi

Installation:

1. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers or NVIDIA or ATI HD Audio drivers. Reboot.

2. NOTE: For Win 8/8.1, Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

3. Install "Dolby PCEE Drivers x64.msi". During installation process, choose "DHT(release)" for Home Theater v4.

4. Install "Dolby Home Theater v4.msi". Reboot.

5. After restart go to Control Panel -> Audio -> Select Digital Output -> properties -> advanced properties -> from the dropdown menu select Dolby Digital -> apply/accept and close.

6. Enjoy :)

It will work with Win7 & Win8, currently not working on Windows 10.